talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 1 - 17/18th June - Germany 0-1 Mexico, Sweden 1-0 South Korea

football forums

1 hour ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Just googled that and this said on the first site on results, doesn't seem true

If it was on Wikipedia then I don't believe it... They have probably all been on there en masse falsifying the numbers so it looks better on their dating profiles... 

Big Moustache, Large Sombrero collection, Must be prepared to accompany me to Guitar practice on Thursday's, 5.11 big brown eyes... 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

If it was on Wikipedia then I don't believe it... They have probably all been on there en masse falsifying the numbers so it looks better on their dating profiles... 

Big Moustache, Large Sombrero collection, Must be prepared to accompany me to Guitar practice on Thursday's, 5.11 big brown eyes... 

https://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/02/92/14/30/ciesstudy_neutral.pdf

this is from a report done in Dec 2017 but can't imagine it differs too much.

Probably looking at just under 6ft

x42zWcuWFW7E5Tv8ml1KRQr9HQg5iNPUkXcoZay5

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Most mexicans, in some way or another, descend from amerindians, and amerindians in general are short. 

Chile, a country with a similar ethnic composition (different tribes, though,chileans are mapuches) also really struggles to find good defenders and goalkeepers, because of the short average height of the population.

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Most mexicans, in some way or another, descend from amerindians, and amerindians in general are short. 

Chile, a country with a similar ethnic composition (different tribes, though,chileans are mapuches) also really struggles to find good defenders and goalkeepers, because of the short average height of the population.

Márquez must descend from something different then. He’s not short!

I hate Mexico fans - but that's just the sort of reaction you need to give from all the criticism. Well deserved victory and im happy for them.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Does Trump wants a wall, but Mexico already has one in Ochoa.

What are you on about? He did fuck all xD

Germany hardly threatened him today. If anything the defenders deserve credit. Before this game, they were inept. Here they were spot on.

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I heard from some Bayern fans he lost a bit of pace. Do you think this is a fair assessment? I still think he can be very effective even if a bit slower, but he needs a partner that can compensate for it, and it can´t be Hummels, in my opinion. I am curious about your thoughts, @Viva la FCB

I haven't noticed a drop in pace to be honest but he also hasn't had a good stretch of healthy starts, just when you see a performance where he looks to be getting back to his best he pulls another muscle. He's been oft injuried and out of form for the better part of two years.

Sule largely outplayed him pairing with Hummels alot of the past season which is a bit strange as Sule isn't the quickest CB so it gives me some hope they'll be fine even if Boa loses a step. Unfortunately I don't think he's ever going to get back to his best though.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

What are you on about? He did fuck all xD

Germany hardly threatened him today. If anything the defenders deserve credit. Before this game, they were inept. Here they were spot on.

err made several saves from Kroos shots and other players' shots. Saved Ozil's (?) free-kick by tipping it on to the bar.

Yeah some were simple saves but he still had to save them!

Defenders deserve credit but you can't praise them and not give any credit to Ochoa. 

Archived