talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsène Wenger to Step Down at End of the Season

football forum

48 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Wenger would be a terrible appointment for either Everton or especially Real Madrid. He's been taking Arsenal backwards for a decade and proven himself incapable of motivating and setting up his team time and time again, especially for big games. Why would you want someone like that? For a team like Real Madrid who enter every season with ambitions to win the Champions League, I genuinely can't think of anyone worse.

Thought Everton had Simeone and Ancelotti in the bag anyway.

Seeing as Florentino Pérez' first priority when brining someone in is media attention and mass marketing, Arsene Wenger doesn't sound all that far fetched mate.  He brought in Zinedine Zidane from doing a disastrous job in Spain's 3rd division with the Real Madrid 'B' side and without even having finished his coaching badges where he was suspended for a while from the dugout.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don’t understand why wenger wants to work. He’s 68 and has money to burn. Why would you want to stay in a high pressure job and get called a cunt? Let alone possibly taking another job after Arsenal. Just weird. Retire and go live on a beach somewhere 

Could happen. Would be an improvement for Everton. At the moment all they have is a man that just knows how to survive relegation. PSG more likely. They've always been after him and he can get paid while doing an easy job. Like Guardiola. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, bozziovai said:

exactly.    i'm appalled reading the comments of arsenal fans defending Arsene.    Why would they defend a manager who hasn't delivered in all fronts for the past 15 years.  Yes, they have won the FA Cup but it was against weaker teams.      Why can't they be honest with themselves.

well, not just Diego but Claudio himself, how he managed to bring out the best of his players when Leicester ( mediocre players ) won the EPL will be forever considered the biggest achievement in managerial history.

I think most are of the opinion that he should leave. The issue is the level of stupidity you're using when talking about the situation. "Why not just be like Man City" or "Leicester achieved an unlikely miracle, why can't everyone just do that?".

Also the point about not doing anything for 15 years shows a severe lack of ignorance about Arsenal's situation for most of that time. The fact he even got into the top 4 while spending very little and having to sell big players without ready replacements because of the stadium is something he should get credit for. It's easy to pretend that Arsenal were expected to win the league during that time but in reality we were expected to fall out of the top 4 during that whole time and only recently we've done that.

And regardless of the FA Cup now not meaning much, I guarantee that if Liverpool or Tottenham finally win the FA Cup or even the League Cup there would be endless praise for them bringing glory to the club and a sign of them being great managers. 

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I think most are of the opinion that he should leave. The issue is the level of stupidity you're using when talking about the situation. "Why not just be like Man City" or "Leicester achieved an unlikely miracle, why can't everyone just do that?".

Also the point about not doing anything for 15 years shows a severe lack of ignorance about Arsenal's situation for most of that time. The fact he even got into the top 4 while spending very little and having to sell big players without r

there you go again ........... defending arsene.      TOP FOUR !!! YEY !!! WE SHOULD REJOICE !!  TOP FOUR !!! ..   is there a trophy finishing in the top four ???  

and for fack's sake, you don't really get my point or you get it but you just won't admit it -- that your team arsenal needs a change in management.    And what's so stupid about comparing what City did with their club ??  or Chelsea or United or Barcelona  or Madrid ???    look at them, they're not chicken enough to change managers but look at the very positive effects of the revamp ?  Chelsea won it with Conte ... United won the Europa with Jose .. Madrid won back to back UCL with Zidane and Barcelona, look at them now, absolute domination ............... and look at your arsenal with arsene .. for facking 15 years, not even one EPL Glory, all you can brag is your stupid FA CUP and yeah your TOP FOUR FINISH, now, that's stupid.

or maybe that's why the board loves arsene too much coz he is a cash-cow .. he develops young players and then sell them for huge amounts, nevermind the trophies, they just want the money ..............

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Also the point about not doing anything for 15 years shows a severe lack of ignorance about Arsenal's situation for most of that time. The fact he even got into the top 4 while spending very little and having to sell big players without ready replacements because of the stadium is something he should get credit for. It's easy to pretend that Arsenal were expected to win the league during that time but in reality we were expected to fall out of the top 4 during that whole time and only recently we've done that.

And regardless of the FA Cup now not meaning much, I guarantee that if Liverpool or Tottenham finally win the FA Cup or even the League Cup there would be endless praise for them bringing glory to the club and a sign of them being great managers. 

Lol as if we've never won the FA Cup before.

Just now, bozziovai said:

there you go again ........... defending arsene.      TOP FOUR !!! YEY !!! WE SHOULD REJOICE !!  TOP FOUR !!! ..   is there a trophy finishing in the top four ???  

and for fack's sake, you don't really get my point or you get it but you just won't admit it -- that your team arsenal needs a change in management.    And what's so stupid about comparing what City did with their club ??  or Chelsea or United or Barcelona  or Madrid ???    look at them, they're not chicken enough to change managers but look at the very positive effects of the revamp ?  Chelsea won it with Conte ... United won the Europa with Jose .. Madrid won back to back UCL with Zidane and Barcelona, look at them now, absolute domination ............... and look at your arsenal with arsene .. for facking 15 years, not even one EPL Glory, all you can brag is your stupid FA CUP and yeah your TOP FOUR FINISH, now, that's stupid.

or maybe that's why the board loves arsene too much coz he is a cash-cow .. he develops young players and then sell them for huge amounts, nevermind the trophies, they just want the money ..............

I think you need help understanding what I said...

There's a difference between thinking a change is needed and thinking he's done nothing for 15 years (which doesn't stand up as soon as context is applied).

You seem to be leading more with emotion than with any sort of logic. 

33 minutes ago, Marc said:

I just don’t understand why wenger wants to work. He’s 68 and has money to burn. Why would you want to stay in a high pressure job and get called a cunt? Let alone possibly taking another job after Arsenal. Just weird. Retire and go live on a beach somewhere 

This is just me, but as far as him staying at Arsenal all this time when it was plainly visible what was slowly cooking up and deteriorating was all down (in my opinion) to an ego trip... He’s been questioned now for a number of years and he wants to prove them wrong that he’s finished. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol as if we've never won the FA Cup before.

I meant finally as in "finally after so many years" and I think you know that!

Anyway, you're Liverpool and context seemingly doesn't matter so unless you win the league what you've done doesn't count. It's a disgrace that Liverpool fans are happy just making up the top four. Stop making excuses for Klopp.

I think you need help understanding what I said...

There's a difference between thinking a change is needed and thinking he's done nothing for 15 years (which doesn't stand up as soon as context is applied).

You seem to be leading more with emotion than with any sort of logic. 

you're more on the emotional side dude, not me.     logic is so simple.    He has failed to win the EPL for 15 years, haven't made good progress in the UCL, only that one Final against Barca.   His glory is in the FA CUP.    that for me is a failure for a manager with a club as big as Arsenal and that needs to be changed.     simple logic, right ???

Anyway, you're Liverpool and context seemingly doesn't matter so unless you win the league what you've done doesn't count. It's a disgrace that Liverpool fans are happy just making up the top four. Stop making excuses for Klopp.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH..     this shit made me laugh so hard HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.        fack off, thanks  for making me laugh man HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ..................    you're insulting liverpool fans for being happy to be in the top four, and yet, you yourself has said  ::

Also the point about not doing anything for 15 years shows a severe lack of ignorance about Arsenal's situation for most of that time. The fact he even got into the top 4 while spending very little and having to sell big players without r

now, that's very "logical" of you hahahahahahhahah

Just now, bozziovai said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH..     this shit made me laugh so hard HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.        fack off, thanks  for making me laugh man HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ..................    you're insulting liverpool fans for being happy to be in the top four, and yet, you yourself has said  ::

now, that's very "logical" of you hahahahahahhahah

That was the point you... I was showcasing the hypocrisy and double standards at play due to the narratives being pushed by the media.

You are a great representation of ArsenalFanTV watchers so well done on that. Borderline insane.

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

That was the point you... I was showcasing the hypocrisy and double standards at play due to the narratives being pushed by the media.

You are a great representation of ArsenalFanTV watchers so well done on that. Borderline insane.

nnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.    enough of you.   you're already caught with how you sway things just to land the argument on your favor.

it's your team anyway ................  where are you now in the table ??   6th ??   8 points behind chelsea ??     you still need to catch spurs which is 13 points ahead for you to make it on your holy grail that is the top four hahahahhah.

The paying back the stadium story is one of the biggest hoaxes in football of the modern era. The fact they used that (not the only psychological masterpieces mind you) to hold back any ambition from the fans is a sin. I even believed it for quite some time back then. 

27 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The paying back the stadium story is one of the biggest hoaxes in football of the modern era. The fact they used that (not the only psychological masterpieces mind you) to hold back any ambition from the fans is a sin. I even believed it for quite some time back then. 

Yep, its like they donated the old site to charity and never mentioned the £330 million they made from Highbury Square.  Kroenke just bought the club then and that was his plan all along to not use his own money regarding the buying players.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Lol I guess Arsenal fans are just as capable of rattling themselves as Spurs fans. Very Storts of you.

Is self-rattling a London thing? 

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Does no one see him going back to france or italy? I know a boatload of teams that would take him and he might just be sick of the premier league at this point.

I think he should go to international management.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol I guess Arsenal fans are just as capable of rattling themselves as Spurs fans. Very Storts of you.

Is self-rattling a London thing? 

We're shit and ArsenalFanTV exists. I have an excuse to be rattled.

• The title was changed to Arsenal Fans Slam 'Disgraceful' Thierry Henry After 'Snubbing' Wenger Send-Off

Archived