talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Ramsey Will Leave Arsenal This Summer

Reported by a few sources today, but this has come from Ornstein so I think it's definitely true. Apparently he is as good as gone, just depends whether we try and recoup something in January or just let him go on a free in the summer. I can see Juventus snapping him up, I think he'd be a good fit for them and they love a free.

Massively disappointing for me, I adore Ramsey as a player but I wish him nothing but the best if he does go. Arsenal have been disastrous with transfers for the last 2 seasons, I'd say our business has been far and away the worst of any big team.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

Love Ramsey too... Keep an eye open on Atlético Madrid!  Been some rumours floating around with them and a certain scout close to Cesc Fábregas that deals a lot with Atleti attending Arsenal games.

Yeah he has said in the past he would love to play in Spain and he could play across Simeone's midfield 4 with ease. I think he will want a substantial wage, but I reckon he would be willing to accept less than what Arsenal have offered him if the situation suits.

7 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Yeah he has said in the past he would love to play in Spain and he could play across Simeone's midfield 4 with ease. I think he will want a substantial wage, but I reckon he would be willing to accept less than what Arsenal have offered him if the situation suits.

Obviously we're either not going to get the amount of money he's worth or he'll go on a free and receive a good lump sum from whoever he signs for next summer.  But our situation over recent years with contracts and wages has taken us to suffer these situations and what I do know is that we're not in a position to replace his quality without forking out ridiculous money.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Obviously we're either not going to get the amount of money he's worth or he'll go on a free and receive a good lump sum from whoever he signs for next summer.  But our situation over recent years with contracts and wages has taken us to suffer these situations and what I do know is that we're not in a position to replace his quality without forking out ridiculous money.

It's incredible mate isn't it. We've had Chamberlain, Sanchez, Ozil and Ramsey all running down contracts recently and got sweet fuck all out of it if we're being honest. We could've got something along the lines of £200m for them four in my opinion. In the end though we got £40m, Mkhitaryan and Ozil on a ridiculous contract, embarrassing really.

It's a shame for him to leave after so long, but I feel Arsenal have never really got the best out of Ramsey. I think he's a top class midfielder. Direct, technically gifted players in his mold, who can score goals, are quite difficult to come by, even if you've got money to spare.

I'd be very excited if he went to Atleti. He's exactly SImeone's type of player. 

• The title was changed to Aaron Ramsey Contract Talks Break Down With Arsenal
Just now, Stan said:

Why did they withdraw? Can't be financial constraints.

No idea, nothing has been said to the reasons why but at a guess maybe someone has got their figures wrong. The Premier League do have a wage cap so it could have affected that but even if so we should have committed and made the money up in sales. Replacing Ramsey will cost an absolute bomb compared to giving him a substantial wage hike. This is totally embarrassing for the club, honestly feel sorry for Ramsey if this is all true.

• Administrator
Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

No idea, nothing has been said to the reasons why but at a guess maybe someone has got their figures wrong. The Premier League do have a wage cap so it could have affected that but even if so we should have committed and made the money up in sales. Replacing Ramsey will cost an absolute bomb compared to giving him a substantial wage hike. This is totally embarrassing for the club, honestly feel sorry for Ramsey if this is all true.

Same. 

Especially given he's never moaned about contract situations like some other players do and he's almost an under-rated asset in that team. Pitches in with many goals and assists but all the fuss is consistently over Ozil/Aubameyang/Lacazette. That's one reason I've remained fond of him during his time at Arsenal so far. Just one of those players that gets the job done and there doesn't appear to be any airs or graces around him. 

It must feel like a proper slap in the face for him when you give so much to a club only to have a new contract offer ripped from beneath you for no obvious reason (at least, no obvious reason to us but maybe the club have communicated with him, who knows).

9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Is he actually that good? He seems to have had a purple patch in his career and has now gone backwards a bit. 

Top quality for me, hasn't been as good as last season but maybe the contract situation has put him in two minds. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Sounds like the guy who replaced Gazidis doesn't think Ramsey's worth whatever was agreed.

Shame to lose him and probably on a free as well but I felt like it was going to be difficult to keep him after Wenger, his biggest backer even when a lot of the fans wanted him sold, had left.

Don't really have any bad feeling towards him over this, he hasn't conducted himself poorly. If a deal can't be agreed, then it can't be agreed.

We shouldn't drop him totally but I do think that in terms of a guaranteed starting place we need to move ahead. Mkhitaryan or Iwobi (who's been good this season) should see more starts.

15 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Club still have Monreal, Welbeck and Cech's expiring contracts to deal with as well. That's around £80m (inc. Ramsey) worth of players we could be losing for nothing... 

Monreal is 32. Cech is 36. Next season will probably be the last one they have in them so they wouldn't be the biggest of losses if they left at the end of this season. Welbeck is Welbeck, I like him and he's a decent squad option but hardly a massive loss if he left. 

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Monreal is 32. Cech is 36. Next season will probably be the last one they have in them so they wouldn't be the biggest of losses if they left at the end of this season. Welbeck is Welbeck, I like him and he's a decent squad option but hardly a massive loss if he left. 

It's not about them leaving it's more about them leaving for free. All 3 will need replacing and it will cost a decent amount of money to do so.

The current contractual situations and what occurred previous to this summer is all down to the previous tenure.  We have tons of players on overpaid mega contracts with relation to their actual worth on the real market.  The whole thing is a mess and there's no way anything or anyone can sway it towards what's going on now.  Put it this way, the present coach has absolutely no say whatsoever on contracts and singling out players to come.  There is a new modern structure at Arsenal now and it's yet to be seen if those selected to do those duties are worth the club they're working for.

Ramsey is leaving because whatever contract they initially offered him doesn't fit within the new people in charge of these things.  The high probability is that I doubt very much Özil would've got the contract he did today and got lucky the others were still there gifting these things.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think he's one of the best players at Arsenal tbh.

If we're talking value in respective positions, he is the best player at the club.  He is possibly (Infact I think he's the only one) the only Arsenal player that could play for one of Europe's elite clubs.

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The current contractual situations and what occurred previous to this summer is all down to the previous tenure.  We have tons of players on overpaid mega contracts with relation to their actual worth on the real market.  The whole thing is a mess and there's no way anything or anyone can sway it towards what's going on now.  Put it this way, the present coach has absolutely no say whatsoever on contracts and singling out players to come.  There is a new modern structure at Arsenal now and it's yet to be seen if those selected to do those duties are worth the club they're working for.

Ramsey is leaving because whatever contract they initially offered him doesn't fit within the new people in charge of these things.  The high probability is that I doubt very much Özil would've got the contract he did today and got lucky the others were still there gifting these things.

Spot on mate just to show our short-sightedness Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan & Özil are our highest earners and they earn £750k p/w between them. Bare in mind currently two of them are playing in their non-natural positions and one doesn't get into the first XI. On top of that they will all be 30 by the start of next season. 

The club has to make Champions League this season or have to get every transfer spot on otherwise we could be set-back years.

39 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Spot on mate just to show our short-sightedness Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan & Özil are our highest earners and they earn £750k p/w between them. Bare in mind currently two of them are playing in their non-natural positions and one doesn't get into the first XI. On top of that they will all be 30 by the start of next season. 

The club has to make Champions League this season or have to get every transfer spot on otherwise we could be set-back years.

You know why players are played out of position mate?  Because the team is unbalanced and what the coach requires doesn't exist to the levels he needs for the objectives.  The only other factor where this can occur is when a coach is forced to play certain names in a first team with orders from above like has occurred a lot at Real Madrid over the years.

All of that is down to what has happened over the years at Arsenal and the decay I kept on going on about on this forum and the previous.  I always said that where we were heading was into a massive job in the future.

Today's typical fan plays that FIFA game and thinks names because when they see names in the squad they sense that everything can't be that bad.  But from having a balanced side to a total mess like we have... Well... Fuck it, let's just leave it on topic and talk about the sadness at Ramsey possibly leaving.

• The title was changed to Aaron Ramsey Will Leave Arsenal This Summer

Archived