talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Which Club Has The Smartest Owner?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Other than Everton (because I love Moshiri) you have to be looking at the likes of AFC Bournemouth and Burton Albion. Two teams in dreamland but giving a good account of themselves.

Got any pics so I can make a better judgment of your opinion?

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

So basically this is a thread that's for posting pictures of your own teams owner?

Other than Everton (because I love Moshiri) you have to be looking at the likes of AFC Bournemouth and Burton Albion. Two teams in dreamland but giving a good account of themselves.

Bournemouth flouted various rules in their rise up the leagues, so I wouldn't put their owner at the top. 

The better owners are the one's who's names you barely know, not the one's who're in the papers as much as Premier League footballers. 

• Administrator

i prefer the owners that don't get involved in the forefront of the club. They keep themselves in the background and only appear when it's ultimately necessary. Most owners in football now see their clubs as a business and that's why I prefer them making decisions out of the public's eye and not spouting shit on social media, for example, the Nottingham Forest or QPR owners do. They like to get involved in social media but I think that does more harm than good. Then you have the frankly ridiculous owners who don't know how to run a football club and take on more than they can chew (or just can't handle a football club non-stop) i.e. Becchetti at Orient or Oyston at Blackpool. Toxic to the core and toxic to the club and no good for the game. I prefer the owners that let the managers and players and the relevant, responsible people take care of on-field matters and that's how it should be. 

6 minutes ago, Romesh said:

i prefer the owners that don't get involved in the forefront of the club. They keep themselves in the background and only appear when it's ultimately necessary. Most owners in football now see their clubs as a business and that's why I prefer them making decisions out of the public's eye and not spouting shit on social media, for example, the Nottingham Forest or QPR owners do. They like to get involved in social media but I think that does more harm than good. Then you have the frankly ridiculous owners who don't know how to run a football club and take on more than they can chew (or just can't handle a football club non-stop) i.e. Becchetti at Orient or Oyston at Blackpool. Toxic to the core and toxic to the club and no good for the game. I prefer the owners that let the managers and players and the relevant, responsible people take care of on-field matters and that's how it should be. 

So you prefer Chazz then

As far as I know Bournemouth pump a fair bit of money into the team so I'm not sure how smart that makes them. They don't exactly live within tight means. 

I found this interesting chart of the biggest squad value increases in Europe, with the clubs' transfer balances on the right. What Köln have done is insane, if you buy into the concept of objective market values.

IMG_8395.JPG

Depends how you define the smartest, tbh.

Abramovic can throw money at his problems to make them go away. Is it smart that he is an oil oligarch? Probably. Does that mean he's a smart owner of a football club? It's hard to say because he doesn't really have to operate it like a business.

Arsenal, aside from seeming to lack ambition, are pretty well run. They're consistently top 4, they make a lot of cash, and (generally) play pretty good football. Levy at Spurs (he's not the owner though, is he?) has been running them well for a while too. Southampton are pretty well run too, considering they routinely have their best players taken off them. They look a bit worse on the pitch this season though, but they definitely have a good eye for talent and for investing the funds they get from player sales well, and bring in managers that play positive and intelligent football.

Just now, SirBalon said:

He uses the club name to create a legitimate persona in the business world.

Granted, but that isn't the topic at hand.,The only action that is strongly suggested to be forced by Abramovis os the Shevchenko signing. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Granted, but that isn't the topic at hand.,The only action that is strongly suggested to be forced by Abramovis os the Shevchenko signing. 

Agreed!  Although I was just answering what his motives behind his ownership of Chelsea FC were/are. But I do believe Shevchenko was certainly an Abramović signing.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Agreed!  Although I was just answering what his motives behind his ownership of Chelsea FC were/are. But I do believe Shevchenko was certainly an Abramović signing.

Whomever has been placed in the running of the club has done a marvellous job of raising the profile of the club and turning it into a world wide name.From relative obscurity to a marketing giant is a huge leap in a decade

43 minutes ago, Spike said:

Whomever has been placed in the running of the club has done a marvellous job of raising the profile of the club and turning it into a world wide name.From relative obscurity to a marketing giant is a huge leap in a decade

Peter Kenyon, the same bloke who did it for Man Utd in the 90s wasn't it? 

• Subscriber

Can't fault Levy for what he's been able to do financially at Spurs. They've broken the glass ceiling without needing a big marquee investor. 

I think clubs like West Brom and Stoke are underrated for how they've been run. It's not an easy task getting established in the top flight, especially for West Brom who have broken the habit of being a yo-yo club which can't be easy.

Moshiri has made the right moves and the right noises so far but it's too early to judge on his success for us.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Peter Kenyon, the same bloke who did it for Man Utd in the 90s wasn't it? 

It was the late 90s, wasn't  Man U already on everyone's lips because of Beckham?  Besdies he hasnt been around for a long time now.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

It was the late 90s, wasn't  Man U already on everyone's lips because of Beckham?  Besdies he hasnt been around for a long time now.

Pini Zahavi?

Just now, SirBalon said:

Torres 100% according to the Spanish press, I agree.

Torres had a brilliant season with us leading up to the CL semi-final that year and he was brilliant in that game  

Next thing Chelsea wanted him and he turned to shit xD

Archived