Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  

Lucas Torreira - Transfer from Sampdoria to Arsenal Completed

Lucas Torreira rumoured to be moving to either us or Napoli from Sampdoria. Fee rumoured to be €25m (£21.9m).

From what I've heard of him that would be a very decent signing at that price.

very good signing for them.

Emery clearly realising quickly where the improvements are required. 

Just the rest of the squad to go :ph34r: 

We're paying more than his release clause because we want to pay the fee in instalments. Guessing it works better when it comes to yearly financial statements. It's "Fekir to Liverpool" done at the moment, nearly completed but not an Arsenal player until there's an official announcement. 

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Xhaka II

Xhaka was statistically one of the best central midfielders in the league so great. :coffee:

You're just jealous because you still have to deal with Eric Dier in midfield. :coffee:

Never seen him, but he seems to be very highly rated. For that price it could turn out to be a right steal.

Hope we can get this done, then move on to Gelson Martins who could be available on a free. 

On 6/12/2018 at 16:51, Storts said:

Xhaka II

Really Nicholas:( don't agree with that comment but I know you probably have your reasons and this is far from a yet another troll post that continues to flow this forum.  Teso posts less and less each day for that same reason. @Marc looks like the next member to go down that route. T

• Sad 1

I've never really watched him but based on what everybody says about his creative qualities in the centre he seems exactly like the midfielder Arsenal need to press forward with.

Then again, two summer's ago Arsenal needed a defender with experience and quality along with a midfielder with a lot of bite in midfield. All the experts were saying that those players were Mustafi and Xhaka.

Looks all done, superb business he looked fantastic at the World Cup. I think he could be a real bargain, especially in today's market.

Interesting Ornstein believes that's our business done for the first team, unless we buy a youngster. To be fair I'm quite happy with our overall business, just need to see who goes now.

I can't believe it!

It feels like Christmas at Arsenal this summer... A summer version of A Christmas Carol now that Scrooge is gone.  Very very happy with this signing!

The squad points towards a diamond formation. If not then we probably need a winger.

Quality signing. Should pair up well with Ramsey. 

11 is a weird number for a defensive midfielder. Glad to have gotten this over the line though. That should be our defensive signings done. 

22 minutes ago, 6666 said:

11 is a weird number for a defensive midfielder. Glad to have gotten this over the line though. That should be our defensive signings done. 

would you not make improvements on Bellerin and/or Monreal? Or you reckon they'd do well under Emery?

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

would you not make improvements on Bellerin and/or Monreal? Or you reckon they'd do well under Emery?

It would be almost impossible to improve on Bellerin, the guy is phenomenal. Monreal and Kolasinac will compete for the LB role. Full back is the least of our priorities, especially with Lichsteiner already in.

oh yeah, forgot you got Lichsteiner in

If he's the creative gem he's hyped up to be I look forward to seeing how Emery plans to get the best out of him.

22 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If he's the creative gem he's hyped up to be I look forward to seeing how Emery plans to get the best out of him.

I've only heard you hype him up as that. xD

He's a midfield pitbull.

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

I've only heard you hype him up as that. xD

He's a midfield pitbull.

:dash3:

I'm pretty sure Talksport hyped him up as one.

Do you feel you need a midfield pit bull? Arsenal fans haven't exactly garnered a reputation of understanding the importance of players who cover a lot of distance. Mesut Ozil further up the pitch is a prime example.

8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Do you feel you need a midfield pit bull? Arsenal fans haven't exactly garnered a reputation of understanding the importance of players who cover a lot of distance. Mesut Ozil further up the pitch is a prime example.

Torreira will be better than Xhaka as that defensive part of the midfield. 

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

1. Stop listening to Talk Sport.

2. Mesut Ozil actually covers a lot of ground. Don't let him running in a majestic way fool you.

3. Talk Sport listeners haven't exactly garnered a reputation of knowing how players play. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

1. Stop listening to Talk Sport.

2. Mesut Ozil actually covers a lot of ground. Don't let him running in a majestic way fool you.

3. Talk Sport listeners haven't exactly garnered a reputation of knowing how players play. :ph34r:

I wasn't slagging off Ozil as I recognise what he can bring at times. I was referring to Arsenal fans as a majority that slag him off.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Torreira will be better than Xhaka as that defensive part of the midfield. 

Xhaka was poorly scouted to be fair as that isnt the strongest part od his game. Even Wenger said after six months he couldn't tackle.