talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Final - Sunday 15th July - France 4-2 Croatia (France win World Cup 2018)

football forum

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Deschamps did well to recognise Kante wasn't up to scratch today and bring on Nzonzi. Made a big difference in France holding on to their lead. 

• Administrator
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Rabiot should of been on that final list imo. 

Agreed. But no biggie now that they've won the thing without so many other decent talents

Just now, Spike said:

What the hey? He has been crucial for France. Without Giroud M’Brappe has nothing

I'm not sure how? He goes missing constantly, has missed many 'easier' opportunities, this world cup, and the only thing I remember him doing is occasionally drawing defenders away. 

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Rabiot should of been on that final list imo. 

Rabiot is a fucking moron that has attitude issues. If France brought him that means they’ve learned nothing from 2010. He legit refuses to play for PSG outside his favoured position

Just now, Eco said:

I'm not sure how? He goes missing constantly, has missed many 'easier' opportunities, this world cup, and the only thing I remember him doing is occasionally drawing defenders away. 

Without a Giroud, Mbappé plays centrally where he is trash. Target men offer more than goals. France has enough goal potential to sacrifice Giroud’s

Just now, Spike said:

Without a Giroud, Mbappé plays centrally where he is trash. Target men offer more than goals. France has enough goal potential to sacrifice Giroud’s

But France could have other target men do the same. Giroud himself has offered nothing except for a 'fear' of an aerial threat. 

44 minutes ago, Blue said:

Regardless if Croatia had an easy side of the bracket, I don't think they could have won against any traditional football nation here. I think its the mentality overall. This is their first ever final isn't it? Not always an excuse but nerves do kick in as not many expected to see them at this stage.

France on the other hand played a final 2 years ago.

Regardless of decisions gone against them I think France still would have won. Had Croatia led at half time I think France would have ground them down

Just now, Eco said:

Benezema for one if he had made the team. 

Are you serious? For starters his locker room cancer, and for seconds he isn’t a target man. Thirds he is even worse at scoring than Giroud and thinks he is a playmaker as well

Just now, Spike said:

Are you serious? For starters his locker room cancer, and for seconds he isn’t a target man. Thirds he is even worse at scoring than Giroud and thinks he is a playmaker as well

Locker room cancer, maybe. But I would consider him a target man, and about as useful as Giroud in a lot of aspects. 

Archived