Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Joey Barton at Fleetwood Town

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kind of ironic though because his brother was convicted of a racist murder. Tbh, I think this is just opportunistic from Barton. He knows he can get good press by coming out and doing the obvious thing - condemning obvious racism. Fair play for condemning it, I suppose... but I can't help but think he'd be like his brother if he weren't a footballer.

I don’t get the brother stuff, as much has a numpty Barton can be his brother carrying out a hate murder has nothing to do with him.

41 minutes ago, Danny said:

I don’t get the brother stuff, as much has a numpty Barton can be his brother carrying out a hate murder has nothing to do with him.

Apart from Barton paying for him to leave the country? 

28 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Apart from Barton paying for him to leave the country? 

I think a lot of people would do that for a family member regardless of how right or wrong what they did was

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danny said:

The Barton family is a bit infamous in Merseyside, well before Joey Barton ever kicked a football professionally. They're generational violent dickheads - I think it's evidence the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with regards to Joey. And considering that his brother is a literal murderer.. I'd guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree with his brother.

My guess is they're actually fairly similar in terms of their personality and how they think - which is what my point was there.

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think a lot of people would do that for a family member regardless of how right or wrong what they did was

If my brother killed murdered anyone, racially motivated or not, I'd let him rot. I'd like to think most people are the same - yeah he's family... but he'd also be someone who took someone else's loved one away from them. And if it was a racist murder, I'd be even more disgusted by my horrific murderous brother. Fortunately, I don't think that's something I'll ever have to worry about.

34 minutes ago, Danny said:

xD. Jesus Christ mate, you’re saying a lot of people would defender a murderer because they were family? Actually pay for them to leave the country and escape justice? I feel you’re way off the mark here.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

xD. Jesus Christ mate, you’re saying a lot of people would defender a murderer because they were family? Actually pay for them to leave the country and escape justice? I feel you’re way off the mark here.

Tbh mate I don’t know too much about it other than what his brother done. Not saying I would have done it mind, but yeah based on the people I’ve met throughout my lifetime if the opportunity arose to get a family member off of a serious crime they committed, I could quite confidently point out who I think would do it.

I feel like I’m defending him now, I agree that him trying to get his brother off the hook was bad and having found out about it, it is ironic that he makes comments about racism. Got a bit too argumentative there 😂

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tbh mate I don’t know too much about it other than what his brother done. Not saying I would have done it mind, but yeah based on the people I’ve met throughout my lifetime if the opportunity arose to get a family member off of a serious crime they committed, I could quite confidently point out who I think would do it.

You need to stay clear of these people. They sound like absolute fucking arseholes.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

You need to stay clear of these people. They sound like absolute fucking arseholes.

Not saying they’re my friends mate 😂 you just run into all sorts throughout life, especially when you grow up in and around council housing