talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fathers Day

football forum

• Administrator

My daughter is 5 months old and this is my first Father’s Day. It’s been such a non event my entire life, there was a level of surprise when I realized this calendar event now has meaning for me. But anyhow. What are the other fathers of this site doing this weekend? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Stan said:

In all seriousness mate, enjoy your first Father's Day @Batard. I know how difficult it's been for you in the past so cherish this moment(s)! 

Thanks fella. She’s the apple of my eye. I know every parent gushes vomit inducing prose about their children, but it really does change how you view your own life 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Batard said:

Thanks fella. She’s the apple of my eye. I know every parent gushes vomit inducing prose about their children, but it really does change how you view your own life 

I've noticed that with my brother. He and his missus had a baby girl in April. They post pictures daily sometimes of the little munchkin and I melt each time. But if I see posts on FB of someone else's baby I scroll right past without batting an eyelid xD

• Administrator
Just now, Stan said:

I've noticed that with my brother. He and his missus had a baby girl in April. They post pictures daily sometimes of the little munchkin and I melt each time. But if I see posts on FB of someone else's baby I scroll right past without batting an eyelid xD

You’ve got this all to look forward to in the future mate. You’ll find yourself thinking “I’m sure I’ve already posted enough on social media about my kid ... oh well. Here’s another one”. 

7 hours ago, Batard said:

My daughter is 5 months old and this is my first Father’s Day. It’s been such a non event my entire life, there was a level of surprise when I realized this calendar event now has meaning for me. But anyhow. What are the other fathers of this site doing this weekend? 

Give it a couple of years and the penny will drop that it is your money buying those slippers you don't want.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Give it a couple of years and the penny will drop that it is your money buying those slippers you don't want.

I’ll claw it all back in backdated rent xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Such is life that your celebrating with your girls in the morning and then putting flowers on your dads grave in the afternoon. :(

Mixed feelings indeed. Chin up fella

5 minutes ago, Batard said:

Busy day then! 

Off to set up the room now, drive home, take the dog to neighbours, drive back, sort grave, get christened, party for 100 people, watch Hereditary at 8:40. Blowy scheduled for 11pm. Fun times :twothumbsup:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Off to set up the room now, drive home, take the dog to neighbours, drive back, sort grave, get christened, party for 100 people, watch Hereditary at 8:40. Blowy scheduled for 11pm. Fun times :twothumbsup:

Now that’s what you call a busy day with a happy ending xD

Happy Fathers Day Men!!!! :D

I hear they are thinking of phasing it out... I think they must be worried about the impact it might have on some of these same sex marriage kids that get adopted.. 2 Dads is twice as much cost and could cause stress to the child, 2 Mum's might leave the child worrying why they don't have a Dad and might affect them later in life... It all  just seems so unfair... excuse me while I reach over for a tissue to dry my tear filled eye... 

I am just guessing mind, We all know it's a money making gimmick for those prepared to go a bit silly on it but nice of some campaigners wanting it banned for the above reasons... I can't think of anything more worthwhile than putting all your effort into such a task.. 

Bad news for them though, Unless you are thinking of banning fathers you will never ban Fathers Day.. They have not all been happy ones I will admit but I have been a Father ever since my first child was born and I didn't need a card for the every other day of the year... so Up Yours Mother Fuckers!!! B|

Live long and Prosper Dads.... xD

10 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Sounds like a great day (minus the sort grave part). I saw Hereditary earlier today so let me know what you think of it.

Archived