talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah hopefully it's a good match and whoever wins deserves the win.

We're just obviously going to be hoping for the opposite outcomes.

At least one of us will be super happy while the other is depressed... I guess...lol

one thing's for sure, if madrid lose i won't be depressed.   as a fan, this isn't a must-win situation ( for me at least, i don't know about others ) i won't be wearing any adult diapers during the game hahaha.    getting into the Finals for 3 consecutive years is something to be proud of and winning it would be a bonus :P  :P      i'm not being arrogant when i say that it's best for football that liverpool wins.    a different era should dawn.      

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bozziovai said:

one thing's for sure, if madrid lose i won't be depressed.   as a fan, this isn't a must-win situation ( for me at least, i don't know about others ) i won't be wearing any adult diapers during the game hahaha.    getting into the Finals for 3 consecutive years is something to be proud of and winning it would be a bonus :P  :P      i'm not being arrogant when i say that it's best for football that liverpool wins.    a different era should dawn.      

Haha that's crazy. That's truly being spoiled for success.

This is our first final where the European Cuo is on the line since 2007, and that didn't go well. So I am desperate to win it.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Haha that's crazy. That's truly being spoiled for success.

This is our first final where the European Cuo is on the line since 2007, and that didn't go well. So I am desperate to win it.

thanks to the referees Madrid has done this feat :P  :P 

i'm thinking about the aftermath of this match.

a - if liverpool wins and salah scores, for sure perez will do whatever it takes to get Mohamed to wear the White shirt and byebye zidane

b -  madrid wins, zidane stays, and perez will be blinded with this UCL win and won't invest in buying players and it will be the same stale madrid.

26 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Just got done watching a show on espn that was comparing both team.

RM's defence is proven and knows how to win a CL. Meanwhile, Liverpool has a starting cb that doesn't have the qualities to be playing in a CL final (Lovren), two inexperience fullbacks that leave the defence expose way too much, and an average GK

Most of roma's goals were a direct result of Liverpool's defensive fuck ups and RM will exploit that.

Can we agree that this Liverpool has been heavily helped by the refs this last two rounds?

Salah offside versus Man City that ended in goal

Milner's clear hand ball versus citehh

TAA intentional and obvious handball versus Roma (that was the worst to me)

I can go on and on

Did the producer of that show on ESPN have an agenda against Liverpool? 

Absolutely no pluses on the side of Liverpool, just negatives while on the other side we have all those positives with no negatives.  ESPN are not doing such a good job for getting people to actually watch the final are they. O.o

26 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah they showed Casemiro's handball versus juventus and Marcelo' s handball versus Bayern. Also, they showed Marcelo' s defensive Fuck ups.

Menos mal xD

• Subscriber

Lets all agree that neither team has a 'true' defensive system. They are both designed for counter-attacked based football with CB pairings that on their best day look better than they are? 

The form of the day is going to matter a lot in the end. Statistics can be nice indicators, but it doesn't matter much that you've only conceded 2 goals in the entire competition when you then get demolished 4-1 in the final (as happened to Juventus last year).

One statistic or rather trend that could be worrying for Liverpool is Madrid's stellar form in finals. They always seem to bring a little extra when there's a trophy to be won, and that's true for the Champion's League more than any other competition. When you look at players like Ramos, Ronaldo and Marcelo, it doesn't look like winning the trophy so much recently has made them crave it any less now.

This Real Madrid side is a lot less balanced than the one of the previous 2 seasons, but Liverpool will still have to bring their A game to have a shot at this. They have to play like they did against Manchester City at Anfield.

3 minutes ago, Paulo Dybala said:

What effect will Ramadan have on the Champions League final? Salah, Mane and Can all practicing Muslims

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2018/05/03/5aeb084d468aeb774a8b4574.html

oh yeah.  that will pose a big problem for their muslim players and their STAR player nonetheless.      but they're professionals who have rigorous training for sure they'll be able to cope ...

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

An error by UEFA on their official webpage had Liverpool as the winners of this year’s Champions League for anfew hours where it was then brought down. :o

img_jmgilvernet_20180504-135153_imagenes

Praise be to our reptilian overlords.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

An error by UEFA on their official webpage had Liverpool as the winners of this year’s Champions League for anfew hours where it was then brought down. :o

Do they somehow make a commission off getting people crying about conspiracy theories on Twitter? :dam:

• Subscriber
On 5/4/2018 at 21:17, SirBalon said:

Thanks for trying Real Madrid just make sure you shine the trophy properly when you put it in our hands. Please don't use silver cleaner, Ronaldo's tears will do just fine.

15 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Ronaldo got injured last night...

They took him off as a precaution mate.  But I'll explain more in yesterday's match day thread which is quite hilarious to be honest.

On 5/7/2018 at 08:59, SirBalon said:

They took him off as a precaution mate.  But I'll explain more in yesterday's match day thread which is quite hilarious to be honest.

I had a nightmare that he was injured :( 

• 2 weeks later...

‘I don’t feel like an underdog’: Jürgen Klopp eager for Real redemption

The Liverpool manager still has raw memories of defeat in a Champions League final but he is undeterred as he prepares for another tilt at club football’s ultimate prize

“To be honest, we like the role we are in. We like the situation and we are in a good moment. Real Madrid are a side of the highest quality going for three wins in three years, but we are Liverpool. That’s something not to forget.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/20/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-real-madrid-champions-league-final-everything-possible

Had a dream last night that Liverpool won 2-0 but I fell asleep at half time because I was bladdered and missed the entire second half and Liverpool's two goals! 

Can't cope with the nerves for this game already, god knows what I'll be like come Saturday.

In my personal opinion all this time without top competitive football is hurting Liverpool. It's too much time and it breaks momentum... For me this benefits a team like Real Madrid's and it would've been better to play the game as quickly as possible. I hope I'm wrong, but for me that will be the telling factor excepting anything extraordinary that games can throw at you like early bookings, early goals etc...

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

In my personal opinion all this time without top competitive football is hurting Liverpool. It's too much time and it breaks momentum... For me this benefits a team like Real Madrid's and it would've been better to play the game as quickly as possible. I hope I'm wrong, but for me that will be the telling factor excepting anything extraordinary that games can throw at you like early bookings, early goals etc...

A week break may have been slightly more ideal but I don't think the extra 6 days rest will do us any harm. The way we play, the intensity, this side will benefit from a decent break.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

A week break may have been slightly more ideal but I don't think the extra 6 days rest will do us any harm. The way we play, the intensity, this side will benefit from a decent break.

I think that myth has long been dispelled mate. It’s the end of the season and the momentum is worth more than an extra 6 days rest. They don’t need an extran6 days rest!

• The title was changed to FINAL - Saturday 26th May - Liverpool 1-3 Real Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived