talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group A Matchday 1 - 14/15 June

football forum

14 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

I'm not his biggest fan, but it was Bullshit the stick Brian got. I said the same thing and got 4 positive reactions to that post. Bit shitty imo.

Also, I was wrong...that was quite an entertaining game with a couple of cracking goals. Hopefully the game tomorrow is even better, it's set up to be. 

And I'll happily admit I was wrong too, I said this wouldn't be one sided. I am happy to admit I made a proper fool of myself by my comments pre-game. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

To be fair Brian, Russia were in pretty awful form and Saudi Arabia had just given Germany a decent game. While it looks stupid in hindsight I don't think anyone really had 5-0 on the cards. Saudi Arabia displayed some serious naivety today, but it happens, it's the World Cup and part of the beauty of it is how hard to call it is. You really don't know who is going to turn up or not.

And in fairness, Russia scored some quality goals as well. There was quality in every goal they scored, as well as some pretty wank defending in some admittedly (the 2nd, my word, embarrassing defending)

I thought people knew to read little into friendlies, even at International level? 

As bad as Saudi Arabia were, they qualified and deserved to be in Moscow yesterday. Just think in World Cup’s to come (is it the next one or the one after?) we’re going up from 32 teams to 48 teams and that is surely going to effect the quality on show.

Obviously you’ll get a few Nations who’ll make it, who would be deemed unlucky not to make it under this current qualification format but I fear you’ll get some real dross make their way to the World Cup in future with the added teams. 

Intrigued by this Uruguay side. That´s the best midfield they´ve had during the Suárez-Cavani era. 

De Arrascaeta is a class player, creative attacking midfielder who can also score some goals. According to rumors, he´s going to Monaco after the World Cup.

Egypt have a similar situation to us, where they have been talking about returning to the World Cup for the longest time, so I like them but as always I'm with my South American brothers here. Come on Uruguay!

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Intrigued by this Uruguay side. That´s the best midfield they´ve had during the Suárez-Cavani era. 

De Arrascaeta is a class player, creative attacking midfielder who can also score some goals. According to rumors, he´s going to Monaco after the World Cup.

Vecino is quality too. Enjoyed watching for Inter this season.

7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I've rated De Arrascaeta since the 2013 U20 World Cup, I'm surprised its taking him so long to take off to Europe. This surely is his best chance to get a move now?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Vecino is quality too. Enjoyed watching for Inter this season.

Yes. Crazy how a 3-million people nation has so much talent. They´re probably better than México, a much bigger country that is also crazy about football.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've rated De Arrascaeta since the 2013 U20 World Cup, I'm surprised its taking him so long to take off to Europe. This surely is his best chance to get a move now?

Can´t see how Cruzeiro can keep him after the World Cup. 

Lima has 3 times the population of Uruguay, yet this is our first World Cup in almost 40 years. They know how football is done.

Yup, its been just as I feared. Uruguay deploying their awful long ball tactics that they used in the qualifiers. I get its the Uruguayan way historically, but come on.

Just now, Stan said:

Hahahah it's a Raheem Sterling vs Italy moment.

Side netting.

I genuinely thought that went in xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived