talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

I watched 'Tag' yesterday evening, based on a true story about a bunch of blokes who have been playing this game for about 28 years and once a year for a month everyone is free game.. ( It's true I googled it ) 

One or two funny moments in it that did make me laugh but that's about it, but then I suppose you can only get so much fun out of a game like that and even with hollywoods 'licence to thrill' applied it failed quite badly... Whats even more baffling than all these blokes playing this game for so long is how did someone convince someone else that it would be worthy of making a film out of... Started watching it while tired, halfway through didn't mind if I nodded off but the bad news was I managed to still be awake at the end of it.. 

A whopping great 3.5 out of 10

'Jûbê ninpûchô (Ninja scroll)'

9/10

'Ivanovo Detstvo (Ivan's childhood)'

9/10

'Shock Corridor'

8/10

'The Last Seduction'

7.5/10

'Avengers: Infinity War'

8/10

'The Gunfighter'

Love Gregory Peck.

9/10

'Deadpool 2'

Much more inferior compared to the first one.

7/10

Edited by ASF
  • Upvote 1

Terminator Genesis 7/10

I didn't think this film was anywhere near as bad as they made out. No where near as good as the first two but I thought it was better than the fourth and about as good as the third. The one thing about this film though is obviously it was made with a sequel in mind so a lot of it doesn't make sense and since the sequels have been cancelled it never will. Acting is pretty terrible though 

On 15/08/2018 at 13:13, Eco said:

I was told by a colleague that if I enjoyed the way Interstellar was written, than I need to watch Shutter island, so that is next on my list. 

Its quite good.  

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Did you watch it on TV yesterday xD? Started watching it myself but turned it off as the acting was terrible.

Yeah. I've seen it before but yeah the acting was pretty bad. 😂 I think it must be something to do with the directing or something because emily clark clearly can act.

• Subscriber

Interstellar 

Finally managed to watch it. Found the premise and the storyline interesting, and really liked the scientific plausibility of it as well as quite a few interesting and thought provoking concepts. At the same time, it isn't particularly groundbreaking and in the end, it just feels a little bit... underwhelming? Granted, a sci-fi epic of this scale was always going to be a huge challenge for the film creators, and while it's not perfect, it's still well worth a watch. Don't think I'll watch it again though.

7/10

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Interstellar 

Finally managed to watch it. Found the premise and the storyline interesting, and really liked the scientific plausibility of it as well as quite a few interesting and thought provoking concepts. At the same time, it isn't particularly groundbreaking and in the end, it just feels a little bit... underwhelming? Granted, a sci-fi epic of this scale was always going to be a huge challenge for the film creators, and while it's not perfect, it's still well worth a watch. Don't think I'll watch it again though.

7/10

Ah, I loved the end...Maybe do some searching on the ending and see some of the theories, you might enjoy it more after that. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Ah, I loved the end...Maybe do some searching on the ending and see some of the theories, you might enjoy it more after that. 

Haha thanks, but I didn't mean the ending of the movie as I thought it was perfectly fine and I know a fair bit about the main theories and concepts of astrophysics -  it's just that after those 3 hours, the whole experience felt a bit underwhelming... It's a good movie, but it doesn't live up to its own ambition, in my opinion. I had a feeling that Nolan tried hard to make Interstellar this generation's 2001: A Space Odyssey, but didn't exactly manage to pull it off...

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha thanks, but I didn't mean the ending of the movie as I thought it was perfectly fine and I know a fair bit about the main theories and concepts of astrophysics -  it's just that after those 3 hours, the whole experience felt a bit underwhelming... It's a good movie, but it doesn't live up to its own ambition, in my opinion. I had a feeling that Nolan tried hard to make Interstellar this generation's 2001: A Space Odyssey, but didn't exactly manage to pull it off...

I want to learn a bit more about astrophysics, and I have heard from people much smarter on the subject than I, that the amount of experts they spoke with throughout the movie to make sure it was as accurate as possible, gives the movie more kudos in my opinion. 

But reading about how after the main character is just 'found' in space, how everything after seem leads to a theory that he is in fact dead, and the 'round' world with the light at the end of the tunnel is based off of people who have had near death experiences, and that nothing like that every happened, it was just his mind going through the normal stages it does before death.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Eco said:

I want to learn a bit more about astrophysics, and I have heard from people much smarter on the subject than I, that the amount of experts they spoke with throughout the movie to make sure it was as accurate as possible, gives the movie more kudos in my opinion. 

Hide contents

But reading about how after the main character is just 'found' in space, how everything after seem leads to a theory that he is in fact dead, and the 'round' world with the light at the end of the tunnel is based off of people who have had near death experiences, and that nothing like that every happened, it was just his mind going through the normal stages it does before death.

The astrophysics of Interstellar is based mostly on Kip Thorne theories, that's the part of the movie I enjoyed most. If you haven't read it before, I highly recommend his Black Holes and Time Warps, a book for lay readers written in a similar style to Sagan's and Hawking's best ones, although much more complex and harder to understand.

As for that theory about the ending... It would surely be much more probable than him surviving the black hole, passing the event horizon, entering the tesseract, interacting with the past and transmitting the data to his daughter and then being spit out of the black hole to conveniently end up near Saturn to get picked up by the rangers from the Cooper Station

xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Glad you liked that. I personally think it's one of the best noir flicks and an underrated gem. 

Off topic, just wanted to say that I love your avatar :D 

After Gaitonde, Katekar is the next best character in the series!

• Like 1

On 20/08/2018 at 07:59, True Blue said:

The Last Airbender

4/10

I am usually very generous but that was a piece of piss.

Wasn't it called one of the worst films ever made? xD

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

So far haven't watched a shit movie with Jake, however fair to say i didn't really understand his movie "Enemy" if you watched it.

Enemy was great. 

And even better when you understand it. So much symbolism. 

But yea, I'd watch anything with Jake Gyllenhaal. Tremendous actor. Loved him in Prisoners as well. The role he plays in there is one of my favourite characters in movie history. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Enemy was great. 

And even better when you understand it. So much symbolism. 

But yea, I'd watch anything with Jake Gyllenhaal. Tremendous actor. Loved him in Prisoners as well. The role he plays in there is one of my favourite characters in movie history. 

Yeah seen that after the movie explains a lot, but couldn't understand it after i watched it. I liked him more in Prisoners, but in Nightcrawler he truly looks like a lunatic.