talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany to host Euro 2024

football forum

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been a total joke if they selected Turkey. Anyway, good news and unlike 2006, Düsseldorf will be among the hosting cities. Can't wait :banana:

edit: Actually, I can wait. 2024 is a bit far away still xD

• Administrator

Good news. Proper footballing country gets it and shouldn't be any delays or controversies given they only hosted WC 12 years ago. Relatively new stadiums. Maybe I'll finally get to visit Germany! @Tommy can have a house party and we're all invited. But not @Cannabis.

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Germany gets these things because it's better prepared, has a better grouping of stadiums and most importantly, better infrastructure and transport than places like England. It's world's apart here, the transport links are absolutely awful to nearly every major stadium apart from the London ones.

How often did you use the public transportation system in Germany?

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

What an absolute farce. A country is given Euro 2024 when it hosts a major tournament as recently as 2006. Not to mention that the World Cup in 2006 was quite comfortably the most forgettable and bland experience in modern memory. The ones that I was alive for (and old enough to remember) 1998, 2002, 2010, 2014 & 2018 quite frankly blew it out of the water. Even 2014 when England were AIDS was better than the absolute wet fart Berlin coughed up. 

Amazing that a country that hasn't hosted a major tournament in a fantastic location such as Turkey has been overlooked. But then again, this is UEFA so why am I surprised? 

UEFA MAFIA!!111

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Germany gets these things because it's better prepared, has a better grouping of stadiums and most importantly, better infrastructure and transport than places like England. It's world's apart here, the transport links are absolutely awful to nearly every major stadium apart from the London ones.

Getting back to Wembley Park after a game there is hell on earth. 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How was today's "Tommy Robinson" rally?

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Ah, the usual Tommy Robinson shout. Top stuff. 

funnily enough I saw him today while I was playing football. He was on the pitch next to us. I think his kid was there with his club that he plays for.

59 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Several times, though obviously a tourists impression obviously is not always indicative.

I'm just aghast at how piss poor public transport is in the UK, German cities (from my experience) all seem to have some sort of functioning light rail or tram service which makes it easy to travel around a city. 

2 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

To be fair, we do have a great public transformation system. It's just that people will complain as soon as the train/tram/bus is more than 2 minutes late. 

5 hours ago, Spike said:

As opposed to what? An improper country? 

A country that wins the world cup or reaches the semi final/final every now and than or in England's case reaches the second round and sends four five teams to the Champions League out of which one wins it or reaches the semi final/final every now and than.

Proper football country

20 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

A country that wins the world cup or reaches the semi final/final every now and than or in England's case reaches the second round and sends four five teams to the Champions League out of which one wins it or reaches the semi final/final every now and than.

Proper football country

They must absolutely abhor the sport in Iceland.

6 hours ago, Tommy said:

To be fair, we do have a great public transformation system. It's just that people will complain as soon as the train/tram/bus is more than 2 minutes late. 

Mate people will complain when the wait for a train on the Tube goes to 10 minutes rather than 4-5 😂 

I imagine that England are earmarked for 2030 World Cup if they launch a bid for it so complaining about a well prepared country hosting a tournament is unnessecary.

Turkey winning it would have been a farce and unfortunately unsurprising given Fifas obsession with legacies. Whilst 2006 doesn't seem that long ago it's better than the alternative.

Archived