talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group A Matchday 1 - 14/15 June

football forum

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second game will be the better contest but i dont think either game will be remembered in the long run.

Saudi Arabia have literally no quality and Russia haven't won a game in God knows how long. You can imagine Russia will get a goal at some point but I can't see it being a great spectacle.

Then in the late kick off Uruguays quality in defence should be able to contain Salah if he's up top by himself, and your fancy Suarez and/or Cavani to score a goal or two at some point.

I'll be watching. It's not a great opener but at least it opens up the hype. I'm going for a shock Saudi Arabia win.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I got Saudi Arabia in the draw at work. Fucking fuming.

I got them in this stupid pick em think Cannabis ran. I got my wife and child out of there and immigrated to France. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Great. Thought punditry teams couldn’t get much worse. Then Eni Aluko turns up on the opening game ffs. 

Racist and sexist in one post.

Disgusting.

4 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I don't get, you guys rather watch a one sided Brazil vs Croatia rather than Russia vs Saudis where an upset might happen.

I dont know. I mean, why would I rather watch some of the best players in the world player against eachother over a game between two sides of very little footballing quality. Can't quite work it out.

2 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

I dont know. I mean, why would I rather watch some of the best players in the world player against eachother over a game between two sides of very little footballing quality. Can't quite work it out.

Have you ever seen a one sided game before? Boring as owt. I prefer a contest. It's not always about quality.

Are we just labelling Croatia as a team to roll over to Brazil then? They have players like Lovren, Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic, Perisic, Madzukic....not to mention talented others, hardly a pack of knobhead with no chance.

7 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Are we just labelling Croatia as a team to roll over to Brazil then? They have players like Lovren, Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic, Perisic, Madzukic....not to mention talented others, hardly a pack of knobhead with no chance.

Yes, Croatia are fucking wank.

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Worse than Russia & Saudi Arabia? 

No? Good. Then we can expect them to be more entertaining. 

Peru has faced 5 teams this year and Croatia alongside Saudi Arabia were the 2 easiest wins.

They have good players, I get it. I also get that they finished behind Iceland in qualifying, underachieved in the Euros and went out in the group stages of the last World Cup against one of the worst Mexico teams in my lifetime. If Brazil somehow face Croatia in the World Cup I can't see anything other than an one sided affair. Russia vs Saudi is a lower quality match but a better "contest".

I wasn't saying that Croatia have a better chance of beating Brazil than the two teams today have of beating eachother. The question was "why would you want to watch Brazil V Croatia over this?" Well, the answer is because Brazil & Croatia will have much more quality and more chance of entertaining purely from individual skill also. Russia v Saudi Arabia may be a closer game but it's not going to set the world alight. Happily be proven wrong, but I doubt I will be.

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

I wasn't saying that Croatia have a better chance of beating Brazil than the two teams today have of beating eachother. The question was "why would you want to watch Brazil V Croatia over this?" Well, the answer is because Brazil & Croatia will have much more quality and more chance of entertaining purely from individual skill also. Russia v Saudi Arabia may be a closer game but it's not going to set the world alight. Happily be proven wrong, but I doubt I will be.

This is coming from someone who enjoys the third and second tier in Peru than most European leagues to be fair. I don't mind quality, but I'm saying Brazil are far above Croatia. I think a better example would be Portugal vs Spain, in your own point. 

I'm not the most excited over this opener, but I'm at the very least intrigued. I don't know what to expect from these 2 for the most part, where as I know what Brazil and Croatia are all about. Better quality games are better, but not if they are on sided.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived