talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

29 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't mind the odd double title reign. But with both shows on separate networks with their own rosters, each needs a championship. Reigns has worked as double champ because he's had the storylines to go with it. If you had someone like a Brock as champ champ then you're kinda just fucked. People would either burn out seeing the same guy twice a week or would resent an absent champ (like Brock) 

I think their should be one champ that alternates appearances on Smack and Ram. But what can I say, the less titles the better I’ve always thought 

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think their should be one champ that alternates appearances on Smack and Ram. But what can I say, the less titles the better I’ve always thought 

You can absolutely overexpose the audience to titles. AEW, which really is one 2hr tv show when it boils down to it show has
The AEW title
The TNT title 
The all atlantic title 
The FTW championship
Tag titles 
3 man tag titles 

And 2 womens titles. This is in addition to regular appearances from ROH champions, and AEW wrestlers holding the ROH belts (FTR and jericho/cesaro) and AAA titles floating around too. 

That is a pile of dogshit. 

WWE is much cleaner. Each show has a championship, a secondary belt and tag belts. 1 womens title, and a floating female tag belt. That covers 5 hours of TV with 7 titles, whereas AEW has 3 hours of TV, 8 titles plus the ROH bullshit. 

Now if I were in charge of AEW, and I wasn't cooked on more coke and addys than Dave Portnoy, I'd have 
The AEW world heavyweight title
A secondary belt (a US championship belt probably, naming it after the network feels tacky) 
Tag belts
A single womens championship.
And a rampage championship, that gets defended at least twice a month on rampage. It would be the 'workhorse' belt and give you an excuse to put random matches on almost every week. However, AEW currently just does that anyway so meh. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Another year of him as champion?

Shocked that he won after the build up. Hopefully Cody doesn’t lose his momentum now. 

Who will be the person to dethrone RR? I can see someone maybe taking one of the belts. 

• 3 weeks later...

A new world title. It looks better than any WWE title they've had for nearly 20 years but the logo looks slapped on and it's slightly off putting. At least it's not the same as Roman's belts with a different colour strap. I still remember the reaction to the Universal title. Was hilarious.

worldjfif.jpg

Edited by 6666

• 1 month later...

After watching a very average Double or Nothing I do worry for AEW's creative adding another two hours of television. Its great for there finances but the creative, which has been largely been poor for 12-18 months, is going to get significantly worse with an extra two hours a week to prepare for. Look what happened to WCW when they added Thunder.

On 30/05/2023 at 10:22, The Palace Fan said:

After watching a very average Double or Nothing I do worry for AEW's creative adding another two hours of television. Its great for there finances but the creative, which has been largely been poor for 12-18 months, is going to get significantly worse with an extra two hours a week to prepare for. Look what happened to WCW when they added Thunder.

Tony putting Jack Perry in a World Title match on a PPV because he's still desperate to make "the four pillars" a big thing is embarrassing. MJF is still trying to establish himself as a main eventer, Darby & Guevara could go up another level but they're not there yet, and Jungle Boy is just lost.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 28/04/2023 at 16:49, 6666 said:

A new world title. It looks better than any WWE title they've had for nearly 20 years but the logo looks slapped on and it's slightly off putting. At least it's not the same as Roman's belts with a different colour strap. I still remember the reaction to the Universal title. Was hilarious.

worldjfif.jpg

And now there’s another new title. A good way of splitting the belts without taking one off Roman. 

On 03/06/2023 at 00:07, 6666 said:

Tony putting Jack Perry in a World Title match on a PPV because he's still desperate to make "the four pillars" a big thing is embarrassing. MJF is still trying to establish himself as a main eventer, Darby & Guevara could go up another level but they're not there yet, and Jungle Boy is just lost.

Yeah, Jungle Boy sucks. There was more deserving people that were stuck in that battle royal losing to Orange Cassidy.

Liked the CM Punk promo, mainly because it helps fuel the drama. Don't understand the people that just want them to all get along and be All Friends Wrestling again. WrestleTalk lads in tears.

Also interesting that CM Punk has been on the Adam Cole exercise regiment.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I mean, Jay wasn't the guy. 

However, the guy window is narrowing. Lesnar or Cena aren't going to do it. It literally has to be either Cody, or someone needs to be elevated big time. Maybe Seth.

The guy is Cody. It has been ever since his tore his pec.

There's literally no point caring about any of it until WrestleMania 40 unless you're invested in Seth Rollins 'best loser' title.