talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Jigsaw - 4/10 I dont know why i expected any different but it was largely shite. Other then some cool death scenes and contraptions it was a waste of time. I dont remember the last Saw movie i watched maybe 4 or 5? but this will be the last. 

Murder on the Orient Express - 7/10 I like the way it was done, interesting enough story to follow but nothing ground breaking. Worth watching when you want to throw something on that wont make you think too much but still enjoy it.

Phantom Thread - Great performance from DDL but the film didn't really live up to the hype around it. 6.5/10

Darkest Hour - Thought they were going to glorify Churchill too much and make him look like the ultimate strong and fair leader but they didn't do that and actually made him look quite ordinary. The film itself and how it was told was decent enough. 7/10

Call Me By Your Name - Some would way that most pretentious films are gay but this was definitely a gay, pretentious film. Moonlight last year was very good but this had very little going on that I found interesting or engaging in any way. Another Oscar nominated film, another disappointment. 5/10

The Killing Of A Sacred Deer - Yorgos Lanthimos has one fucked up mind. Don't know how this didn't get nominated, better than a lot on the list. 8/10

• Administrator

Bright 

4/10

It just gets too weird. I don't think Will Smith is the right actor for the character that is played. At the start you can see the resemblance of racial divides to that of real life. It's not even subtle to be honest. After a while though you just get weirded out, especially by the elves. Towards the end you've pretty much convinced yourself that you may be tripping while watching this. There's a few funny lines and intense (for lack of a better word) moments.

It totally wasn't what I expected though. Quite underwhelmed. 

Call Me By Your Name - 9/10.

Thought this was an old as shit film, only just realised it's been released last year and nominated for awards 😂

Fantastic film overall, one that reels you in with the cinematography alone. Any awards won for this will be well deserved.

• Subscriber

Sorry @Tommy I lied BUT it was Valentines day, the next movie i watch on my own will be Locke xD

The Big Sick - 8/10 My second romcom in a couple months now, what can i say besides I really enjoyed this one as well O.o I follow Loopers youtube channel and they come up with some gems you pass over and miss and i saw their little preview for this one.

Its a story about an aspiring Pakistani comedian dealing with a white girl he met that he falls for with the juxtaposition of his family being very traditional and trying to set him up with an arranged marriage. It has a real genuine feel and story to it, the casting was great and the writing was smart. I should mention its a mostly true story as well about the lead actor and how he met his wife who was a part writer and on set. 

Check it out

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5462602/

edit: apparently i live under a rock and the movie exploded and has been nominated for awards...

Edited by Viva la FCB

'The Adventures of Tintin'

3/10

'The Thief of Bagdad (1940)'

8/10

'The Ipcress File'

8.5/10

'Don't Look Now'

Ridiculous.

2/10

'Du Rififi Chez Les Hommes'

8/10

'Breathless'

7/10

'The Manchurian Candidate'

8.5/10

'The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp'

8.5/10

'A Place in the Sun'

8/10

'Le Mépris'

4/10

'Judgment at Nuremberg'

9/10

• Administrator

Black Panther. 

Fucking loved it. Can see why it got such rave reviews. 

Got a couple of people in it from Black Mirror. Took me ages for me to remember where Letitia Wright was from and which episode xD

• Subscriber

Brawl in Cellblock 99 - 7/10 I thoroughly enjoyed this from start to finish. Vince Vaughn was at his best in a serious role for once. Had some great lines and good fights and plenty of moments not for the squeamish.

Locke - 8/10 I read nothing about it other then the clip Tsubs linked in the Hardy thread about Tom's convo with his imaginary father in his back seat. Not at all what I expected and nothing like I've really seen before as the entire movie is shot from inside Ivan Locke's (Tom Hardy) car, and it worked. I was on the edge of my seat from about 20 mins in until the end, the highs and lows right along with him. Worth a watch. Tom was at his best.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 1

Coco 

8.5/10

Among one of the very best Pixar films for me, alongside Wall-E and Inside Out. 

I knew, and I'm sure many others did as well, right away that Hector was Miguel's real great great grandfather. It was just waiting for the moment of reveal. Strangely, given its predictability, it was still very very good.

Edited by Cicero

Thank You For Your Service (2017)

Very enjoyable movie in terms of emotion and acting. Miles Teller continues to impress me, and I didn't even like him a few years ago. The only downside of this movie is that it felt rush towards the end and there were many loose ends and incomplete story lines. Still liked it though. 

7/10

Black Panther was a bit of a boring character wasn't he? Not enough spice, edge or wit in him, not to speak of charisma or worse, strenght (!!)... The guy lost a fight for his throne and I cared little for his failure because there's no reason to root for him. He's annoying and the way he talks puts me to sleep.

I mean, the bad guy was more panther-ish than Black Panther himself. His ghetto ways and the usage of the word shit were cringey, but still the best character in the movie because Michael B Jordan knew how to boost him.

Makes good cinema because it's too well produced but it's underwhelming because it lacks a storyline that is not copy-paste work, much is left to be explained, and the worst is that it's annoyingly predictable.

I believe it's overhyped by crictics because of the political BS but time will tell the truth. 5/10 film.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Machado said:

Black Panther was a bit of a boring character wasn't he? Not enough spice, edge or wit in him, not to speak of charisma or worse, strenght (!!)... The guy lost a fight for his throne and I cared little for his failure because there's no reason to root for him. He's annoying and the way he talks puts me to sleep.

I mean, the bad guy was more panther-ish than Black Panther himself. His ghetto ways and the usage of the word shit were cringey, but still the best character in the movie because Michael B Jordan knew how to boost him.

Makes good cinema because it's too well produced but it's underwhelming because it lacks a storyline that is not copy-paste work, much is left to be explained, and the worst is that it's annoyingly predictable.

I believe it's overhyped by crictics because of the political BS but time will tell the truth. 5/10 film.

Completely agree the hype is unreal. It wasn't a bad movie but best Marvel movie? It would struggle to get into the top 10, not my top 10 either.