talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte leaves Chelsea (Confirmed)

Next Chelsea Manager  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Manage Chelsea Next?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Marco Silva
    • Diego Simeone
    • Laurent Blanc
    • Marco Silva
    • Other

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Storts said:

This just isn't true - and it annoys me that Chelsea fans are trying to pull the wool over people's eyes.

You can argue that money is being spent in the wrong areas - but you're still spending big money.

To take from twitter:

"Hearing a few @ChelseaFC fans saying Conte wasn't backed in recent windows. Lets remind ourselves who they signed & at what cost: Morata £60M Bakayoko £36M Drinkwater £35M Rudiger £31.5M Zappacosta £22.5M Emerson £18M Giroud £18m Barkley £15M Just the £236 Million."

We spent enough for a top four spot, those excuses are piss. We just haven't both players that were good enough or just didn't fit the system.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

This just isn't true - and it annoys me that Chelsea fans are trying to pull the wool over people's eyes.

You can argue that money is being spent in the wrong areas - but you're still spending big money.

To take from twitter:

"Hearing a few @ChelseaFC fans saying Conte wasn't backed in recent windows. Lets remind ourselves who they signed & at what cost: Morata £60M Bakayoko £36M Drinkwater £35M Rudiger £31.5M Zappacosta £22.5M Emerson £18M Giroud £18m Barkley £15M Just the £236 Million."

I think the question is not about how much money they may or may not have spent but more about the targets they have acquired.. If you listen to what Conte is saying the club have not brought in or have been unable to bring in the players he wanted?? This is of course up for debate about who has or has not done what with whom etc and to be honest with you it might hold some weight when failing to compete against all the big boys but holds about as much water as my little finger when losing to the likes of West Ham...  

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Hope not mate, at least let him finish the season no point in sacking him with a few games to go?

More rumours coming in that he has either been sacked or has resigned... again unconfirmed at this time

Just now, Bluewolf said:

More rumours coming in that he has either been sacked or has resigned... again unconfirmed at this time

Fuck us really, this season went to the shitter. What change will be made if he walks now or in the summer? We won't improve this season.

Fuck us really, this season went to the shitter. What change will be made if he walks now or in the summer? We won't improve this season.

Yea, I wouldn't really see much point in doing something now but you know the way the club operates... They may see it as still an outside chance of a top 4 spot and a chance of an FA Cup win but not with the performances we are chucking out currently... being cut throat is something the club does not lose much sleep over regardless of the casualties... 

Just have to see if it's all a load of shit or there is something more to it as the day goes on... I would have thought if true it would soon be out there officially.. 

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Yet you posted it here  :whistling:

Wont be the first time we have given someone the chop at short notice... could have been something in it but I think you are right it's better not to post any football related items in a football forum just in  case they turn out to be bullshit stories... 

Probably someone looking for 1000 retweets or something.. 

We spent enough for a top four spot, those excuses are piss. We just haven't both players that were good enough or just didn't fit the system.

Exactly. Just look at Liverpool against City and what Klopp did. 

You really think Conte would of done that? With the likes of Henderson, Ox, Lovern, Karius, TAA, Robertson, he would of complained about the club lacking ambition and park the bus with those players. He would then treat the defeat like a moral victory to only concede one goal. 

9 hours ago, Storts said:

To take from twitter:

I didn't say the club doesn't  spend  the same amounts ya bastard. Boo Storts boo, I said their method of spending is different. It annoys me when any fan puts words in my mouth.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Storts said:

To take from twitter:

I've thought this myself. Seen the "Conte hasn't been backed" rhetoric a fair bit and I can't tell if I'm missing something. That's a ridiculous amount of money. To be honest, probably the biggest waste of money I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I've thought this myself. Seen the "Conte hasn't been backed" rhetoric a fair bit and I can't tell if I'm missing something. That's a ridiculous amount of money. To be honest, probably the biggest waste of money I've ever seen.

His main gripe is not having a say in players coming in. Which I can't fault him for being royally pissed. (Although he knew what he signed on for)

Even when we thought players such as Zappacosta and Emerson were his signings, they weren't. 

He's a coach, not a manager 

On 4/3/2018 at 19:46, RandoEFC said:

There hasn't been a better Chelsea side since the Robben, A Cole, J Cole, Paulo Ferreira, Cech, Terry, Ricardo Carvalho etc. team.

There were other seasons where they were pretty good to watch with Malouda, Kalou, Bosingwa absolute must haves in Fantasy Football too.

It's hard to emulate the highs Chelsea have had in terms of teams with character after two absolute talismen in Lampard and Terry leave though.

That was the last time Mourinho played proper attacking football, also he raided a lot of the Porto team plus Chelsea had Arnsen who bought players from Holland and other countries after Euro 2004.   Duff and Robben tore teams apart,  the biggest mistake was Mourinho when he said Robben was one of his special players, as Robben got injured against Blackburn and after that he started the diving to avoid getting injured again, he wasn't the same for chelsea after that, J Cole also went the same way because of Mourinho. 

23 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Wont be the first time we have given someone the chop at short notice... could have been something in it but I think you are right it's better not to post any football related items in a football forum just in  case they turn out to be bullshit stories... 

Probably someone looking for 1000 retweets or something.. 

You was the one who poured fuel on the muppets thread by posting something you found on the net as a club statement on the manager being removed from his position.

Yet a short while after you try to make out its all below you.

Your right about one thing, your posting was bullshit.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

You was the one who poured fuel on the muppets thread by posting something you found on the net as a club statement on the manager being removed from his position.

Yet a short while after you try to make out its all below you.

Your right about one thing, your posting was bullshit.

general reminder that you thought Salah won't improve Liverpool.

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Thrilled you recognized yourself & Season aint over yet

It doesn’t matter what happens between now and the end of the season, he clearly improves us and only a fool would think different. I mean, how can anybody say a potential Ballon d’or winner doesn’t improve us and expect to be taken seriously xD

55 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It doesn’t matter what happens between now and the end of the season, he clearly improves us and only a fool would think different. I mean, how can anybody say a potential Ballon d’or winner doesn’t improve us and expect to be taken seriously xD

Oh dear, you must remember what I said. Finish higher than last seasons position and he has improved you. I believe I gave you if you win a cup too, as you didnt win anything last season.

Anything he picks up individually counts as diddly squat.

You are dangerously close to becoming a Spurs fan, listing almost's and nearly's as achievements, but on the whole excellent entertainment.

Congratulations on last nights result.... Perfect result for me.

16 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Oh dear, you must remember what I said. Finish higher than last seasons position and he has improved you. I believe I gave you if you win a cup too, as you didnt win anything last season.

Anything he picks up individually counts as diddly squat.

You are dangerously close to becoming a Spurs fan, listing almost's and nearly's as achievements, but on the whole excellent entertainment.

Congratulations on last nights result.... Perfect result for me.

🙈

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived