The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 2 - 23/24 June - Belgium 5-2 Tunisia, England 6-1 Panama

football forum

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Our last minute victory of Tunisia was so overhyped and was a "great performance" but Belgium beating them easy doesn't mean much. xD

understand this however Tunisia were much more attacking/open against Belgium than they were against us. Tunisia clearly felt like they had more opportunities to win; attack more, leave more gaps. And when you lose 2 defenders in the first half through injury that'll affect you in 2nd half with only 1 change possible for fresher legs.

Not to make excuses as we should have been out of sight by half-time against Tunisia but I'd say the circumstances and tactics played in to Belgium's hands today.

Dylan Bronn scored, my boy. I told you all he's a quality player. With the right agent he could end up at a big club, he has a lot about him for a defender. Far from limited.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Dylan Bronn scored, my boy. I told you all he's a quality player. With the right agent he could end up at a big club, he has a lot about him for a defender. Far from limited.

I'm pretty sure you said he's 'one to watch' not necessarily a quality player. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Maybe England werent very good after all...

To be fair if we could finish we'd have done similar, although on the flip side Belgium, Batshuayi in-particular missed some sitters so it could've been a proper massacring.

A good game. Belgium will win this group due to their goal difference. I thought Tunisia were pretty terrible, defensively absolutely horrible.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I'm pretty sure you said he's 'one to watch' not necessarily a quality player. 

He keeps impressing me though, I haven't actually seen him at club level but according to a few Gent fans on Twitter he was their best defender, and I think he's having a good World Cup so far.

I still have my reservations on him defensively, but he's good in the air and has playmaking qualities. For a 22 year old, I've not been impressed with a defenders capabilities so much in a long time. I'd take him to Napoli in a heartbeat.

Hopefully he gets a move. He can be a top central defender.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Really touched my buttons how the journalist on Sky Sports was going mad saying it's the media's job to dig deep into things and create stories.

The newspapers in this country are one of the lowest pits of society and as you say, it's refreshing for Southgate to go out against them so early into his tenure.

"The Panamanian Brian" :ph34r:

The whole thing is one big self-fulfilling prophecy. "It's their job" isn't some trump card. They report on things, fair enough, but they effectively breached Southgate's trust. Good on him for criticising them - again showing that while it remains to be seen how he performs, he's done a lot of things I like and I'm actually more likely to go easier on him.

• Subscriber

Nothing like watching your country at a World Cup. I still remember going to Germany in 2006 with my Dad, we didn’t even get a ticket but it was amazing. 

I need to get to another World Cup in my lifetime.

Even though we’re expected to win and  win well I’m still buzzing for today.

Come on Lads!! 

England: Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire; Trippier, Loftus-Cheek, Henderson, Young; Lingard, Kane, Sterling

Panama: Penedo; Murillo, Román Torres, Escobar, Davis; Gómez; Bárcenas, Cooper, Godoy, Rodríguez; Blas Pérez.

• The title was changed to Group G Matchday 2 - 23/24 June - Belgium 5-2 Tunisia, England 6-1 Panama
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived