• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Which Club Has The Smartest Owner?

Recommended Posts

Yeah, devestating intelligence appointing Conte ¬¬

 

Step 1 - Keep hiring one of top 5 managers in the world.

Step 2 - Get rid when not going well and replace.

The logic is flawless and keeps him ahead of the pack.......

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

atlanta-united-investor-operator-arthur-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Other than Everton (because I love Moshiri) you have to be looking at the likes of AFC Bournemouth and Burton Albion. Two teams in dreamland but giving a good account of themselves.

Got any pics so I can make a better judgment of your opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Got any pics so I can make a better judgment of your opinion?

Yet more interesting ways of trying to get him to post pics of Mrs Cannabis. I like your style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

So basically this is a thread that's for posting pictures of your own teams owner?

Other than Everton (because I love Moshiri) you have to be looking at the likes of AFC Bournemouth and Burton Albion. Two teams in dreamland but giving a good account of themselves.

Bournemouth flouted various rules in their rise up the leagues, so I wouldn't put their owner at the top. 

The better owners are the one's who's names you barely know, not the one's who're in the papers as much as Premier League footballers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i prefer the owners that don't get involved in the forefront of the club. They keep themselves in the background and only appear when it's ultimately necessary. Most owners in football now see their clubs as a business and that's why I prefer them making decisions out of the public's eye and not spouting shit on social media, for example, the Nottingham Forest or QPR owners do. They like to get involved in social media but I think that does more harm than good. Then you have the frankly ridiculous owners who don't know how to run a football club and take on more than they can chew (or just can't handle a football club non-stop) i.e. Becchetti at Orient or Oyston at Blackpool. Toxic to the core and toxic to the club and no good for the game. I prefer the owners that let the managers and players and the relevant, responsible people take care of on-field matters and that's how it should be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Romesh said:

i prefer the owners that don't get involved in the forefront of the club. They keep themselves in the background and only appear when it's ultimately necessary. Most owners in football now see their clubs as a business and that's why I prefer them making decisions out of the public's eye and not spouting shit on social media, for example, the Nottingham Forest or QPR owners do. They like to get involved in social media but I think that does more harm than good. Then you have the frankly ridiculous owners who don't know how to run a football club and take on more than they can chew (or just can't handle a football club non-stop) i.e. Becchetti at Orient or Oyston at Blackpool. Toxic to the core and toxic to the club and no good for the game. I prefer the owners that let the managers and players and the relevant, responsible people take care of on-field matters and that's how it should be. 

So you prefer Chazz then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

So you prefer Chazz then

he was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know Bournemouth pump a fair bit of money into the team so I'm not sure how smart that makes them. They don't exactly live within tight means. 

I found this interesting chart of the biggest squad value increases in Europe, with the clubs' transfer balances on the right. What Köln have done is insane, if you buy into the concept of objective market values.

 

IMG_8395.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends how you define the smartest, tbh.

Abramovic can throw money at his problems to make them go away. Is it smart that he is an oil oligarch? Probably. Does that mean he's a smart owner of a football club? It's hard to say because he doesn't really have to operate it like a business.

Arsenal, aside from seeming to lack ambition, are pretty well run. They're consistently top 4, they make a lot of cash, and (generally) play pretty good football. Levy at Spurs (he's not the owner though, is he?) has been running them well for a while too. Southampton are pretty well run too, considering they routinely have their best players taken off them. They look a bit worse on the pitch this season though, but they definitely have a good eye for talent and for investing the funds they get from player sales well, and bring in managers that play positive and intelligent football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abramovic is a ghost. His exact influence is unknknown. Has he ever made a public speaking appearance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spike said:

Abramovic is a ghost. His exact influence is unknknown. Has he ever made a public speaking appearance?

He uses the club name to create a legitimate persona in the business world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirBalon said:

He uses the club name to create a legitimate persona in the business world.

Granted, but that isn't the topic at hand.,The only action that is strongly suggested to be forced by Abramovis os the Shevchenko signing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Granted, but that isn't the topic at hand.,The only action that is strongly suggested to be forced by Abramovis os the Shevchenko signing. 

Agreed!  Although I was just answering what his motives behind his ownership of Chelsea FC were/are. But I do believe Shevchenko was certainly an Abramović signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Agreed!  Although I was just answering what his motives behind his ownership of Chelsea FC were/are. But I do believe Shevchenko was certainly an Abramović signing.

Whomever has been placed in the running of the club has done a marvellous job of raising the profile of the club and turning it into a world wide name.From relative obscurity to a marketing giant is a huge leap in a decade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Spike said:

Whomever has been placed in the running of the club has done a marvellous job of raising the profile of the club and turning it into a world wide name.From relative obscurity to a marketing giant is a huge leap in a decade

Peter Kenyon, the same bloke who did it for Man Utd in the 90s wasn't it? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't fault Levy for what he's been able to do financially at Spurs. They've broken the glass ceiling without needing a big marquee investor. 

I think clubs like West Brom and Stoke are underrated for how they've been run. It's not an easy task getting established in the top flight, especially for West Brom who have broken the habit of being a yo-yo club which can't be easy.

Moshiri has made the right moves and the right noises so far but it's too early to judge on his success for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Peter Kenyon, the same bloke who did it for Man Utd in the 90s wasn't it? 

It was the late 90s, wasn't  Man U already on everyone's lips because of Beckham?  Besdies he hasnt been around for a long time now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Agreed!  Although I was just answering what his motives behind his ownership of Chelsea FC were/are. But I do believe Shevchenko was certainly an Abramović signing.

As was Torres!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

As was Torres!

Torres 100% according to the Spanish press, I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

As was Torres!

 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Torres 100% according to the Spanish press, I agree.

Ray Wilikins said that it was 100% Ancellotti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

It was the late 90s, wasn't  Man U already on everyone's lips because of Beckham?  Besdies he hasnt been around for a long time now.

Pini Zahavi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirBalon said:

Torres 100% according to the Spanish press, I agree.

Torres had a brilliant season with us leading up to the CL semi-final that year and he was brilliant in that game  

Next thing Chelsea wanted him and he turned to shit xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spike said:

 

Ray Wilikins said that it was 100% Ancellotti.

Never believe anything Ray Wilkins has ever said.  He has spoken so much rubbish in his time it's unbelievable...  He was the first "ridiculous" pundit ever in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirBalon said:

Never believe anything Ray Wilkins has ever said.  He has spoken so much rubbish in his time it's unbelievable...  He was the first "ridiculous" pundit ever in my opinion.

He was assistant manager at the time. I'll believe him over the Spanish press.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

 

Ray Wilikins said that it was 100% Ancellotti.

Ancellotti has said numerous times that he knew nothing about the Torres transfer! It was done and dusted before he arrived. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Ancellotti has said numerous times that he knew nothing about the Torres transfer! It was done and dusted before he arrived. 

Before he arrived? What do you mean? Ancellotti had been manager for full over a year and a half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spike said:

He was assistant manager at the time. I'll believe him over the Spanish press.

Why?

The Spanish press had no vested interest in who was the man behind the signing at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement