talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group A Matchday 1 - 14/15 June

football forum

Just now, Blue said:

Saying they would have lost 2-0 or 3-0 is hardly controversial.

And to answer your question, I'm telling you what I saw. A side devoid of quality being outdone even more by incompetent tactics. Again, hardly controversial.

I don't agree.... Without resorting to "parking the bus" there's no way in hell any of what occurred wouldn't have occurred. But have it your way, it's not that important.  What's for sure is that nobody attempted to ridicule you.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't agree.... Without resorting to "parking the bus" there's no way in hell any of what occurred wouldn't have occurred. But have it your way, it's not that important.  What's for sure is that nobody attempted to ridicule you.

Agree to disagree then. I'm cool with that :) 

Surprised Saudi Arabia had 60% of ball possession.

One interesting point I´ve heard is that Saudi Arabia and Russia having so much petro money hurts their football development, because most of the players never leave their countries.

Dfq0ga0X4AAzyh1.jpg:large

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

One interesting point, I´ve heard is that Saudi Arabia and Russia having so much petro money hurts their football development, because most of the players never leave their countries.

German commentator said pretty much the same about Russian youngsters being happy to stay in their country as they are paid well in the Russian Premier League, and thus missing the opportunity to improve and develop at a higher level...

being here in saudi i've witnessed something weird upon this loss hahaha.     one friend of mine went on an eating spree to release his anger.    another munched on some chocolates like there's no tomorrow while another punched on the walls crying coz he can't accept a 5-0 defeat.  1-0 or 2-0 is tolerable, but 5, he went bananas hahhahahahah

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Fucking hell, imagine what Suarez and Salah are going to do to Saudi Arabia

nah, their manager already read this thread, and is going to play to their strengths from now on. Thanks to Blue :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Blue said:

And?

It's a bit silly, because the only way I'd imagine tipping a Saudi Arabia win over Russia would be in a contest to see which was the biggest human rights abuser. And even then it's not a certainty, even though they'd be favourites.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's a bit silly, because the only way I'd imagine tipping a Saudi Arabia win over Russia would be in a contest to see which was the biggest human rights abuser. And even then it's not a certainty, even though they'd be favourites.

Its silly - and I was wrong, but I still don't get why he brings it up. No point.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Blue said:

You'll be surprised. This Panama side are embarrassingly bad.

I cannot believe they'll be as bad as that.

Saudi Arabia were unbelievably naive and if they don't wise up by Tuesday they're going to get an absolute panning from Uruguay, possibly even bigger than that earlier.

I don't really see why Brian got much stick in this thread to be honest. I can't disagree with the majority of what he said. It was tactical suicide trying to play like that. Can you imagine if they do it against Suarez and Cavani?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

One interesting point I´ve heard is that Saudi Arabia and Russia having so much petro money hurts their football development, because most of the players never leave their countries.

That kind of backs up the point about poor tactics. Russia let them have the ball because they knew they'd fuck up and gift it to Russia in a good position.

Russia were probably going to win either way in hindsight, they're clearly better, but Saudi Arabia's tactics WERE abysmal today. Horrendously disorganised.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't really see why Brian got much stick in this thread to be honest. I can't disagree with the majority of what he said. It was tactical suicide trying to play like that. Can you imagine if they do it against Suarez and Cavani?

Doesn't make any sense, then you get the likes of Smiley Culture say it and no one bats an eye. It was hardly a controversial opinion.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I cannot believe they'll be as bad as that.

Saudi Arabia were unbelievably naive and if they don't wise up by Tuesday they're going to get an absolute panning from Uruguay, possibly even bigger than that earlier.

I'm not his biggest fan, but it was Bullshit the stick Brian got. I said the same thing and got 4 positive reactions to that post. Bit shitty imo.

Also, I was wrong...that was quite an entertaining game with a couple of cracking goals. Hopefully the game tomorrow is even better, it's set up to be. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

I'm not his biggest fan, but it was Bullshit the stick Brian got. I said the same thing and got 4 positive reactions to that post. Bit shitty imo.

Also, I was wrong...that was quite an entertaining game with a couple of cracking goals. Hopefully the game tomorrow is even better, it's set up to be. 

Yeah definitely this time. I read these arguments and think he's often digging a hole for himself but I didn't see him do much wrong at all here. It was a totally valid, and for me correct opinion.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived