talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Ready Player One - 9/10 Absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Worth watching in theatres and in 3D. It reminded me of watching the original Tron, Its our generations version of that. I did not read the book but that is the one criticism I've seen and heard is that they deviated alot from the book, which if youre like me It wont matter.

2001: A Space Odyssey - With it being unnecessarily long, lacking a good story and involving a lot of wooden acting, I can see why this film is highly rated... 5.5/10

I know that's a unpopular opinion but people that actually liked it, why?

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, 6666 said:

2001: A Space Odyssey - With it being unnecessarily long, lacking a good story and involving a lot of wooden acting, I can see why this film is highly rated... 5.5/10

I know that's a unpopular opinion but people that actually liked it, why?

Stunning cinematography and groundbreaking visuals, introducing numerous things that haven't been done in cinema before, all without computer graphics. Stunning and way beyond its time
Epic soundtrack and enigmatic atmosphere
Most accurate, scientific portrayal of Space
Immense scale and scope of the film, exploring "big ideas" like a man's place in the Universe, technological progress, (artificial) intelligence, man vs. machine, etc; and narrating the entire history of humanity and evolution of the humankind
Story being conveyed mostly through visuals, symbols and musical cues rather than dialog, intentionally leaving many of the ideas and scenes open for interpretation. It's challenging

I personally love it, and I'm not even much of an arthouse film fan in general... However, I understand why many find it boring, too-long, pretentious, etc. It's very polarizing, kind of a love it or hate it kind of film... 
I also read Arthur Clarke before I watched the movie, both the novel of the same name which he wrote while working on the filmset with Kubrick, and his previous works that influenced the creation of the movie, so maybe I just had more reference points for the story... If you want more story and more explanations, it's worth taking a look at the "sequel" which was not directed by Kubrick, so it's a very different style and also more accessible: 2010: The Year We Make Contact

• Upvote 2

'Hard Times'

7/10

'Se, Jie (Lust, caution)'

5/10

'Man of the West'

8/10

'Kumo no Mukô, Yakusoku no Basho (The place promised in our early days)'

7.5/10

'Kurenai no Buta (Porco rosso)'

8/10

'A Woman Under the Influence'

6/10

'The Omen (1976)'

8/10

'Cria Cuervos'

8/10

'Central do Brasil'

8.5/10

'Tokyo Goddofazazu (Tokyo godfathers)'

8.5/10

'The Big Red One'

6/10

'Le Doulos'

7/10

Edited by ASF

16 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Watched boss baby with my daughter last night, we both loved it. 8/10

Next up later today is tangled which I'm dreading watching..

Hated Tangled pre-teacher me. Could be better now... good luck! 

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Hated Tangled pre-teacher me. Could be better now... good luck! 

I'll need it, can't stand fucking princess movies. I also bought T2 Trainspotting & The Martian a few days ago which I plan on watching tonight or tomorrow, think the first 1 will be a little too explicit to watch with my daughter though :ph34r:

'The Message'

7.5/10

'Inherit the Wind'

9/10

'Cronos'

5.5/10

'Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia'

5/10

'Kiki's Delivery Service'

6/10

'The Killers (1946)'

8.5/10

'Incendies'

8.5/10

9 hours ago, ASF said:

'The Message'

7.5/10

'Inherit the Wind'

9/10

'Cronos'

5.5/10

'Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia'

5/10

'Kiki's Delivery Service'

6/10

'The Killers (1946)'

8.5/10

'Incendies'

8.5/10

Have you seen Kimi no na wa(your name)?

Edited by Toinho

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Have you seen Kimi no na wa(your name)?

I have mate. Great movie. 

Probably I felt more connected to it, because I can relate to the movie's theme (long distance relationship). But yeah, top movie and Makoto Shinkai is brilliant.

21 hours ago, ASF said:

I have mate. Great movie. 

Probably I felt more connected to it, because I can relate to the movie's theme (long distance relationship). But yeah, top movie and Makoto Shinkai is brilliant.

I think I saw it in English (subtitled) in Tokyo. I am not usually into those films, but wow, I was captivated.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Toinho said:

I think I saw it in English (subtitled) in Tokyo. I am not usually into those films, but wow, I was captivated.

I recommend you '5 Centimeters per second' and 'The promised place in our early days', from the same director. 

The former left me a bit of a sour taste, but looking back it was a top movie as well. 

9 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

How many movies do you guys watch in a week ?

Maybe one at the moment. But I haven't watched a movie in a while. I might check out Game Night tonight. 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

How many movies do you guys watch in a week ?

None. I used to watch a lot of movies in the past, but now I prefer TV shows as the episodes are shorter and thus I can watch quite a few without sacrificing much time. Movies somehow require more focus, so I can't be bothered anymore usually.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

None. I used to watch a lot of movies in the past, but now I prefer TV shows as the episodes are shorter and thus I can watch quite a few without sacrificing much time. Movies somehow require more focus, so I can't be bothered anymore usually.

Same. I'm surprised at some members posting a list movies, do they actually watch it or not xD