talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wed 8th March - Barcelona (6) 6-1 (5) Paris Saint Germain

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For two weeks now the major talk has been a possible turnaround of the 4-0 defeat in Paris.  Obviously if any club in the world can do something like that (they've done it before) it's Barcelona especially at the Camp Nou.  But it ain't gonna happen!  I'm sure the players would've rather have conceded even one more goal (5) and have an away goal to take home.

All I want and I'm sure the Barça faithful are thinking the same thing, is that a great passionate showing from the players is given.  A good victory that shows that the result in Paris apart from a great display by PSG (which the Barcelona players all admitted), that it was an error.  A freak result in terms of the number of the goals.

Hopefully a good win.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I don't think I've ever seen Barcelona in a competitive penalty shoot out in my life time. 

I can only remember one to be honest and it was a big one.  I'm sure there have been others although right now they don't come to mind.

The one I remember was the 1986 European Cup Final (Champions League) against Steaua Bucharest where Barcelona were expected to destroy their rival and it went to penalties.  Every single Barça player missed their penalty in one way or another.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Despite the score-line it would be naive to write Barcelona off. On their day they're the best team in the world and quite capable of scoring four past PSG at home.

Are they capable of keeping PSG out though? That's the big question. They're going to have to play a pretty attacking game and conceding one makes it a whole lot more difficult.

• Subscriber

You cant write them off but its really all done and dusted here and the damage was done in the first leg. If PSG come out of the gates with the same kind of pack-hunting mentality they did in Paris then this game will be over before the half time whistle. Barcelona will have to produce something magical tonight and I don't think they will. Is everyone fit for this one?

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

You cant write them off but its really all done and dusted here and the damage was done in the first leg. If PSG come out of the gates with the same kind of pack-hunting mentality they did in Paris then this game will be over before the half time whistle. Barcelona will have to produce something magical tonight and I don't think they will. Is everyone fit for this one?

you basically wrote them off xD 

The problem still lies in the fact Barça weren't able to score the away goal in Paris. The longer it goes on the more Barça will push and PSG will be waiting just to counter. The only thing that can now play against those Parisien players is the nerves syndrome which they were really feeling in the final 5 minutes of the first half... Barça should've gotten a third then.

There was a penalty for PSG not given by the ref though. For me it was a pen but those ones aren't always given. 

Strange tactics from Emery, better approach would have been to get up the pitch and press high. A goal from PSG kills the game. I actually think Barca prefer teams that set up deep against them, it allows Busquets in particular to get in positions where he can dictate. 

The way the 1st leg went though means PSG have a lot of breathing space and that 1st leg may have ultimately won it for them.

It's one of those games where a sending off could decide which way this goes as well and I say this after there was a big penalty shout in the first period but let's hope the referee has a good game second half.

• The title was changed to Wed 8th March - Barcelona (6) 6-1 (5) Paris Saint Germain

Archived