talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

[VOTE] Team of the 21st Century - GK - Semi Finals

football forum

Who progresses to the Final?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Manuel Neuer or Iker Casillas?

2. 2. Peter Schmeichel or Gianluigi Buffon?

• Peter Schmeichel
    • Gianluigi Buffon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm going to be potentially controversial here and opt for Neuer over Casillas. @Machado made a good point yesterday about how he was the first one to be a real ball-playing goalkeeper and a lot of modern goalkeeping is modelled because of him. It's a tough call though.

Buffon has to beat Schmeichel in the other tie. Better goalkeeper and people have already quite rightly made the point about Schmeichel not being that prominent post-2000 whereas Buffon certainly has.

12 minutes ago, True Blue said:

German voting for a German, shocker there ^_^

A glory hunter voting for an ex Real Madrid player, shocker there ^_^

He's a Bayern player, so naturally I'm not his biggest fan, but he revolutionized the goalkeeper position and played on a different level compared to every other goalkeeper for some time. Casillas was great, but not as special as Neuer. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Casillas was great, but not as special as Neuer. 

Your opinion. Casillas himself was special, especially during 2007-2011 when he was arguably the best on the planet. 

Its easier now he’s retired as we can judge his career as a whole. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

A glory hunter voting for an ex Real Madrid player, shocker there ^_^

He's a Bayern player, so naturally I'm not his biggest fan, but he revolutionized the goalkeeper position and played on a different level compared to every other goalkeeper for some time. Casillas was great, but not as special as Neuer. 

Wow amazing and brave, someone is having a different opinion than mine let's call him a glory hunter. Broken my heart and i will probably lose a lot of sleep because of your opinion.

Try to accept that people can have other opinions that are different, you will have a better life.

27 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Wow amazing and brave, someone is having a different opinion than mine let's call him a glory hunter. Broken my heart and i will probably lose a lot of sleep because of your opinion.

Try to accept that people can have other opinions that are different, you will have a better life.

Amazing and brave to assume I vote for someone just because of a nationality. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Amazing and brave to assume I vote for someone just because of a nationality. 

Was that offensive in any way? If you said that i voted for example Džeko because he was Bosnian i would clarify it if i felt i needed to clarify. You called me a glory hunter because i voted for Casillas. 

Just now, True Blue said:

Was that offensive in any way? If you said that i voted for example Džeko because he was Bosnian i would clarify it if i felt i needed to clarify. You called me a glory hunter because i voted for Casillas. 

It implied that my vote is biased because of a nationality. It wasn't offensive, but assumptive. 

Archived