talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Very Early) Premier League 18/19 Predictions

Can't be arsed doing 1-20 but I'll offer some early almost totally un-thought-out shouts on key positions for the patter of either lucking-in on a correct prediction, or being totally shown-up.

Top 6: City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Spurs (descending order).

7th: Everton.

Relegated: Watford, Huddersfield, Bournemouth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Liverpool

Going out on a realistic limb here but I think Liverpool have a serious chance of doing something great this season, from what I can see they still have the hunger and desire to follow on from last season and have the will to want to make something happen.. Maybe a cup might need to be sacrificed in order to achieve it but for the greater good and all... 

2. Man City

Still hard to look past City, they are the pace setters and I fully expect the tussle for top spot to be between both them and Liverpool being tight this season, It's always hardest to get back to back titles and think that last seasons bar was so high for them that a repeat of it may be asking a little much so expect a little drop off from them..

3. Arsenal
3. Tottenham

3rd/4th spot will be between Arsenal and Tottenham for me, bit hard to separate them but think they will both be pushing for 3rd, Tottenham like Liverpool still have the desire and Arsenal under their new boss may improve a lot on last season, Arsenal still looking a little weak at the back at times and might prove to be their undoing across the course of the season 

5. Man United

All is not well at United, You get the feeling that Mourinho is already stoking the fires in preparation for a rather uninspiring season.. Everything is screaming mediocre performances ahead.. I am not sure how much longer the fans can trust the process but don't see United taking the league by storm anytime soon.. 

6. Chelsea

Seen enough of us this pre-season to know we are probably going to have a complete repeat of last season.. With only 1 serious transfer in and a shit lot of late arrivals and speculation over some players has kind of left a bit of a bad taste in the mouth.. Throw Sarri in the mix who has come in very late and we have the potential for a very hit and miss season... If, and I use the word carefully, Sarri is able to instill his football style into the side quickly we may see us pushing for 5th but I really don't see us being any better than that currently.. 

I could not possibly guess who will come where from there down, Not seen enough of anyone in pre-season to even have a decent punt.. Toons though look like they will be somewhere near the relegation zones again this season judging by what what I am reading... 

Going to plump for Brighton/Southampton/Newcastle & Huddersfield to be hovering in the danger zone.. 

7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. West Ham
10. Bournemouth
11. Crystal Palace
12. Burnley
13. Newcastle
14. Wolves
15. Brighton
16. Fulham
17. Watford
18. Southampton
19. Huddersfield
20. Cardiff

56 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

After last season i would be disappointed with anything under 114pts :hh:

I don't think you'll get more than a hundred this season. I think you'll win it but i think pep will prioritise the champions league 

• Subscriber

1st Man City

2nd Liverpool

3rd Tottenham

4th Chelsea

5th Arsenal

6th Manchester United

7th Everton

The rest I have no fucking clue but Leicester, Burnley and West Ham should be nowhere near the bottom three.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

1st Man City

2nd Liverpool

3rd Tottenham

4th Chelsea

5th Arsenal

6th Manchester United

7th Everton

The rest I have no fucking clue but Leicester, Burnley and West Ham should be nowhere near the bottom three.

I don't think Bournemouth & Palace should be either.

1. Liverpool/City

2. City/Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Manchester United 

6. Spurs

7. Everton 

18. Cardiff

19. Huddersfield 

20. Brighton 

FA Cup - Chelsea

League Cup - Liverpool 

Who will go furthest in Europe - City 

Think the title will be between City and Liverpool, given their quality and the understanding of their manager. 

Think we will start off slow but finish in the top 4. Us not being in the CL will play a huge role. 

Like us, Arsenal will benefit by not being in the CL and will have their focus in the league. 

United will have their inevitable Mourinho 3rd season meltdown. And it already looks like it's starting. 

Think Spurs will struggle balancing Europe and the league with the lack of reinforcements they brought in so far. Especially if Toby leaves. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

1. Liverpool/City

2. City/Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Manchester United 

6. Spurs

7. Everton 

18. Cardiff

19. Huddersfield 

20. Brighton 

FA Cup - Chelsea

League Cup - Liverpool 

Who will go furthest in Europe - City 

Think the title will be between City and Liverpool, given their quality and the understanding of their manager. 

Think we will start off slow but finish in the top 4. Us not being in the CL will play a huge role. 

Like us, Arsenal will benefit by not being in the CL and will have their focus in the league. 

United will have their inevitable Mourinho 3rd season meltdown. And it already looks like it's starting. 

Think Spurs will struggle balancing Europe and the league with the lack of reinforcements they brought in so far. Especially if Toby leaves. 

😂

Every year. How are we any worse than last season? When we balanced Europe and the League fine whilst playing 38 games away from home. What have Arsenal done to make them better than us? 

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

😂

Every year. How are we any worse than last season? When we balanced Europe and the League fine whilst playing 38 games away from home. What have Arsenal done to make them better than us? 

City strengthened. 

Liverpool strengthened. 

We strengthened. 

You lot haven't'? :what:. Especially if Toby leaves 

Arsenal got rid of Wenger and will most likely focus on the league. Us as well. 

Just now, Cicero said:

City strengthened. 

Liverpool strengthened. 

We strengthened. 

You lot haven't'? :what:. Especially if Toby leaves 

Arsenal got rid of Wenger and will most likely focus on the league. 

Yeah - City and Liverpool fine.

Can't say you've done enough yet to be concerned considering how much worse you were than us last year. Same with Arsenal - their signings wouldn't get in our team. 

Toby didn't play last season - it was Sanchez and Jan, as it will be this year, no different. 

The struggle to balance league and Europe is nonsense considering how effectively we were able to do it again last year. I would be absolutely shocked if we were 6th, reinforcements or not. 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Can't say you've done enough yet to be concerned considering how much worse you were than us last year. Same with Arsenal - their signings wouldn't get in our team. 

Toby didn't play last season - it was Sanchez and Jan, as it will be this year, no different. 

The struggle to balance league and Europe is nonsense considering how effectively we were able to do it again last year. I would be absolutely shocked if we were 6th, reinforcements or not. 

We were 2nd in January before Conte decided to throw his little tantrum. My evaluation on us and Arsenal are strictly down to the fact we aren't in the CL. No doubt both of us will focus on getting in the Top 4 and send squad players for Europa. Do I think your current team can balance the league and champions league whilst finishing above both us and Arsenal? No I don't. I could easily be wrong as football works that way, however I think the lack of activity Spurs have had this summer doesn't convince me they'll improve on last. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

We were 2nd in January before Conte decided to throw his little tantrum. My evaluation on us and Arsenal are strictly down to the fact we aren't in the CL. No doubt both of us will focus on getting in the Top 4 and send squad players for Europa. Do I think your current team can balance the league and champions league whilst finishing above both us and Arsenal? No I don't. I could easily be wrong as football works that way, however I think the lack of activity Spurs have had this summer doesn't convince me they'll improve on last. 

Arsenal weren't in it last year either...

The last three years we've finished 3rd, 2nd, 3rd with the same squad of players - they are all getting better and entering their prime. To think they're suddenly going to fall away and finish 6th is bizarre - as is your reasoning about balance between the league and Europe considering we've been doing that every season. I would like more transfer activity, but doesn't mean I'm that concerned about our team - it's still very very good 

12 minutes ago, Storts said:

It's just a prediction. You can argue it or just wait and see. 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Arsenal weren't in it last year either...

The last three years we've finished 3rd, 2nd, 3rd with the same squad of players - they are all getting better and entering their prime. To think they're suddenly going to fall away and finish 6th is bizarre - as is your reasoning about balance between the league and Europe considering we've been doing that every season. I would like more transfer activity, but doesn't mean I'm that concerned about our team - it's still very very good 

How is it bizarre to think that two teams who don't have to worry about the Champions League will finish higher than one that does? We won the league the last time we didn't have to worry about the CL, and Arsenal don't have Wenger to hold them back anymore. I could very well be wrong on both, but we'll see.  xD It's just a prediction mate. 

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's just a prediction. You can argue it or just wait and see. 

I've chosen to argue it thanks. Perhaps we could all just not post until May and wait and see what happens 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How is it bizarre to think that two teams who don't have to worry about the Champions League will finish higher than one that does? We won the league the last time we didn't have to worry about the CL, and Arsenal don't have Wenger to hold them back anymore. I could very well be wrong on both, but we'll see.  xD It's just a prediction mate. 

The same prediction we get every year - I'm just calling it out as I think it's nonsense to think we were suddenly drop from 2nd/3rd to 6th, despite none of our first team leaving and them all just getting a years more experience. But yes we shall see

Just now, Storts said:

The same prediction we get every year - I'm just calling it out as I think it's nonsense to think we were suddenly drop from 2nd/3rd to 6th, despite none of our first team leaving and them all just getting a years more experience. But yes we shall see

I had you top 4 last year. I think I even had you second. 

Just now, Cicero said:

I had you top 4 last year. I think I even had you second. 

I didn't mean you personally - just generally. I call it out every year too, so far successfully. Sooner or later it will backfire though 😂

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

I've chosen to argue it thanks. Perhaps we could all just not post until May and wait and see what happens 

Fair enough. But arsenal are fresh and have a new manager. Wouldn't be massively surprised if we finished above you

Archived