talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide joins Lyon

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very surprised by this too!

Although I've seen this sort of thing before in various European leagues with even more renowned promising young names.  Everything I'd heard and seen of Reine-Adelaide looked promising.  I suppose we have to either trust the coaching staff's recommendations if those were the reasons behind the move or maybe the player being promised another route to early success.

I remember watching him play in a friendly (I believe that was a friendly) a season or two ago and he was brilliant in that match. Cant say I watched him much after that, but I thought he was technically a very good player. 

So is this a loan or a permanent deal? 

23 hours ago, Asura said:

I remember watching him play in a friendly (I believe that was a friendly) a season or two ago and he was brilliant in that match. Cant say I watched him much after that, but I thought he was technically a very good player. 

So is this a loan or a permanent deal? 

It's permanent mate. I could just about understand him going to a team like Angers on loan.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Adélaïde heavily criticized Rudi Garcia for his lack of playing time and publicly announced he wants to leave Lyon. 

I think he's being way too impatient here. He was a starter before his serious injury and it's totally natural that It takes some time for him to regain his spot as a starter, but I have no doubt he would play a big role at Lyon in a near future if he stayed.

Even before his injury Garcia didn't give him much opportunity to become a starter, and I understand why he's frustrated. I think the last straw for him was when Aouar missed their first match of the season on Friday and instead of bringing JRA in to replace him Garcia went with Toko-Ekambi. I mean, if you're told "be patient, Aouar will be leaving soon, you'll get your chance", and then Aouar misses a match and you still don't get picked, you're gonna be mad.

Archived