talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pochettino: Diving Is A Lovely Trick & Referee Errors Are Beautiful

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not been in ages mate. As you know, I live and work near Sheffield now. Having a crack with my cousins n mates at home this weekend though. 

Cant wait :D

Christ, a wool as well. Sickening. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HK85 said:

Christ, a wool as well. Sickening. 

Got to go where the work is pal! 

My Dads side is Scouse (where I was brought up) but my Mums side are Yorkshire twats and that’s how i ended up getting a very good job via my uncle. 

Have to say though, Liverpool pisses on Sheffield for a night out. 

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Well thats just plain wroing given the referees make the final decision with VAR and have shown they can still get it wrong.

The referees need to be improved, forget adding VAR.

Are you saying if an offside goal was scored which the refs cant see with a human eye and the VAR shows it to be offside, the referees still wont rule the goal out despite watching the replay? Okay

Just now, Asura said:

Are you saying if an offside goal was scored which the refs cant see with a human eye and the VAR shows it to be offside, the referees still wont rule the goal out despite watching the replay? Okay

I've seen an offside player being given a penalty with VAR. The referees are the problem, and thus more reason as to why I think VAR isn't necessary.

Just now, Blue said:

I've seen an offside player being given a penalty with VAR. The referees are the problem, and thus more reason as to why I think VAR isn't necessary.

You might have seen one wrong decision but pretty sure there were tens of other decisions that were corrected. The % of correct decisions eventually will go up which is what everyone wants, except maybe you. 

Just now, Asura said:

You might have seen one wrong decision but pretty sure there were tens of other decisions that were corrected. The % of correct decisions eventually will go up which is what everyone wants, except maybe you. 

I've seen countless wrong decisions. 

You already know I prefer human instinct, but I haven't seen anything that suggests this will correct decisions. Its quite funny, whenever there is a wrong decision no one bats an eye but when they correct a decision, its the best thing in the world.

Yawn.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

You already know I prefer human instinct, but I haven't seen anything that suggests this will correct decisions. Its quite funny, whenever there is a wrong decision no one bats an eye but when they correct a decision, its the best thing in the world.

Yawn.

Yeah but unfortunately for you, I guess you will have to live with it as the football associations are planning to go with VAR which the majority of the fans prefer despite the "countless wrong decisions" you saw

Just now, Asura said:

Yeah but unfortunately for you, I guess you will have to live with it as the football associations are planning to go with VAR which the majority of the fans prefer despite the "countless wrong decisions" you saw

Many people saw*

VAR won't last long. If it does the sport is dead.

Thankfully for me though, I can't see this ever being implemented in the Peruvian league.

An Arsenal fan complaining about diving and a Spurs fan from Hertfordshire complaining about supporting your local team....just need me to complain about swapping teams and we'll have the hat-trick.

Although maybe the hat-trick was already there when the Arsenal fan moaned about the "Middlesex club" even though that would make his club the South London Dons :D

I hate nothing more than when the opposition dives but find it fucking hilarious when a Norwich player dives and it riles up the opposition and their fans. Honestly, we play ipswich next weekend and if I could pick one way to win the game it'd be through a 90th minute James Maddison dive, then he missed the penalty but scores the rebound. Just to watch them moan and squirm. We've hammered them a few times in the last 5 years or so but when we won 1-0 and Grabban scored an offside goal with his arse was weirdly as enjoyable as the 5-1 just because they fucking hated it.

Remember when Andy Johnson scored about 25 goals but about 18 were penalties and every single penalty was through a Johnson dive? Fucking hate that little bald ugly cunt.

25 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

xD Nearly 13 years later and Norwich fans still can't let that one dive go. 

You should be an expert on diving with Johnson and now Zaha..... Despise Johnson and Dowie. Still can't believe we lost 6-0 on the final day to Fulham, then again your fuck up at Charlton was probably actually worse. You had hope, we were 3 down after 20 mins. How did we lost 6-0 to Fulham on the final day  xD

The 3-3 at your place was fucking dramatic. If i remember correctly, Green made an unbelievable save in the last minute.

17 minutes ago, Marc said:

You should be an expert on diving with Johnson and now Zaha..... Despise Johnson and Dowie. Still can't believe we lost 6-0 on the final day to Fulham, then again your fuck up at Charlton was probably actually worse. You had hope, we were 3 down after 20 mins. How did we lost 6-0 to Fulham on the final day  xD

The 3-3 at your place was fucking dramatic. If i remember correctly, Green made an unbelievable save in the last minute.

I think the 6-0 was the biggest fuck up as if you had won none of the other results would have mattered. The result that really shot us was drawing against Southampton the week before when Danny Higginbotham scored in injury time.

8 hours ago, Blue said:

Yawn.

You haven't seen anything to suggest it will correct decisions? You haven't seen VAR overturn a single incorrect decision? I'm sorry, but that's absurd.

VAR isn't perfect, but it doesn't have to be. All it has to be is better than leaving referees on their own, which it objectively is when it comes to making decisions.

18 hours ago, 6666 said:

There's a difference between being happy about your team benefiting from a dive and saying "yeah it was a dive but I'm happy about the win" to being happy about your team benefiting from a dive and saying "diving isn't really that bad, no one should make a big deal out of it". I've seen idiots as well claim that diving is no different to a step over or any different from a foul to stop the play. Absolute stupidity.

Pochettino generally does come out with a lot of shit though. Hasn't won anything but has bought into the hype that the media has built up over him. Hopefully Dele Alli & Kane are a lot more scrutinised now that they're all proudly advocating cheating.

Media darlings Tottenham. What a bunch of cunts.

I'm sorry, but fouling someone to stop the play is definitely no better than diving. Same with fannying around with the ball near the corner flag to waste time. It's all the same.

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'm sorry, but fouling someone to stop the play is definitely no better than diving. Same with fannying around with the ball near the corner flag to waste time. It's all the same.

Well that's total bullshit. Fouling someone to stop the play is you deciding to accept the punishment for a foul. And wasting time in the corner flag is annoying but it's not even against the rules.

You Barcelona fans trying to justifying diving as being like other annoying things that happen on the pitch isn't surprising but it's still ridiculous. 

For me dishonesty (in reality what’s dishonesty in football as the word stands for lying or misleading) is the same all around because a professional tackle is also dishonest seeing as you can’t beat the player by playing football and you break the rules by stopping a moment that’s higher than you. The same as diving where you don’t believe in your own ability at that given moment or just look for the easy cowardly way out.  All of this comes down to the unwritten ethics within the sport and what someone deems to be more acceptable or not.

For example in Spain, Portugal and in Italy (because they’re the three other cultures I know very well) they don’t make a big deal out of dives.  They cover them as much as a player stopping rhythm with a foul.  Yes it’ll be mentioned and the fans themselves will go into one, but the media just limit themselves to mentioning it was a dive and shouldn’t have gone ahead in a positive manner.

34 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Cultures with an authoritarian political history creating large numbers of people like Pochettino who see the rule of law as something to be gamed is no real surprise. 

So abiding by law is important now then? :shutup:

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

For me dishonesty (in reality what’s dishonesty in football as the word stands for lying or misleading) is the same all around because a professional tackle is also dishonest seeing as you can’t beat the player by playing football and you break the rules by stopping a moment that’s higher than you. The same as diving where you don’t believe in your own ability at that given moment or just look for the easy cowardly way out.  All of this comes down to the unwritten ethics within the sport and what someone deems to be more acceptable or not.

For example in Spain, Portugal and in Italy (because they’re the three other cultures I know very well) they don’t make a big deal out of dives.  They cover them as much as a player stopping rhythm with a foul.  Yes it’ll be mentioned and the fans themselves will go into one, but the media just limit themselves to mentioning it was a dive and shouldn’t have gone ahead in a positive manner.

It's not the same if you don't try to change the definition of dishonesty. When a player dives, he's attempting to mislead the referee into thinking the player has been fouled. With a professional foul, he's openly breaking the rules and accepting the punishment because he deems it worth it (the problem here is that the punishment is too lenient). It's still not exactly flawless behaviour, but it's not dishonest or cheating.

7 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's not the same if you don't try to change the definition of dishonesty. When a player dives, he's attempting to mislead the referee into thinking the player has been fouled. With a professional foul, he's openly breaking the rules and accepting the punishment because he deems it worth it (the problem here is that the punishment is too lenient). It's still not exactly flawless behaviour, but it's not dishonest or cheating.

You’re openly breaking the rules and accepting a possible punishment in all circumstances.  Remember when Luis Suárez handled the ball (let’s call it a great save) in the World Cup against Brazil?  He knew what was about to occur and with diving if the ref sees it it’s the same thing.  I get what you’re saying in that with a dive it’s more masked and more difficult to analyse for a ref in real-time. But it’s the same thing, it’s breaking the rules and where a player does the other misdemeanours football can throw up they then protest their innocence(on the most part) which in my book is called misleading.

Anyway... we’re going off topic here. There are various shots Pochettino cleverly shoots at the media with his comment which are making a massive deal out of one particular detail where the rules are broken, some painting themselves as holier than thou, and hypocrisy. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So abiding by law is important now then? :shutup:

The British football culture in general most certainly breaks football rules deliberately, but they do so to take one for the team, to accept the price before the action, not to game the system or con anyone.

If every man is your true equal in the role of authority then someone gaming the system is gaming us all. Hence the outcry. 

English players are long gone now when it comes to diving. Cunts like Pochettino are getting their way. The FA need to start docking points. It's the only way to override people like him who go around patting con men on the back.

1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

The British football culture in general most certainly breaks football rules deliberately, but they do so to take one for the team, to accept the price before the action, not to game the system or con anyone.

If every man is your true equal in the role of authority then someone gaming the system is gaming us all. Hence the outcry. 

English players are long gone now when it comes to diving. Cunts like Pochettino are getting their way. The FA need to start docking points. It's the only way to override people like him who go around patting con men on the back.

Holier than thou mate! Don’t give me that dogma. English players dive like everyone else anywhere.

Archived