talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most successful English clubs of the last ten years

Chelsea: 3 League titles, 4 FA Cups, 1 Champions League.

Man Utd: 4 League titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 Champions League.

Man City: 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup.

Arsenal: 4 FA Cups

S

o

m

e

w

h

e

r

e

o

v

e

r

t

h

e

r

a

i

n

b

o

w

a

n

d

v

e

r

y

l

o

w

d

o

w

n

o

n

t

h

i

s

l

i

s

t

Leicester City: 1 Premier league title.

Oil money for you :shoot:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Image result for jealous gifs

You should have used ever decreasing font sizes for each club... That way you could really have drawn everyone's attention to the most significant contribution to English football throughout the last decade down to the the least significant one... 

The saddest thing of all is the number of supporters of these clubs who didn't let their face know they had won a trophy. 

Arsenal fans in particular were more concerned about what they were having for dinner after the FA Cup final than whether they'd wake up in a hedge the next day. Whilst Chelsea fans were asking whether the flags they were given would fit in the recycling bin.

8 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The saddest thing of all is the number of supporters of these clubs who didn't let their face know they had won a trophy. 

Arsenal fans in particular were more concerned about what they were having for dinner after the FA Cup final than whether they'd wake up in a hedge the next day. Whilst Chelsea fans were asking whether the flags they were given would fit in the recycling bin.

A sign of the times for the "big clubs", all that matters is the league and Europe. Used to be doing the double would be the example of a great domestic team, these days people would probably forget that the FA Cup was even part of the double.

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

xD

On 31/08/2018 at 09:29, Danny said:

A sign of the times for the "big clubs", all that matters is the league and Europe. Used to be doing the double would be the example of a great domestic team, these days people would probably forget that the FA Cup was even part of the double.

Even winning the league isn't celebrated as anything more than a notch on a bedpost at times.

Financial inequality has provided a safety net that allows teams to win without character. When they do finally have something about them it's such a small uptake in results that fans look no more enthusiastic than a team that goes from 13th to 11th.

On 01/09/2018 at 09:52, Harvsky said:

Even winning the league isn't celebrated as anything more than a notch on a bedpost at times.

Financial inequality has provided a safety net that allows teams to win without character. When they do finally have something about them it's such a small uptake in results that fans look no more enthusiastic than a team that goes from 13th to 11th.

Not forgetting the utter absence of joy fans of these clubs have when they do win something.

City fans are the fucking worst for this as they've become everything they hated about United 10 years ago before the cash came. They're spoilt, and I actually pity that they won't ever be able to experience the unbridled joy of promotion out of the third tier against Gillingham until they win the Champions League.

52 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Not forgetting the utter absence of joy fans of these clubs have when they do win something.

City fans are the fucking worst for this as they've become everything they hated about United 10 years ago before the cash came. They're spoilt, and I actually pity that they won't ever be able to experience the unbridled joy of promotion out of the third tier against Gillingham until they win the Champions League.

Agree with that. They've gone from being a nothing team for decades to one of the best teams on the planet and yet come across as completely passionless for whatever reason. 

I know this particular thread focuses on the Premier League but imagine what French football fans (the traditional passionate ones which do exist) feel about Paris Saint-Germain.

They are infected with the three cardinal sins according to the cultural European football fan with ;

1. No real history as they were founded in the early 70s and imposed on a city with no football culture whatsoever.
  2. Not only an oil fuelled club financially, but also owned by a State shrouded in everything that's considered anti-western and openly uses slavery as a form of advancement.
  3. Is successful domestically based on the first point which is thrown at clubs like Chelsea or Manchester City.

Both Chelsea, Man City and a few others around the continent are harshly accused of something that doesn't even compare.

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I know this particular thread focuses on the Premier League but imagine what French football fans (the traditional passionate ones which do exist) feel about Paris Saint-Germain.

They are infected with the three cardinal sins according to the cultural European football fan with ;

1. No real history as they were founded in the early 70s and imposed on a city with no football culture whatsoever.
  2. Not only an oil fuelled club financially, but also owned by a State shrouded in everything that's considered anti-western and openly uses slavery as a form of advancement.
  3. Is successful domestically based on the first point which is thrown at clubs like Chelsea or Manchester City.

Both Chelsea, Man City and a few others around the continent are harshly accused of something that doesn't even compare.

I'm living in a hostel full of French people and I can confirm the hatred for PSG is real 😂

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm living in a hostel full of French people and I can confirm the hatred for PSG is real 😂

Yeah, I've met plenty of French people throughout my life and not one of them has any sympathies toward PSG whatsoever, quite the contrary.  Infact many of the PSG "fans" that go to the games are either football tourists or immigrants living in Paris that have come from their own football culture and want a team to follow.

I used to have an uncle and aunt that lived just outside Marseille when I was growing up and some summers when my dad decided he'd drive the family to Galicia, we would stay at their house for a couple of days before continuing our journey (they'd come with us most summers).  They had four of their five children born in France and I remember my cousins absolutely despised Paris Saint-Germain... This was also a time when it was much closer to when they'd been founded obviously.

If anyone is searching for a football entity in relation to all that's being thrown at both Chelsea and Man City to really hit hard, then PSG is that club!

18 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, I've met plenty of French people throughout my life and not one of them has any sympathies toward PSG whatsoever, quite the contrary.  Infact many of the PSG "fans" that go to the games are either football tourists or immigrants living in Paris that have come from their own football culture and want a team to follow.

I used to have an uncle and aunt that lived just outside Marseille when I was growing up and some summers when my dad decided he'd drive the family to Galicia, we would stay at their house for a couple of days before continuing our journey (they'd come with us most summers).  They had four of their five children born in France and I remember my cousins absolutely despised Paris Saint-Germain... This was also a time when it was much closer to when they'd been founded obviously.

If anyone is searching for a football entity in relation to all that's being thrown at both Chelsea and Man City to really hit hard, then PSG is that club!

I actually know someone who’s been a PSG fan their whole life and has been to every home match of theirs since 1991. And have a few family members on my mums side who fled Iran to go to Paris post-revolution and I think they’re all PSG fans as well. 

He’s been very conflicted about his club lately. He loves that they’re actually good and sustaining being good - he hates what they represent now. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I actually know someone who’s been a PSG fan their whole life and has been to every home match of theirs since 1991. And have a few family members on my mums side who fled Iran to go to Paris post-revolution and I think they’re all PSG fans as well. 

He’s been very conflicted about his club lately. He loves that they’re actually good and sustaining being good - he hates what they represent now. 

That’s what I said though mate. Immigrants that go to live in Paris that traditionally loved football anyway. They go there and they have PSG to support.

Obviously you have genuine PSG fans as I said in the post you quoted by saying “most”.

But they have always been hated in the rest of France and more so these days for obvious reasons. 

But my principle argument was to defend Chelsea and Manchester City as they are clubs with a natural history due to age and were once also association clubs owned by their fans as were all clubs everywhere except for PSG. 

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That’s what I said though mate. Immigrants that go to live in Paris that traditionally loved football anyway. They go there and they have PSG to support.

Obviously you have genuine PSG fans as I said in the post you quoted by saying “most”.

But they have always been hated in the rest of France and more so these days for obvious reasons. 

But my principle argument was to defend Chelsea and Manchester City as they are clubs with a natural history due to age and were once also association clubs owned by their fans as were all clubs everywhere except for PSG. 

Yeah I agree with you, weren’t PSG also owned by Canal+  for a while and sort of just foisted upon French football? They’ve sort of always been a representation of what is wrong with modern football through the eras.

Archived