talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

The usual suspects 9/10

Brilliant movie, still love it even though I know the film already. The wife didn't so it was fun waiting for her shock at the end.

The greatest trick the devil ever did was making the world believe he didn't exist......

Then puff, like that he was gone!

Always loved those lines, great film.

• Upvote 3

I have so many issue with Dune 2021, it might even be a worse adaption than Dune 1984. Lynch’s doesn’t pretend  to be faithful and goes balls off the wall, Vileneuve does pretend to be faithful so every change is more jarring, 

84 is a fucking stupid movie that is memorable. 21 is serious and boring that misses the point entirely. 

21 might be an okay movie but a awful adaption it is

• Confused 1

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Spike said:

I have so many issue with Dune 2021, it might even be a worse adaption than Dune 1984. Lynch’s doesn’t pretend  to be faithful and goes balls off the wall, Vileneuve does pretend to be faithful so every change is more jarring, 

84 is a fucking stupid movie that is memorable. 21 is serious and boring that misses the point entirely. 

21 might be an okay movie but a awful adaption it is

I Disagree GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

It is truly a bad movie, it is okay if you like it of course but I found it astonishingly mediocre and pale imitation of the source material.

Yeah I get it, its the case with alot of adaptations I find. I did start the book and maybe that would change my opinion of it too but until that point I loved the movie :)

Idk im easily distracted though and I kinda want to read the Witcher books first so I might put Dune aside. 

7 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah I get it, its the case with alot of adaptations I find. I did start the book and maybe that would change my opinion of it too but until that point I loved the movie :)

Idk im easily distracted though and I kinda want to read the Witcher books first so I might put Dune aside. 

I get changes, I get narrative differences, I get it can’t be the same, what I don’t get is changes to the characters, their motivations, and  shoe horning in characters where they don’t belong. I still can’t believe how they handled some of the characters, they may as well be different people

The soundtrack was also terrible, I literally laughed out loud when I heard the Arabic singing. Holy shit, how ham fisted, Fremen are Arab aesthetic inspired not literal Arab. When the metal guitar riffs started blaring when they left Caladan on the ship, I also couldn’t stop laughing, it was so jarring.’

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

I get changes, I get narrative differences, I get it can’t be the same, what I don’t get is changes to the characters, their motivations, and  shoe horning in characters where they don’t belong. I still can’t believe how they handled some of the characters, they may as well be different people

The soundtrack was also terrible, I literally laughed out loud when I heard the Arabic singing. Holy shit, how ham fisted, Fremen are Arab aesthetic inspired not literal Arab. When the metal guitar riffs started blaring when they left Caladan on the ship, I also couldn’t stop laughing, it was so jarring.’

I actually loved the score :) I thought it fit perfectly with the world building. The throat signing was awesome, to each their own anyways. 

As far as Chalamet honestly I had no idea who he was going in but he was fine. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

That wasn't Arabic though? As much as I'm aware, David J. Peterson created 4 artificial languages (2 sign languages, 2 spoken ones) and they were used in the movie score, too. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

That wasn't Arabic though? As much as I'm aware, David J. Peterson created 4 artificial languages (2 sign languages, 2 spoken ones) and they were used in the movie score, too. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The soundtrack was absolutely fantastic. 

I still found  it hilarious and out of place. And to the layman, it DID sounds like Arab singing regardless of the made up language or not. Like something out of Team America, I actually thought of this scene when the terrorist first appeared. Then it blasts out at 11 volume over the rest of the movie like all of Zimmer’s osts from Inception till now

I haven’t see anyone say anything about this movie besides ‘trust me bro, it is good’

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I loved the score too, and thought it was perfect in expanding the "otherworldliness" of Dune. Very unconventional, eery, atmospheric. Brilliantly captured the spirit, imo.

It’s funny you say ‘otherworldliness’ because I got none of that in 21, but all of that in 84.

21 seemed like modern life but space magic, but very little space magic

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Spike said:

It’s funny you say ‘otherworldliness’ because I got none of that in 21, but all of that in 84.

21 seemed like modern life but space magic, but very little space magic

Did you re-watch the 84 recently, or are you remembering from when you watched it years ago?

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Did you re-watch the 84 recently, or are you remembering from when you watched it years ago?

Check this thread only in the last month, my comments were something like ‘one of the worst movies I have ever seen’. 21 is a different sort of bad, it falls so squarely into ‘meh’ it is so much less memorable than the trainwreck of 84

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Check this thread only in the last month, my comments were something like ‘one of the worst movies I have ever seen’. 21 is a different sort of bad, it falls so squarely into ‘meh’ it is so much less memorable than the trainwreck of 84

Yeah, I missed that thanks to all your recent LOTR chatter xD 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, I missed that thanks to all your recent LOTR chatter xD 

oh well, I wanted to like it, it is better than 84 holistically. but I got Cutty Sark from a plastic bottle instead of Macallan 18. It's still whisky but you know

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Avengers End Game

My teenage daughter was back from Uni and she wanted to watch it. Not watching any of the Avenger movies or many Marvel movies at all I wasn't looking forward to it. 

How wrong was I, really enjoyed it. I'm gonna watch a few more Marvel films now.