talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rafa Benítez Leaves Newcastle United; Steve Bruce Hired

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The silence from the club is what makes it worse. Communication lines are poor, in part because they hate the fans and because they've lied to fans before so anything they say won't be believed.

The mind boggles that Ashley doesn't just bring someone in who knows how to run a football club. Instead we've got this pen pushing twat who hated Rafa Benitez.

Funny how Rafa is slagging Ashley off now all the time to the press, he was talking about the training ground the other day,  that the club had showed all these plans to him about a new training ground and wanted Rafa to get involved in it and after they scrapped the idea so instead they repainted the old one xD

Probably the only main trait I like about Rafa Benítez is that he has one thing clear in his mind... He understands the fans and cares about them which is why I always founfd it strange when he took on thr Chelsea job seeing as they hate him at Stamford Bridge.

He always does this!

He will always let the fans know, slowly, through certain sentences from time to time aboht what's really going on. Not that the Newcastle fans need confirmation of all of this. But sometimes the deception runs so deep that when you finally open your eyes you are left dumbfounded.

I can't begin to understand why this Ashley creature is running the club like he runs the image of his business which is to create a cheap environment that lacks quality and depth. A total hoax!

I feel sorry for Newcastle fans. People like Sir Bobby Robson etc become more meaningful.

• Subscriber

Yeah it's very hard to not see them dropping this year. Half their goals from last season and manager gone in a week.

It's a total shambles. You've really got to step it up now.

They've had 2 working weeks to find a manager. How hard can it be? Anyone remotely interested in football would know who they'd want to go for straight away. Either a takeover is on the cards or they're struggling for ideas or to attract anyone half decent.

Media reporting that they're gathering information on targets. Haha. Wtf. Do you have to submit a CV as well?

Rafa has said he told the club a few days after his meeting in London on May 16th that he wouldn't be renewing his contract.

Just the last 7 weeks the club have known they need a new manager.

Casual reminder the transfer window closes in 31 days. 

Rondon out Gayle in.

Diame out Colback in.

Perez out Aarons in.

Like new signings.

48 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Rafa has said he told the club a few days after his meeting in London on May 16th that he wouldn't be renewing his contract.

Just the last 7 weeks the club have known they need a new manager.

Casual reminder the transfer window closes in 31 days. 

Rondon out Gayle in.

Diame out Colback in.

Perez out Aarons in.

Like new signings.

In all honesty, what is all this about?

There are only two options I can think about which are;

1. Total incompetence but innocent in the actions being taken.
  2. Making things seem one way to the fans by portraying a situation that's more difficult than it should be.

I prefer the second option personally just because I relate it to situations revolving other clubs at different levels with the same sensation or one that befits as I mentioned, the status.

I am very surprised at the lack of serious action being taken by the Newcastle fans publicly. Either a high percentage believe in the club's "good intentions" or maybe they feel nothing can be done either way.

47 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

In all honesty, what is all this about?

There are only two options I can think about which are;

1. Total incompetence but innocent in the actions being taken.
  2. Making things seem one way to the fans by portraying a situation that's more difficult than it should be.

I prefer the second option personally just because I relate it to situations revolving other clubs at different levels with the same sensation or one that befits as I mentioned, the status.

I am very surprised at the lack of serious action being taken by the Newcastle fans publicly. Either a high percentage believe in the club's "good intentions" or maybe they feel nothing can be done either way.

Local press said in June that the club are confident of sorting a deal out with Rafa. Their source fed then lies seemingly.

A lot of fans have cancelled season tickets and others are waiting to see what the club does next before making that decision on whether or not to do the same. 

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bit suspect that he's immediately gone to China. 

Not suspect in terms of proving Newcastle United knew all along after reading what @Harvsky wrote earlier. He had ample time to sort out his next move during that period.

From the soundbites in the Spanish media in recent weeks Benítez had various arguments with certain members of the Newcastle board that absolutely nothing on what they had enticed him with was materialising and that he had been lied to.

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Rafa has been wanting to leave newcastle for a long time. 

I think he'd have stayed if there was a takeover, but I don't think he wanted to work for Mike Ashley anymore. He's fucked off immediately to China because the amount of money they're paying him is absolutely ridiculous and he's probably not going to get that kind of money in England. And there's also some unfair negativity around Rafa in the British press and I wouldn't blame him for wanting to get the fuck away from that, while also getting an absolutely insane amount of money.

It might put him in the "traveling retirement" part of his career that often happens when people are no longer as relevant at the top level as they used to be in their career. But it'll set him and his family up for a long long long time.

42 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Steven Gerrard reported to have rebuffed approach :4_joy:

He might come good but it is so premature to want him right now. 

There are rumours hes already lined up to replace Klopp in 2022.

There's an interview setup on Spanish radio station Ondacero tomorrow night which will be done by a very famous Spanish sports radio presenter, José Ramón de la Morena... It will be with Rafa Benítez. De la Morena has held previous interviews with Rafa in the past where he's managed to dig out big headlines and inside information. It'll surely be focused on the Newcastle United goings on which should be very interesting.

4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

John Terry being tipped to takeover now :4_joy:

It'd be mental if his first job as a manager was stepping into that shitshow. It's much safer for his long term career prospects in management to stay at Villa and keep learning while not actually being under any scrutiny as he's not a manager yet and take a job that's less high profile and that's got more stability.

As things stand, he'd have a tough job with a side that needs strengthening but so far has only gotten weaker since the season ended. And any assurances Ashley makes spending money probably shouldn't be trusted given Newcastle's history. I think Newcastle's only chance of staying up and maybe punching above their weight is with an experienced tactician, not a complete novice. And some new players wouldn't hurt.

Steve Bruce now firm favourite. 

:4_joy:

Just sell the club you twat. What's the point in knocking back bids that give you all your money back and some for this? Is it the free marketing or the hope that it will be worth more again in 10 years?

• The title was changed to Rafa Benítez Leaves Newcastle United; Steve Bruce Hired

Archived