talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 1 - 17/18th June - Germany 0-1 Mexico, Sweden 1-0 South Korea

football forums

5 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Was already tired of winning

haha I know you Germans are never tired of winning and you hate it when somebody beats you. IF you qualify, I would like you to play against Brazil or Argentina and get beaten like you deserve. Both South American teams are eager to retaliate...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

haha I know you Germans are never tired of winning and you hate it when somebody beats you. IF you qualify, I would like you to play against Brazil or Argentina and get beaten like you deserve. Both South American teams are eager to retaliate...

Joke is on you my friend. We're gonna exit after the group stage. Good luck with your retaliation fantasies, honey! :bye:BYE BYE!

#4Dchess

• The title was changed to Group F Matchday 1 - 17/18th June - Germany 0-1 Mexico, Sweden vs South Korea
Just now, Panna King said:

Oezil  😉any he  is crap, has he signed something with Fifa that he has to start every game for club and country but cannot get taken off.  

What do you mean he signed something with FIFA? O.o

Haha i mean has he got an agreement in football as he is crap but always plays no matter what form he is in. He did nothing today for Germany.

Oh right! xD

Yeah, he wasn't very good but there were worse players than him out there today for Germany in the shape of Kimmich and Muller for me.  That kind of saved the focus being on him but he was indeed his usual self.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Oh right! xD

Yeah, he wasn't very good but there were worse players than him out there today for Germany in the shape of Kimmich and Muller for me.  That kind of saved the focus being on him but he was indeed his usual self.

No pace also in the German side on the wings until Reus came on.  

No pace also in the German side on the wings until Reus came on.  

Yeah, I observed as well as everyone that Reus changed things but in my view not a lot can be taken from that because when he came in the Mexicans were extremely tired.  They were absolutely exhausted.

Hummels. What a plonker. It's a well documented fact I don;t like him, but fuck me he was awful in the first half. Just fucking disgrceful

Ozil. A fucking passenger.

Kimmich. Only has 2 modes. Stop, and cut back, robbing the team of momentum and stagnating the men in front, or shoot. Maybe you should be shot you spacker.

Low should have brought Gomez on earier. I know he should have burried that header but Werner was useless up front.

Osorio was the reason you guys won xD

I'm with you that he's done an average job with Mexico, but today he nailed his tactics.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I didn't care to make an effort to watch it, I'm not supporting osorio, but you can't blame me for having being happy for the squad !

Italy missed out and Argentina is struggling (fake Messiah is getting fully exposed) what's your third option? England.. Spain? Better make up your mind before the end of the group stage mate😂

Thinking about supporting both United and Real Madrid actually 

Looking at the goal again, what was Ozil actually doing? Does he not realize that just because you are an offensive minded player, that he still needs to mark?

He did enough in tracking back but then after Chucky beats him on the one on one, he stops and basically watches like a bird. Say what you want about Neuer, but Ozil is the biggest culprit in that goal in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Blue said:

Looking at the goal again, what was Ozil actually doing? Does he not realize that just because you are an offensive minded player, that he still needs to mark?

He did enough in tracking back but then after Chucky beats him on the one on one, he stops and basically watches like a bird. Say what you want about Neuer, but Ozil is the biggest culprit in that goal in my opinion. 

That's ridiculous. He could've done what the most of the German team did and not bother to get back. Only criticism of Ozil here is that he's not a right back.... Kimmich is the main one that failed on this goal along with the defence whose job it is to stop what happened. I wouldn't put any blame on Neuer either. It was a mix of Lozano doing well and Germany's defence being all over the place.

• Administrator

Nah not having any criticism of Ozil there. Lozano was on fire. Ozil was the only one who kept up with him. Yeah he got skinned but only stopped cos he didn't wanna risk giving a penalty away. 

They got fucked on the counter but at least Ozil managed to track back. Goes against his 'lazy' tag he's often labelled with. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Well done Mexico, congrats @Teso dos Bichos.

Germany was horrible in the first half, a bit better in the second one but still failed to score and didn't look very convincing either way. The defence was shambles, lucky that Mexico didn't take their chances on a few counter attacks. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call, the team looked like they had underestimated the opposition and were too convinced of their alleged superiority... 

If we exit in the group stages, I'd have nothing against it if that meant the end of Löw, but he would probably stay put anyway, so it's a shite situation either way. 

27 minutes ago, nudge said:

Germany was horrible in the first half, a bit better in the second one but still failed to score

The way I read it is that Germany's better second half was mainly due to Mexico's exhaustion which was evident when you watched players off the ball. Some of them would be bending down to capture air.  The way Mexico played that first half with such high energy levels coupled with the amount of sterile possession Germany had, left them with very little to give in terms of physical prowess as the second half drew on.

For me the worry is there to be honest, more than any other factor.  With a wasted Mexico, Germany were very predictable in how they were going to attack.  But credit has to be given to Osorio (the Mexico coach) due to having played so narrow which forced Germany to attack down the flanks all the time and then any recovery of the ball by Mexico meant that those wide positions would be empty for Germany and the Mexicans could exploit them without much success.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The way I read it is that Germany's better second half was mainly due to Mexico's exhaustion which was evident when you watched players off the ball. Some of them would be bending down to capture air.  The way Mexico played that first half with such high energy levels coupled with the amount of sterile possession Germany had, left them with very little to give in terms of physical prowess as the second half drew on.

For me the worry is there to be honest, more than any other factor.  With a wasted Mexico, Germany were very predictable in how they were going to attack.  But credit has to be given to Osorio (the Mexico coach) due to having played so narrow which forced Germany to attack down the flanks all the time and then any recovery of the ball by Mexico meant that those wide positions would be empty for Germany and the Mexicans could exploit them without much success.

Also poor player selection by Löw; we looked much more dangerous when Reus and later Brandt came on, way too late though. Apparently before the tournament started, Reus was told that he won't be starting the first few matches because Löw "expects the tournament to be very long" and they'll need Reus "in more important matches later". How fucking arrogant is that, just shows what's wrong with the attitude of the team and even more so the attitude of Löw and how he overestimates himself.

Archived