talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

The Cloverfield Paradox - 7/10 If I judge it as a standalone i thought it was pretty average. The real savior for my interest was all the easter eggs and connections to the series. In chronological order its the first event to take place and sets in motion the first two movies, in that respect and how it shakes down I loved it.

If you dont know what im talking about start from the beginning with Cloverfield and then 10 Cloverfield Lane, you wont regret it if your a fan of the sci-fi horror genre. I found after diving a little deeper after this movie the marketing team put together a couple websites and fake news reports etc to fill in a back story and leave fans guessing and theorizing between every movie. And yes there will be a 4th installment thats done filming called Overlord; which will take place apparently during D-day/WWII.

Annihilation - Didn't know what to expect from this but really liked it. The whole Stranger Things/Last Of Us/Under The Skin/Enemy feel to the film really worked for me. Looks like it cost a bit to produce and I don't know how they're going to make a lot of money for it as it's not really made for the mainstream but fuck that, I really liked it. Watch it at night and in the dark. 8.5/10

• Subscriber

Annihilation - 7/10 Didnt do much for me other then the special effects, the first half exploration and whatnot was kind of cool and held me interest but passed that I didnt really care for where they went with it in the back half of the film.

Logan Lucky - 7/10 Thoroughly entertaining, basically a redneck heist movie. Tater's was good shit as was Daniel Craig and Adam Driver. Not a whole of thinking but worth a watch.

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Saving Mr.Banks - 8.5/10

Wow. Finally found a movie that made my tough skin cry. Recommended for all. 

I watched this around to time it came out. I don't remember it even being that sad...

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Game Night - 6.5/10

Good for a bit of fun. Some comedic moments and some slap-stick bits too. Not in stitches at any point and I think at times the film tried to be too spoof-like, as if it was trying to mimic the likes of Scary Movie or Epic Movie where it takes the piss out of other movies. Most times I was just laughing at how stupid it got which I think was the intention at that time in the film anyway. Didn't really expect too much out of it anyway but I do like Jason Bateman and Kyle Chandler. However, despite not having a main role, Jesse Plemons and his character is enjoyable. 

'Le Mépris (Contempt)'

6/10

'Bugsy Malone'

3/10

'The Quiet Man'

7/10

'James and the Giant Peach'

2/10

'Sabotage'

6/10

'42'

7/10

'Ordinary People'

7/10

'Lonely are the Brave'

7.5/10

'Scarface (1932)'

6.5/10

'Terms of Endearment'

7/10

'To Live and Die in L.A.'

6.5/10

'Ordet (The word)'

5/10

'Hoshi no Koe (Voices of a distant star)

7.5/10

'Pafekuto Buru (Perfect Blue)

My first Satoshi Kon movie. Intense. I highly recommend it.

8.5/10

'Byôsoku 5 Senchimêtoru (5 centimetres per second)'

I didn't like the ending, but Makoto Shinkai is a brilliant director.

7.5/10

• Subscriber

A Most Wanted Man - 5/10 I love me some Rachel Mcadams, this movie was packed with star power with Willem Defoe and the late great Philip Seymour Hoffman but other then that it fell pretty flat. I literally watched this the night before Red Sparrow and thank god Red Sparrow was good I dont know If i would have watched another spy movie again. Very boring, super slow build up until the end which came and went without much care other then the realization that I just sat through this 2 hour snooze fest.

Red Sparrow - 8/10 Jennifer Lawrence is pure fire, Hansel hes so hot right now. Once i recovered from seeing her topless and super sexual for a good half the movie it was a really good spy flick. You didnt know which way she was going to go and it had a couple good twists and turns, definitely worth a watch

Edited by Viva la FCB

'Hurricane Heist'

Just finished watching this... About a planned 600 Million robbery during a mother of all storms.. Plenty of action throughout and the special effects were good but not OTT or silly like some of those low budget jobs you get knocking about.. Highly recommend if you have 2 hours to kill... 

8/10

Inside Man
7.5/10
Couldn't remember if I had seen it, I enjoyed it... that's my review.

Central Intelligence
5.5/10
Wanted a dumb comedy where I didn't have to think. This achieved that. Easily.

Wonder Woman
7.5/10
#newcrush