talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I can't put my finger on it, but I just can't like Serena Williams. Obviously I respect the hell out of her achievements but it's just the way that she speaks, it sounds so fake as if every sentence is said in a way that it can become a famous quote or be used as a line in her career documentary film. Reminds me of Lewis Hamilton.

They are black?

• Subscriber

Don't mind Anderson as a person but really hope he gets pasted in straight sets tomorrow. Anyone who watched the two semi finals and the comparative entertainment value of each one can see why I don't want to see a 6'7" serve bot lift the Wimbledon title and inspire another generation of Isners and Karlovics to spend an entire career hammering down aces in unwatchable matches in the next decade.

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Don't mind Anderson as a person but really hope he gets pasted in straight sets tomorrow. Anyone who watched the two semi finals and the comparative entertainment value of each one can see why I don't want to see a 6'7" serve bot lift the Wimbledon title and inspire another generation of Isners and Karlovics to spend an entire career hammering down aces in unwatchable matches in the next decade.

Oh I completely agree with regards to the two semi finals and how bad the first one was to watch. 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Oh I completely agree with regards to the two semi finals and how bad the first one was to watch. 

Yeah don't know if it's how you took it but just to clarify that post wasn't aimed at anything you or anyone said.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

US Open starts this weekend. David Ferrer in his last slam has drawn his friend Rafael Nadal in the first round.

Djokovic and Federer on course to meet in the quarter finals.

Murray starts against Duckworth, could face Del Potro in the third round if he makes it.

Stan Wawrinka vs Grigor Dimitrov is the undoubted tie of the opening round.

On the women's side, Venus and Serena Williams seeded 16 and 17 are on course to meet in the third round.

Jo Konta pays for her poor form by being unseeded and drawing 6th seed Caroline Garcia in the first round.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Marc said:

Thoughts on the Serena situation?

Disgusting behaviour I felt sorry for her opponent, the happiest moment of her career completely overshadowed by a whinging cunt whinging that she wasn’t a cheat only for her coach to admit “yeah I was coaching”. Terrible loser is Serena 

3 code violations, what did she expect? People trying to use Males as the exscuse but they usually shut the fuck up after their first warning or point deduction. And bringing that “I’m a mother” bullshit into it. Seriously, go fuck yourself you pretentious fuckstick. It’s got fuck all to do with sexism or racism. She’s just a cunt when she’s losing and has previous.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Disgusting behaviour I felt sorry for her opponent, the happiest moment of her career completely overshadowed by a whinging cunt whinging that she wasn’t a cheat only for her coach to admit “yeah I was coaching”. Terrible loser is Serena 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

3 code violations, what did she expect? People trying to use Males as the exscuse but they usually shut the fuck up after their first warning or point deduction. And bringing that “I’m a mother” bullshit into it. Seriously, go fuck yourself you pretentious fuckstick. It’s got fuck all to do with sexism or racism. She’s just a cunt when she’s losing and has previous.

This.

Pretty amusing viewing if she hadn't ruined it for Osaka. It's disgraceful behaviour from her and credit to the umpire for being strong in the face of the crowd and the pressure that brings.

Absolutely shocking that Billie Jean King and Ellen De Generes have come out in support of her. Serena has to bring her "I came up from nothing and I've been fighting against racism, sexism my whole life" underdog narrative into everything. I get that she's had to fight against a lot of injustice in her life but it doesn't mean she can use that as a get out of jail free card whenever she doesn't like something.

Can't stand the woman and I've read a lot of stuff in the past and this afternoon about her entitled, self absorbed personality off the court which doesn't surprise me in the slightest. She thinks she's above reproach and for someone who's constantly going on about her humble roots her behaviour last night up against a 20 year old unfancied Japanese girl in her first Grand Slam final was astounding.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Billie Jean King sticking her ore in again regarding the supposed sexism. There will never be such a thing as gender equality because people like her wouldn't settle for equality once they've achieved it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Billie Jean King sticking her ore in again regarding the supposed sexism. There will never be such a thing as gender equality because people like her wouldn't settle for equality once they've achieved it. 

There can never be equality in anything humanity is just too flawed. 

She's wrong to think she should have escaped punishment but she's right that high profile players in the men's game do get away with similar things quite often. Djokovic in particularly is a whiny bitch whenever it starts going against him and rarely faces reprimand. More a point about better umpiring though. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

She's wrong to think she should have escaped punishment but she's right that high profile players in the men's game do get away with similar things quite often. Djokovic in particularly is a whiny bitch whenever it starts going against him and rarely faces reprimand. More a point about better umpiring though. 

This. Yes she should have been punished but the laws, but so should most male tennis players who seemingly go unpunished for worse things.