talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fear of Flying/Busing

football forum

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

To be honest, bad cabin air and lack of leg space are the worst thing about flights for me. I don't mind airports too much, as I usually just spend time in one of the lounges if it's a long overlay, so it's comfortable, quiet, you can take a shower and a nap, there are unlimited snacks and drinks, etc.

Even though we took one of those budget flights leg room was not an issue for us... We were right at the front on the way there and got the exit door seats on the way back.. loads of leg room there, Felt a bit sorry for the two stewardesses though who had nothing more than a drop down plank to sit on for the whole 2 hour journey.. 

@The Rebel CRS We were near enough to the windows on both journeys to see out of the windows but mostly it was clouds until we were landing that is.. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
18 minutes ago, nudge said:

To be honest, bad cabin air and lack of leg space are the worst thing about flights for me. I don't mind airports too much, as I usually just spend time in one of the lounges if it's a long overlay, so it's comfortable, quiet, you can take a shower and a nap, there are unlimited snacks and drinks, etc.

not in Copenhagen!

Stayed for one night in the airport and everything shuts there! We were hoping after our CL match there last season we could kip for a bit in the airport when we got back and have a coffee or breakfast but everything shut early and opened late!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Even though we took one of those budget flights leg room was not an issue for us... We were right at the front on the way there and got the exit door seats on the way back.. loads of leg room there, Felt a bit sorry for the two stewardesses though who had nothing more than a drop down plank to sit on for the whole 2 hour journey.. 

@The Rebel CRS We were near enough to the windows on both journeys to see out of the windows but mostly it was clouds until we were landing that is.. 

Yes, exit seats are the best for extra legroom, but they can come with certain disadvantages, too - depending on the model of the plane, some of them do not recline, they are usually narrower, and you have to keep your hand baggage in the overhead compartment all the time... Not too mention that it's not easy to get them on long-haul flights :( 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, exit seats are the best for extra legroom, but they can come with certain disadvantages, too - depending on the model of the plane, some of them do not recline, they are usually narrower, and you have to keep your hand baggage in the overhead compartment all the time... Not too mention that it's not easy to get them on long-haul flights :( 

The Stewardess jokingly told one of our lot that being near the exit door meant that he was in charge of getting people off in an emergency and he believed her... xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

not in Copenhagen!

Stayed for one night in the airport and everything shuts there! We were hoping after our CL match there last season we could kip for a bit in the airport when we got back and have a coffee or breakfast but everything shut early and opened late!

Yes, not all airport lounges have sleep facilities and not all are open 24/7, but I've been lucky with it so far, hehe. 

On 29/04/2018 at 13:38, Toinho said:

@The Rebel CRSplane food is not horrible anymore mate. I reckon for at least 3-4 years my meals have been delicious with so much choice! Had some amazing pastas, beef stews and chicken rice in recent times. Plane food has got way better!

I'm never usually arsed about food while on the plane due to eating when in the airport itself but when I have had it in the past I was never a fan, but maybe it might surprise me next time I decide to fly somewhere(not including while out in a car with @nudge).

On 29/04/2018 at 12:37, Bluewolf said:

Won't be the first time you took a car journey with someone and ended up flying the whole way I am sure... 

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'm never usually arsed about food while on the plane due to eating when in the airport itself but when I have had it in the past I was never a fan, but maybe it might surprise me next time I decide to fly somewhere.

It's my air freshener.... xD

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Plane food is awful but with the amount of restaurants in the airport these days it's not much of a problem, eat before you get on board and take some food with you if need be.

often found this depends which airline you go on.

Whenever I've been on Emirates and British Airways it's been decent. For Emirates you get a hell of a lot of choice when you book and even when you're on there you can possibly change your mind or ask for something different and they'll accommodate.

British Airways standards have improved, as well. They used to be boring but they've upped their game. 

And even though it's EasyJet, I've never had a bad bacon roll from there. Treated myself to a couple after having the mother of all hangovers on the way back from Magaluf xD 

• Subscriber

Qatar Airways food is usually good as well, and the portions are quite generous, too. Best part - alcohol is free, even in economy class :D Worse part - their alcohol choice can be very questionable at times, I got served Foster's with my breakfast wrap once :ph34r:xD 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Qatar Airways food is usually good as well, and the portions are quite generous, too. Best part - alcohol is free, even in economy class :D Worse part - their alcohol choice can be very questionable at times, I got served Foster's with my breakfast wrap once :ph34r:xD 

ooh good point. Alcohol is free on Emirates flights as well.

There you go @Blue. Choose the right airline and wipe the fears away with some free booze!

I'm not afraid of flying, and obviously not of riding a bus neither. But i mostly hate them both if it's a long trip, why?, because you cannot smoke. If it was my personal plane then no probs, but i'd rather go by land be it in a car or bike or by sea if it's not possible, instead of on a commercial flight. I don't mind it taking 10x or 20x more time as long as i'm comfortable.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
37 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@Stan And i wasn't even talking to him

he probably thought you were messing about? Toinho already said most of the stuff said on here is tongue-in-cheek or a joke. I wouldn't take it to heart.

Just now, Stan said:

he probably thought you were messing about? Toinho already said most of the stuff said on here is tongue-in-cheek or a joke. I wouldn't take it to heart.

Anything that doesn't has xD or :ph34r: is taken to heart by many 

On 02/05/2018 at 06:42, Berserker said:

I'm not afraid of flying, and obviously not of riding a bus neither. But i mostly hate them both if it's a long trip, why?, because you cannot smoke. If it was my personal plane then no probs, but i'd rather go by land be it in a car or bike or by sea if it's not possible, instead of on a commercial flight. I don't mind it taking 10x or 20x more time as long as i'm comfortable.

Ferries are brilliant. They may take a lot longer but you can do a lot on them. If you go on one with aload of you then you can have a brilliant time.

34 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Ferries are brilliant. They may take a lot longer but you can do a lot on them. If you go on one with aload of you then you can have a brilliant time.

Yep bro, definitely agree. Just a shame they cover way less countries than the planes and are many times considerably more expensive.

Archived