talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

11 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Actually Aragorn's age or lack of ageing is covered in the Two Towers by Miranda Otto asking if he has the blood of the Dunedain. The remark goes further about the ancient bloodline being descended from the First Men of Numenor or something like that. 

Isn't that scene one of the ones added in the extended cuts?

Edited by Spike

1 minute ago, Waylander said:

I've got the DVD though thought it was just part of the normal film, I saw it when to came out so can't confirm either way. 

I think we are at an impasse with everyone unsure which scenes were added and always in the film xD

5 hours ago, Spike said:

There are several scenes that mention Aragon’s being quite old, even the king of Rohan saying that he remembers him from when I was a boy and it is never explained unless you watch the extended or read the books. It is confusing because it is never even implied there is a race of super men.

I believe it also expands on what happens to merry and pippin while that one orc is chasing them through the forest, as you said it adds tension

What happens to Saruman is explained/seen otherwise all that happens is Gandalf says ‘trapped ip in his tower’. So ot makes no sense for them to find Saruman’s palantir just floating in the water

No, there is only 1 scene, and thats in the extended edition. So by cutting it, it never needs to be mentioned. 

As for Merry and Pippin, it mostly covers them in the care of treebeard, so who cares. 
Saruman ending isn't satisfying either way IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No, there is only 1 scene, and thats in the extended edition. So by cutting it, it never needs to be mentioned. 

As for Merry and Pippin, it mostly covers them in the care of treebeard, so who cares. 
Saruman ending isn't satisfying either way IMO. 

No I’m sure it is mentioned at the funeral of the King of Rohan’s son

16 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Considering Aragon isn't in that scene, no. 

Well no that isn’t what I meant, I could swear there is a scene not with Eowyn where the king of rohan mentions that he knew aragon when he was young

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Not in the theatrical release at least no. 

Yeah you are probably right, I just remember being impressed with a lot of the scenes that were cut. Still the worst scenes will be better than this fucking amazon series anyway

16 hours ago, Spike said:

No I’m sure it is mentioned at the funeral of the King of Rohan’s son

another stupid scene which was rightfully removed was where the Witch King shatters Gandalfs staff then flys away when the Rohirimm arrive.   

you can kill Gandalf and basically win the war, but fly away because some dudes on horses come and get massacred anyway.   

he kills Gandalf, sauron basically wins.

Another wtf scene is the mouth of sauron scene, gets decapitated but let's just send out our army despite Sauron actually seeing Frodo.  Schooled in the Adolf Hitler school of tactical blunders

50 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Another wtf scene is the mouth of sauron scene, gets decapitated but let's just send out our army despite Sauron actually seeing Frodo.  Schooled in the Adolf Hitler school of tactical blunders

He didn't see Frodo until midway through the battle? Then sent the Nazgul after them? 

Any who, I appreciate TTT and ROTK but the Fellowship of the Ring is the only one I would genuinely call a masterpiece of film. 

• Subscriber

The Amazon series will be set thousands of years before The Hobbit though, so it's pretty refreshing that they are not retelling the same story.

I read the books and while I enjoyed it, I still never warmed to LOTR, for some reason. Didn't manage to sit through the movies, either.

49 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He didn't see Frodo until midway through the battle? Then sent the Nazgul after them? 

Any who, I appreciate TTT and ROTK but the Fellowship of the Ring is the only one I would genuinely call a masterpiece of film. 

Nobody is denying it is not a masterpiece,  the cuts were obviously for a reason. 

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

another stupid scene which was rightfully removed was where the Witch King shatters Gandalfs staff then flys away when the Rohirimm arrive.   

you can kill Gandalf and basically win the war, but fly away because some dudes on horses come and get massacred anyway.   

he kills Gandalf, sauron basically wins.

I really doubt the Witch King could easily kill Gandalf even without his staff while getting stabbed in the back by some cavalry. Gandalf kills the balrog with a sword before being reborn more powerful, and all it takes to incapacitate the witch king is a sword to the leg.

That is because Aragon touches the palantir and sends Suaron a false message of him having the ring and reuniting Gondor, so even if Sauron stared directly at Frodo it wouldn’t matter because he was fixated on Aragon. It is also states that Sauron doesn’t even consider that they’d destroy the ring, he thinks it is an impossibility.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They had to hire sex coaches in the LOTR series so it looks like they are going the GOT route. 

Also, and this is a bit concerning, the directors of the series best work was fucking Jungle Cruise with the Rock. 

Huh? First season has three directors, and neither of them has directed Jungle Cruise.