talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

By friday BOTH teams would be ready to play Saturday   ...onless one is un-fit   

I go to the gym 5 days a week and put in more work than all these fannys and they are pro athletes?  ...48hrs is plently of time!

Considering some of the excuses you come out with when city loose you can hardly talk.  The intensity Chelsea had to play at would be enough to affect them 48 hours later. Lactic acid can affect you for days. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Considering some of the excuses you come out with when city loose you can hardly talk.  The intensity Chelsea had to play at would be enough to affect them 48 hours later. Lactic acid can affect you for days. 

They have rub downs/rub ups :ph34r: plunge pools etc etc ..and everything they need to overcome that with the 3 days rest they had, all's they do is run around a field for ffs!! is not like a tough sport like rugby is it .. fatigue is no excuse 

21 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

They have rub downs/rub ups :ph34r: plunge pools etc etc ..and everything they need to overcome that with the 3 days rest they had, all's they do is run around a field for ffs!! is not like a tough sport like rugby is it .. fatigue is no excuse 

All these things help but it can affect it and clearly does. I'm sure you would be using it as an excuse if city lost.

The tough week was no excuse to be honest. Professional players need to be fit enough to play two high level games a week. No excuses we were defeated by a better team on the day, still a long season and we should all just move on. The meltdown of our "fans" on social media was embarrassing what would have happened if we had a start like Palace? We would probably bring 15k on a home game. No disrespect to the loyal lads but plenty of spoiled shits among us.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Would Chelsea fans have taken a win at Atletico and a loss to City at the start of the week?

I will be honest I was not expecting us to play as well as we did at Atletico, but given how well we performed during the week it was not unreasonable to expect us to have toughed out a draw playing at home against City. 

Bringing on Willian for Morata was a game changer for me and not a good one.. and I could have expected the team to be a bit tired towards the end of the game or even the second half but they looked sluggish right from the off so no excuses as far as I am concerned.. 

49 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Can't believe there's Chelsea fans who actually think this, average at best.

He's class going forward, suspect at the back. Nonetheless, he does his job. And does it very well. 

Can still see us going after Sandro if Rahman isn't given a chance. 

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Sky reported Morata to be out for 6 weeks plus, his official FB page suggesting he will be ready for Palace. 

Anything that could be considered as 'bad news' when it involves us, you best believe SKY will make it a headline,  but Morata himself said he's working hard to be fit for Palace so I wouldn't be surprised if they cocked up another story, just like Conte getting sacked last September. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Anything that could be considered as 'bad news' when it involves us, you best believe SKY will make it a headline,  but Morata himself said he's working hard to be fit for Palace so I wouldn't be surprised if they cocked up another story, just like Conte getting sacked last September. 

Hope the later is true, not the first time Sky making BREAKING news untrue.

10 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Hope the later is true, not the first time Sky making BREAKING news untrue.

For what it's worth, Batshuayi's overall game is atrocious, but he is a pretty reliable goal scorer.  Our month of October is congested, but with fairly easier fixtures. Roma at home being our toughest. 

Our False 9 as well as Batshuayi up top is proven to get us goals. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

For what it's worth, Batshuayi's overall game is atrocious, but he is a pretty reliable goal scorer.  Our month of October is congested, but with fairly easier fixtures. Roma at home being our toughest. 

Our False 9 as well as Batshuayi up top is proven to get us goals. 

Roma away to be the toughest ^_^, however i hope Conte gives up on the 3-5-2 as Hazard is not a striker and we have no width. The team moves very slowly and there is zero chance of any fast attacks.

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Roma away to be the toughest ^_^, however i hope Conte gives up on the 3-5-2 as Hazard is not a striker and we have no width. The team moves very slowly and there is zero chance of any fast attacks.

Just seen its the 31st. xD

Fairly certain we are saving the 3-5-2 against top opposition and sticking with a 3-4-3 on a regular basis. I'd like to see Drinkwater have a good run.