talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alisson Becker - Roma Goalkeeper Completes Move to Anfield

• Subscriber

£66m for the only goalkeeper in the world who could have conceded more goals than Karius in that CL semi final a few months back? xD:ph34r:

On a serious note, can't wait to see how many Liverpool fans react like this:

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

xD

When the inevitable Allisson Pickford comparisons are made after the only times most of them will have seen him play are those semi final games against Liverpool where he conceded 8/9 goals(?) in 120 minutes and his unremarkable World Cup performances. 

Not saying I've seen much more of him like so to be fair it'll be good to learn a thing or two from all these overnight Serie A experts commenting on Everton transfer rumours on Twitter and maybe here over the next few days :whistling:.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

£66m for the only goalkeeper in the world who could have conceded more goals than Karius in that CL semi final a few months back? xD:ph34r:

When the inevitable Allisson Pickford comparisons are made after the only times most of them will have seen him play are those semi final games against Liverpool where he conceded 8/9 goals(?) in 120 minutes and his unremarkable World Cup performances. 

Not saying I've seen much more of him like so to be fair it'll be good to learn a thing or two from all these overnight Serie A experts commenting on Everton transfer rumours on Twitter and maybe here over the next few days :whistling:.

Salty. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Salty. 

Which part?

Just getting stuck in mate, had four weeks off all this and school holidays are about to start so need to get myself into good form for the start of the season.

42 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I watch Serie A and the 2 players I wanted us to sign the most this season were: Allison (yay) and Jorginho (damn you Chelsea).

I also think that Liverpool fans should expect some nervy moments where he tries some ballsy shit playing the ball out with his feet, that may give heart attacks. But I'm not worried (well I'm worried about fans having heart attacks), because I've seen him play at his best and at his best he's excellent. Great saves + great distribution & he fucks with forwards from time to time.

But yeah, I'm well happy with us signing a player I wanted us to sign.

Good signing and one they sorely needed for a few years now. The jigsaw is nearly complete.

Obviously there is no way he's twice as good as Ederson with that fee, but you have to pay what they are worth to you these days. Liverpool were desperate for him.

Those extra 8-10pts that keepers can earn you during the season could be crucial.

24 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Be funny if he starts chucking them in for fun. I do wonder what Liverpool's goalkeeping setup is like there, they seem to make goalkeepers considerably worse.

I'm not sure there's any proof of that to be honest. Reina had a mixed last season with us before he went on loan to Napoli but he was very good second half of that season from what I remember. Since then we've signed two keepers in Mignolet and Karius who belong in the bottom half of the league. Replacing Reina with Mignolet is still one of the most stupid decisions I've ever seen us make

Jurgen Klopp says Jan Oblak's release clause of €100m (£89m) indicates the £67m Liverpool spent on Alisson is not "crazy money".

Liverpool's summer spend went past £170m in making Alisson the world's most expensive goalkeeper, with the Brazil No 1 joining from Roma on a long-term deal.

Klopp has defended the amount paid for Alisson, citing Oblak's release clause at Atletico Madrid as a reason why the market for goalkeepers is different.

"Everybody thinks it's a lot of money. It is a lot of money, but he could've left for crazy money," the Liverpool boss told ESPN FC.

"The clause for Oblak, for example, is €100m, so nice! The goalkeeper market is different because it's not each year that there is anybody available.

"We didn't know exactly if Alisson is available or not, but from a specific moment we realised obviously he is available and that's the moment when we decided we want to go for him."

5 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Not sure you can use Oblak's buyout clause to justify the Alisson fee because buyout clauses are supposed to be crazy money, but if Alisson does the business for us, I don't give a single shit what we paid.

Buyout clauses in La Liga also mean paying the whole amount up front in full. Alison’s fee will be paid in installments. Either way it’s big money, but it’s an area we need quality brought in and going after our top targets is what any club wants to do.

• 10 months later...
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

That's a great idea for a new 'pinned' thread xD

@Stan should create it!

There was one created by Cannabis if I remember correctly in General Football. I couldn't see it on the first page so didn't bother looking anymore haha

• The title was changed to Alisson Becker - Roma Goalkeeper Completes Move to Anfield

Archived