talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Final - Sunday 15th July - France 4-2 Croatia (France win World Cup 2018)

football forum

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless if Croatia had an easy side of the bracket, I don't think they could have won against any traditional football nation here. I think its the mentality overall. This is their first ever final isn't it? Not always an excuse but nerves do kick in as not many expected to see them at this stage.

France on the other hand played a final 2 years ago.

This French team is packed full of talent and they have really gelled in this tournament. Pogba has been brilliant tonight again, he needs to leave United, with all due respects to them, for me. 

Mbappe the first teen to score in a World Cup final since Pele. I don't think he's had his best game tonight, but that goal showed his maturity and how deadly the young lad already is. 

As I write this, what a howler from Lloris. It's game on now as Croatia are certainly capable of a come back. 

25 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Croatia could have had a penalty when Lovren was manhandled at the end of the first half.

Let's stop bringing England into this, they were thoroughly outclassed.

Fuck me, people can’t even read the context of the original discussion. The point being, Inverted was saying France should be down to 10 second half. It was a simple analogy. No more, no less and had nothing to do with arguing about the result.

Archived