talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group A Matchday 1 - 14/15 June

football forum

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its clear that the Saudi's are the weakest team in this group, but I want to also point fingers at Pizzi. The gameplan isn't working and he's just letting things play out. Losing the ball in lateral positions, they continue to play it out the back even though they don't have the brains to do it, and the fullbacks are pushing too high up with little cover. He is just like his work partner Chemo del Solar. He's a shit manager. No wonder he got sacked from Chile and Colon.

8 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

This is a more entertaining match than I had envisioned. Didn´t expect Russia to play this well.

San Marino would look good against this amateur rubbish. They should reduce the World Cup to 16 teams.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I disagree completely other than them being inferior. They aren't better than the Russians as its being shown, but its not talent and speed thats letting them down. If anything the Saudi's are very quick, the issue is the lack of work rate and football brains. That defender fell asleep and they are not seeing that its not a good idea to play it out or really driving forward a lot.

The defenders have no talent. Offensively they look decent. 

You say they look decent (whatever level of decency we're referring to here) offensively, but so what? It's way inferior to what the Russians can do. Not really disagreeing here.

They play against farmers in the Saudi league, of course they are not on the same level as the Russians. Physically and tactically, they are inferior. Thrash compared to the standards we are used to in Europe. Lack of work rate? I don't see that to be honest. They're just at a poor level all around.

As much as you'd like the level to be similar in order for this to be a good game, it's really not.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Its clear that the Saudi's are the weakest team in this group, but I want to also point fingers at Pizzi. The gameplan isn't working and he's just letting things play out. Losing the ball in lateral positions, they continue to play it out the back even though they don't have the brains to do it, and the fullbacks are pushing too high up with little cover. He is just like his work partner Chemo del Solar. He's a shit manager. No wonder he got sacked from Chile and Colon.

I hear you. If only they let you have the job, your large experience in the field could help this group of extremely talented Saudi players get something out of this game. To hell with that Pizzi bloke holding them back.

:ph34r:

saudi will celebrate Eid tomorrow .............. mixed feelings for them i'm sure.    End of Ramadan, time to celebrate, but this defeat ( they can't come back after this, even if there's still the 2nd half to be played ) would sting in their hearts.

i'll go visit my friends later ............. to mock or not to mock, that is the question muwahahahhahahah

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

NO WE NEED MORE TEAMS 

Yeah... We all need a dose of the Solomon Islands versus Saudi Arabia so we can all staple ourselves to a tree somewhere in the Sahara Desert during midsummer.  xD

1 minute ago, bozziovai said:

saudi will celebrate Eid tomorrow .............. mixed feelings for them i'm sure.    End of Ramadan, time to celebrate, but this defeat ( they can't come back after this, even if there's still the 2nd half to be played ) would sting in their hearts.

i'll go visit my friends later ............. to mock or not to mock, that is the question muwahahahhahahah

They can just celebrate being shit.  Shit is also something...

Just now, Machado said:

You say they look decent (whatever level of decency we're referring to here) offensively, but so what? It's way inferior to what the Russians can do. Not really disagreeing here.

They play against farmers in the Saudi league, of course they are not on the same level as the Russians. Physically and tactically, they are inferior. Thrash compared to the standards we are used to in Europe. Lack of work rate? I don't see that to be honest. They're just at a poor level all around.

As much as you'd like the level to be similar in order for this to be a good game, it's really not.

They are inferior to the Russians, but going forward they are passing the ball around nicely. Problem is there is no quality below the forward line, and Pizzi is trying to wrongly play it out the back when he can't.

They have a lack of work rate. I'm not saying they are a good squad, I am saying they should be running more. It doesn't take talent in order to run a good distance on the pitch. That takes spirit.

2 minutes ago, Machado said:

I hear you. If only they let you have the job, your large experience in the field could help this group of extremely talented Saudi players get something out of this game.

:ph34r:

Honestly, what is the point of this post?

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

I am saying they should be running more.

Like Forrest Gump?

You can run all you like... When you have such a lack of quality and football really just isn't something that runs through your veins, then running a lot won't bring you much apart from getting knackered. 

Russia are crap, the worst Russia of my lifetime, but this Saudi Arabia are a joke and a discredit to the World Cup.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Like Forrest Gump?

You can run all you like... When you have such a lack of quality and football really just isn't something that runs through your veins, then running a lot won't bring you much apart from getting knackered. 

Prussia are crap, the worst Russia of my lifetime, but this Suadi Arabia are a joke and a discredit to the World Cup.

I'm talking about situations like that second goal, where that Saudi defender just gifted the ball to Golovin, someone who actually believed he can win it in that position.

Ultimately there is little quality, but from a tactical standpoint its been disgusting. These Arab owners are paying Pizzi his whole life basically for him to produce this disasterclass. You don't need to have quality to produce a good tactical game, Pizzi hasn't read into each players high and low points.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Like Forrest Gump?

Prussia are crap, the worst Russia of my lifetime, but this Suadi Arabia are a joke and a discredit to the World Cup.

Two questions for those who know asian football:

How Saudi Arabia always qualify for the World Cup? 

How the heck two countries with more than 1 billion inhabitants can never qualify for the World Cup?

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

They have a lack of work rate. I'm not saying they are a good squad, I am saying they should be running more. It doesn't take talent in order to run a good distance on the pitch. That takes spirit.

I don't see that in this game to be honest but even if they're not running enough, it's pure fitness. Do you really think the Saudi's physical preparation for this is as good as the Russians'? Look at the pace of the league they play in. They're probably running more distance than they did any game this season.

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Two questions for those who know asian football:

How Saudi Arabia always qualify for the World Cup? 

How the heck two countries with more than 1 billion inhabitants can never qualify for the World Cup?

This always interests me. How isn't India and China better as the sport? 

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It'll be interesting to see which players Premier League clubs blow their money on after a few good World Cup games. Cheryshev is an early prime candidate.

The thing is we don't play against Saudi Arabians in the Premier League.  I think anyone incharge of signing players in the big leagues will have given this game a miss and will be on the beach reading the Beano.

Just now, Machado said:

I don't see that in this game to be honest but even if they're not running enough, it's pure fitness. Do you really think the Saudi's physical preparation for this is as good as the Russians'? Look at the pace of the league they play in. They're probably running more distance than they did any game this season.

I agree you need stamina to run a lot, but in a professional league I'm not convinced the training is that bad. Especially with all the money that goes into their football and league. 

For that second goal, you don't need to be a good or a fast player to get to what Golovin got. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived