talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

11 hours ago, Stan said:

It's a massive shame Barca have had to let him go :( 

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Didn't this lad have a high ceiling? Such a strange decision. 

His technical ability is immense. But physically is where coaches consistently ask questions. I don’t know... Don’t understand why he didn’t go to Italy where Fiorentina approached Barcelona twice (allegedly) on signing him. But the reports say he didn’t want to play for any other European club. A weird thing for a young player to do.

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Didn't this lad have a high ceiling? Such a strange decision. 

He showed talent in the first team when given a chance about 2.5 years ago under Setién. Koeman came in, accused him of leaking information to the press, never played him and since then he has fallen massively down the pecking order and has an array of much better young talent ahead of him.

I'm surprised he's going to the USA mind as he should have gone to a lower half La Liga club. It could have revived him. 

He doesn't seem to really have any care or desire to progress though. Koeman didn't like him, but he didn't help himself either. 

As Balón said, he lacks when it comes to the physical aspect also. 

7 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

He showed talent in the first team when given a chance about 2.5 years ago under Setién. Koeman came in, accused him of leaking information to the press, never played him and since then he has fallen massively down the pecking order and has an array of much better young talent ahead of him.

I'm surprised he's going to the USA mind as he should have gone to a lower half La Liga club. It could have revived him. 

He doesn't seem to really have any care or desire to progress though. Koeman didn't like him, but he didn't help himself either. 

As Balón said, he lacks when it comes to the physical aspect also. 

I think the Koeman part in all of this is the most telling imo. People can accuse him of all sorts, but one thing he does do, it’s give young talent the chance. That’s Koeman all over and the fact he spoke to Puig himself by allegedly telling him to go to the Premier League (there were interested PL clubs in him at the time) tells us quite a bit of what the Dutch coach was asking from him and telling him where he had to improve.

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I think the Koeman part in all of this is the most telling imo. People can accuse him of all sorts, but one thing he does do, it’s give young talent the chance. That’s Koeman all over and the fact he spoke to Puig himself by allegedly telling him to go to the Premier League (there were interested PL clubs in him at the time) tells us quite a bit of what the Dutch coach was asking from him and telling him where he had to improve.

Koeman did well with giving young players a chance and even won a trophy in some shit circumstances but at the same time, I'd never say he would be the correct man right now, for example, in taking the club forward.

But I think his problem with Puig was personal to be honest.

• Upvote 1

They haven’t got long to register those new players and tbh, I’m not seeing any of that happening unless they pull some more of those “levers” they keep on finding. I’ve started to look for some of those in my house too.

49 minutes ago, Spike said:

wtf are these ‘levers’

Assets sold to a third party so Barcelona have money now and right now. 

This drastically reduces Barcelona's yearly revenue stream, and the deal is for about 20 years. They do have the option to buy the assets back in one lump some if they appreciate, but this would be a significant amount and would almost mean Barcelona would need to generate profits yearly + win major trophies. 

All in all, they are relying on the Super League allegedly over generating profits yearly + win major trophies. They are in serious shit. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Lewandowski unregistered would be madness.

15 hours ago, Spike said:

I’d say incredibly embarrassing.

18 hours ago, SirBalon said:

They haven’t got long to register those new players and tbh, I’m not seeing any of that happening unless they pull some more of those “levers” they keep on finding. I’ve started to look for some of those in my house too.

As it stands now I believe that Barcelona only have 10 more days to get all this sorted.... They currently have 33 players on the first team books and have to reduce that to 25 so that's 8 players they must offload.. In addition to that they have to bring their wage bill down to 400Mill and it currently stands at £560Mill so they need to shave another £160MIll off before the season starts, obviously they would be unable to register any of their new signings for the first team unless this gets done although I understand they could be put them all in the Reserve team squad.. They also want to try and sign 2 more players.. xD

They must be operating some sort of 'Buy Now! Register Later' scheme or something.. B|

Frenkie de Jong's future under Xavi at Barcelona remains unclear

"Go fuck yourselves you robbing cunts.. I will kick cans on the sidelines if I have too, Just give me my fucking money!!"  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

As it stands now I believe that Barcelona only have 10 more days to get all this sorted.... They currently have 33 players on the first team books and have to reduce that to 25 so that's 8 players they must offload.. In addition to that they have to bring their wage bill down to 400Mill and it currently stands at £560Mill so they need to shave another £160MIll off before the season starts, obviously they would be unable to register any of their new signings for the first team unless this gets done although I understand they could be put them all in the Reserve team squad.. They also want to try and sign 2 more players.. xD

They must be operating some sort of 'Buy Now! Register Later' scheme or something.. B|

Frenkie de Jong's future under Xavi at Barcelona remains unclear

"Go fuck yourselves you robbing cunts.. I will kick cans on the sidelines if I have too, Just give me my fucking money!!"  

They’re currently trying to get the Iñigo Martínez (CB) signing completed from Athletic Bilbao. That’s a huge signing with very big wages. The whole thing is really surreal... It’s even got Spanish non-sports newspapers observing and commenting on it all because nobody knows what’s going to happen and more importantly, how it’s all gonna happen. Unless there is some pretty hefty extra sponsorship deal that’s about to be announced, I can’t see it happening.

What’s for sure is that the Barça ‘B’ team in Spain’s second division may be about to have the most amazing side to have ever played in that division lol.

Meanwhile, Robert Lewandowski is currently being presented in the Camp Nou as a new FC Barcelona player and he’s come out onto the pitch with the number 9 shirt. The squad number Memphis Depay holds and is still a club player. 🤣

You couldn’t write any of this... Let me also add that the owner of Leeds United has just hit out against both Barça and Raphinha’s agent, Deco. He is lamenting having had to go against his word and agreement with Chelsea for the signing. He stated that he felt embarrassed to have to communicate that the footballer would be moving to FCB and that it was all out of his hands. He added that he has no idea where the money has apparently come from but that Barça have until September to pay it in full.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon what a strange reality that Atleti is better run than Barca. Hell, Depor is probably run better.

Atleti (as in Atlético Madrid) is 100% better run than Barça. There isn’t even a debate there because that club (Atleti) were in the same chaotic moment Barça find themselves in today, probably even worse. It all started with the acquisition of club legend Diego Simeone as head coach and although it isn’t by far all down to the Argentinian as to the reason for their healing financially, he has a big part to play. Atlético Madrid have been very smart ever since and even where they’ve made expensive signings like Felix, they’ve made them with guaranteed payback if it fails.

Barça on the other hand are chasing ghosts... their own manufactured nightmare. They have a wonderful (luckily) new generation of young players and they aren’t willing to communicate to their fandom that patience is required considering their economic situation. Absolute cowards and betting on the club’s future with nonsense.

Edited by SirBalon
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Meanwhile, Robert Lewandowski is currently being presented in the Camp Nou as a new FC Barcelona player and he’s come out onto the pitch with the number 9 shirt. The squad number Memphis Depay holds and is still a club player.

In one of the stories I was reading this morning Depay, Aubameyang & de Jong were all supposed to be part of a 3 man package being offered to us for around £116Mill all in... Given the situation there I could see why that would be something that could happen as well.. xD If the wage bill has to drop to £400Mill I don't see how getting extra finances in will help other than to support further player purchases which they won't be able to register for the first team.. Crazy that they are allowed to carry on in such a reckless fashion... 

22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

In one of the stories I was reading this morning Depay, Aubameyang & de Jong were all supposed to be part of a 3 man package being offered to us for around £116Mill all in... Given the situation there I could see why that would be something that could happen as well.. xD If the wage bill has to drop to £400Mill I don't see how getting extra finances in will help other than to support further player purchases which they won't be able to register for the first team.. Crazy that they are allowed to carry on in such a reckless fashion... 

Well, the signing of players is something that the football authorities can’t get involved in so long as they pay the transfer fee. The registration of the any given player considering Spain’s stringent rules that started last summer, can get involved in that aspect and at that moment. I’ve got no idea how this is going to be accomplished, nobody has. Everyone is just observing with interest.

On the Aubameyang issue, Xavi this morning stated that he is not up for negotiation and that he is part of his plans. Tbh, I’ve got no idea what that means and if it’s helping the club out on selling power or if he really means it.

Edited by SirBalon

16 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Does everyone actually believe what they read about Barcelona? Things aren't great, yes, however i'm sure the media exaggerate it all. It doesn't make any sense. All these signings and there may be more.

What do you think is exaggerated?

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Does everyone actually believe what they read about Barcelona? Things aren't great, yes, however i'm sure the media exaggerate it all. It doesn't make any sense. All these signings and there may be more.

How is it exaggerated? They are quite literally selling future assets for instant return. That’s dire.

What would Johan Cruyff make of this? I've loved Barcelona for many reasons, but at the moment I just can't fathom how anyone can get behind them. 

Reckless, bullies, short-sighted, parasites. Since the Super League fiasco a dark cloud has been over them for me.

• Upvote 3