talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

See where you're coming from. Mostly I just think its embarrassing for Ross as he and/or his agent obviously thought a move to a bigger club was nailed on before the reality that he simply hasn't done enough on the pitch to attract that attention set in.

16 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I was a bit gutted that we missed out on him but he seems to have been total shite in London.

He's shown some glimpses but not enough. I'm hoping that Zabaleta can bring him on a bit as I still believe he has the potenial to be a real decent player.

• Subscriber

Excellent for us, poor Malaga must be looking around at some of the transfer fees getting chucked about this summer and feeling like they've been right mugged off. Perhaps deals like this are a wake-up call for Spanish clubs and anywhere else that does it setting release clauses in contracts all the time.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Jimenez

Bolasie-----------Klaasan-----------Sandro

Gueye--------Schneiderlin

Baines------Mori------Keane----Coleman

Pickford

One possible line up - that would only leave three players from the pre-Koeman era, two if you replace Mori with Williams which is a possibility. Man knows what he wants and knows how to get shit done.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

One possible line up - that would only leave three players from the pre-Koeman era, two if you replace Mori with Williams which is a possibility. Man knows what he wants and knows how to get shit done.

Is he really ahead of Mori? As Keane is nailed on to start. 

Mori has always impressed me, especially for the national side. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Is he really ahead of Mori? As Keane is nailed on to start. 

Mori has always impressed me, especially for the national side. 

I like Funes Mori, he's never particularly replicated his international form on a consistent basis for us though. I'd play Mori ahead of Williams but it's unclear who Koeman prefers between those two and Jagielka.

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

So in all seriousness, what are the chances that Lukaku stays after all these great signings?

Very slim. Only reason for him not leaving will be down to money we're supposedly asking for. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

On Twitter yesterday the Everton lot were on about being back at Finch Farm for pre-season while Lukaku was tweeting photos of himself in LA. Admittedly, this might have no bearing on anything as it's quite common for international players to come back slightly later after playing in qualifiers a few weeks ago.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Everton to finish above Liverpool next season? What are the odd's? Seriously now Everton really made all the right moves, and if someone can bang them in like Lukaku they are set.

4 or 5 to 1

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/07/07/everton-potential-europa-league-opponents

Just an article from the club about the 2nd round of Europa League qualifying. They've highlighted Galatasaray, Sturm Graz, Hajduk Split and Brondby as the biggest sides we could face when we enter in the 3rd round. Aberdeen, FC Utrecht and Levski Sofia are also in the draw but I don't know if we can't face them due to seeding or whatever.

Anyone planning on going on any of the away games in Europe this season (assuming there's more than one)?

Everton have been looking very shrewd so far this window. A plethora of young home-grown players are coming through the ranks, strong offerings in the likes of Idrissa Gueye and Kevin Mirallas already provide a strong backbone for the team. The way they're going the only way is up for them. I could see Everton in the Champions League in a few seasons time if they keep this up.