Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Huddersfield 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 20th October

Kick-off 17.30

Live on BT Sport

Huddersfield     VS     Liverpool

Head to Head
Huddersfield 0-3 Liverpool
Liverpool 3-0 Huddersfield
Huddersfield 0-2 Liverpool (friendly)
Huddersfield 0-2 Liverpool (FA Cup)

Will be interesting to see whether the formation changes and who gets a chance off the back of that. 

Mane, keita, trent all doubtful. Won't be surprised to see Van Dijk rested since he is dealing with broken ribs. 

47 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Mane, keita, trent all doubtful. Won't be surprised to see Van Dijk rested since he is dealing with broken ribs. 

Add Salah, Milner and Lallana to that doubtful list. 

If Liverpool have that many injuries I could sort of see a Newcastle or a Brighton frustrating them to a draw but Huddersfield really are that shit that I still think Liverpool B will win by a couple.

On 18/10/2018 at 10:42, LFCMadLad said:

Add Salah, Milner and Lallana to that doubtful list. 

You should still win. But without them you might not get the 12 goals you need to go top :ph34r:

23 minutes of shite football broken up by a decent finish from Salah. Nicely weighted ball from Shaqiri to lay it in to Salah's path.

Great strike from Huddersfield to hit the post from about 30 yards out. 

My fantasy football transfers this week have been a laughing stock, Salah and Bernardo Silva > Hazard and Mane among them.

Milner fortunate to get away with that, I think. Ball definitely touched his arm. 

Pritchard goal disallowed as he was inches offside. Van Dijk's foot might have been playing him onside but hard to call.

Huddersfield not having much luck at the moment... Probably should have had a penalty there then a call for a marginal offside that ruled their goal out and one off the post earlier I believe... 

Not rolling over after going a goal behind... 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Clearly offside, that's not unlucky. 

Shit game. Sturridge not helping with liverpool's attack but Salah looks good. 

1540055836056_lc_galleryImage_.JPG

Well I did say it was offside... for me it was marginal, a clear offside would have had him at least one step away from the defender not alongside him, another day he might have got the goal... 

Who cares whether or not Klopp wins anything this season when the football is this exciting huh? :whistling:

22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

1540055836056_lc_galleryImage_.JPG

Well I did say it was offside... for me it was marginal, a clear offside would have had him at least one step away from the defender not alongside him, another day he might have got the goal... 

It's offside or it is not offside. He is offside. 

Liverpool a bit more composed now, fabinho looks decent.

Chris Sutton is a joke. Huddersfield have shown nothing at all, at least in the 2nd half and he's just said 'Huddersfield showing real Yorkshire grit now, giving it a real go'. I don't think they've had a shot on target and a few minutes before they'd just said it'd gone a bit flat after the subs were made xD

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Chris Sutton is a joke. Huddersfield have shown nothing at all, at least in the 2nd half and he's just said 'Huddersfield showing real Yorkshire grit now, giving it a real go'. I don't think they've had a shot on target and a few minutes before they'd just said it'd gone a bit flat after the subs were made xD

Awful game all round. Aside from against West Ham i dont think ive seen liverpool be really impressive. 

I know there's the romanticism of last season with it being Huddersfield's first season in the Premier League but they offer absolutely fuck all this season. 

Other than a couple of big lumps up front in Depoitre and Mounie, they have nothing else. At all. There's no pace, no flair, no creativity, no skill about the side. The only tactic they seem to do mildly well is long throws and route one. They are the blue and white version of Stoke from 10 years ago, only less efficient with it. Dogshite stuff. 

Made hard work of that but can't complain with another win and clean sheet.

I actually quite like Huddersfield but actually they're very very shit. They're organised enough to nick occasional points off middling teams who are having an off day like they did against us, and might have a few inspired home wins but overall can't see what they have to offer that will keep them in the league unless there are three other equally/more piss poor teams, which with Fulham and Newcastles results today does look a possibility to be fair.

For me, these are the games that will win you the title, or take you close. Not the 3, 4 or 5-0 roll overs. It's the games where it's tight, 1-0 or 2-1 and you need to rely on defence to stay solid and see out the advantage.

That is the main difference with Liverpool this year. The flair has been slightly subsided for a bit more grit and steel and I like that. Winning mentality.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Lucas said:

For me, these are the games that will win you the title, or take you close. Not the 3, 4 or 5-0 roll overs. It's the games where it's tight, 1-0 or 2-1 and you need to rely on defence to stay solid and see out the advantage.

That is the main difference with Liverpool this year. The flair has been slightly subsided for a bit more grit and steel and I like that. Winning mentality.

Yep, seeing so many people complain about our attacking performances but it's happened so many times over the last few years where we had to be playing well to win matches and couldn't grind them out. 

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

True. But its starting to feel like I've been saying that from the first game of the season. Sooner or later it would be nice if we actually played someone off the park. We've been solid but really not that impressive in attack at all bar maybe 1 performance.