Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Strongest Eleven This Season Based On WhoScored Stats

Otamendi, Herrera and Pogba are hilarious picks. I don't think any of the others are too outrageous.

I do find these things interesting but far too many people nowadays base their entire opinion off them. I do check what kind of scores our players get and I often find myself disagreeing with them.

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It's based on specific 'stats'. You can't really argue with it xD

You can argue with the choice of stats.

Surely whoever runs it must look at this and think they need to tweak their model.

No Moses or Alonso... I reckon without those 2 Chelsea's gap would be a lot shorter. Saying that many players could do their role but they've been so good

That's another reason team of the year is flawed. How can you stick to just one formation?

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

It's based on specific 'stats'. You can't really argue with it xD

What are the specific stats though? How many dabs were completed during a match? :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Dan said:

You can argue with the choice of stats.

Surely whoever runs it must look at this and think they need to tweak their model.

17 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What are the specific stats though? How many dabs were completed during a match? :ph34r:

My point being is that their top 11 are those players within that stat window. I fucking hate stats, but you can't go 'lolz no way' if they're actually the players chosen through a specific stat. It's a fact that they're the best players on that stat. But stats are for hipsters. We all know Pogba is shite, Herrera has actually been quietly impressive. It's just fun to jump on the Abu Wagon though.

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

My point being is that their top 11 are those players within that stat window. I fucking hate stats, but you can't go 'lolz no way' if they're actually the players chosen through a specific stat. It's a fact that they're the best players on that stat. But stats are for hipsters. We all know Pogba is shite, Herrera has actually been quietly impressive. It's just fun to jump on the Abu Wagon though.

No I actually rate Herrera. He's one of those players that much of what he does best goes unnoticed. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

No I actually rate Herrera. He's one of those players that much of what he does best goes unnoticed. 

He does love a red card. Pretty noticeable xD

11 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I haven't got a clue where the Abu nonsense comes from to be honest, I just don't buy he's been in the top two.

It's a pointless argument anyway as it's clear their model is flawed.

11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Has a face I personally just want to ram my first in for some reason. 

But none the less, quality player and one United should keep a hold of long term. 

Sanchez

Hazard---Lallana---Mane

Dembele---Kante

Rose---David Luiz--Alderweireld--Walker

Courtois

Think If I had to do one right now it would be this. Hard to leave out Lukaku, Kane, Pedro, Azpilicueta, DeGea and Lloris all out. 

Lloris

Walker --- McAuley ---  David Luiz --- Alonso

Kante

Eriksen --- Mane ---- Hazard 

Kane --- Lukaku

15 hours ago, Dan said:

I haven't got a clue where the Abu nonsense comes from to be honest, I just don't buy he's been in the top two.

It's a pointless argument anyway as it's clear their model is flawed.

Not specifically the topic, just in general. Pogba and Herrera were jumped on when Otamendi is sat there as well. No mention of him though. That's the point. People love to jump on anything negative United related in general.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not specifically the topic, just in general. Pogba and Herrera were jumped on when Otamendi is sat there as well. No mention of him though. That's the point. People love to jump on anything negative United related in general.

Jose? Is that you? 

IMG_1888.JPG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

breakingbiztoys.jpg

Just now, FOYM said:

Well this topic turned 😂

Tends to happen when you present a rationale argument and there's no comeback. Just pictures because you can't actually justify your posts and admit you just like having a pop at a specific team 😂. I've even stated it's ludicrous as Pogba (in my opinion has been wank). Still Otamendi aside, it's a fairly decent team.

What's there to laugh about here? Stats are stats.

The only funny thing would be people giving them more importance than what they deserve.

Nah I'm only pulling ya plonker Linesman! 

I agree, change Otamendi with Cahill and Pogba with Kante and it's not far off.