talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

I reckon @Inti Brian for being so cocky about South America. So he goes away and goes to Canada and it goes downhill from there xD

It could well go downhill. Never said it can’t, and a lot of countries are untrained for this sort of thing, but we’ve been doing things well as it stands.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

It could well go downhill. Never said it can’t, and a lot of countries are untrained for this sort of thing, but we’ve been doing things well as it stands.

I was just messing about Brian. 

11 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Which is why the data shows when they are at school infectious illnesses spread in the local community at a faster rate

They acknowledged that in the press conference yesterday

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I hate this but I also find it incredibly hard not to believe that that's their view on it.

I've tried three times to try and formulate the right words to express how appalling it is that a country with our resources, technology and economy probably would see a decimation of people that it's their job as the government to help as a preferable method of balancing the books rather than taxing their billionaire friends a tiny bit more money but the last thing I want is to turn this into a partisan political debate.

Nah it’s your partisan, they’ve gone to experts and those guys are the ones that will take a <5% death toll and pat each other on the back. In fairness I’ve seen Boris attacker all day, it’s probably the wisest thing he’s done in rather than making bombastic lock down statements is going with his experts. If it’s wrong it in a chief medical & science officer 

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Handle it better in what sense? Less strain on the healthcare system? 

As in by the time it hits  Italy style we are approaching warmer temps so it’s easier to cope as less seasonal cases

3 hours ago, Stan said:

200 new cases in UK today. 

They said yesterday they estimated ten thousand, did you seriously not watch the 40 min press conference? 

3 hours ago, Machado said:

See above reply to Stan

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Nah it’s your partisan

Not at all. I'm trying to trust the government because this goes way above trying to score points against Johnson. Look at it objectively, there are loads of experts out there saying conflicting things. The head of the WHO today called our approach wrong and dangerous. Partisan would be automatically assuming that the guys employed by our government are the experts that are right, or assuming that the ones who disagree with them are the ones that are right. I think at the moment theres enough doubt on both sides, I'm leaning towards disagreeing with our approach at the moment but obviously I hope I'm wrong.

Some of their reasoning has been debunked, but they might be right. There's no precedent for this, we won't know what was the right or wrong move until weeks and months down the line.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

They said yesterday they estimated ten thousand, did you seriously not watch the 40 min press conference? 

See above reply to Stan

Erm, no? Sorry. 

43 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Not at all. I'm trying to trust the government because this goes way above trying to score points against Johnson. Look at it objectively, there are loads of experts out there saying conflicting things. The head of the WHO today called our approach wrong and dangerous. Partisan would be automatically assuming that the guys employed by our government are the experts that are right, or assuming that the ones who disagree with them are the ones that are right. I think at the moment theres enough doubt on both sides, I'm leaning towards disagreeing with our approach at the moment but obviously I hope I'm wrong.

Some of their reasoning has been debunked, but they might be right. There's no precedent for this, we won't know what was the right or wrong move until weeks and months down the line.

Which parts of their reasoning have been debunked? 

15 minutes ago, Machado said:

I was just looking at some numbers and it looks like their new cases are plummeting and recoveries are also rising quickly. 

The world needs to just fucking do what they did to contain. 

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

They also sent a few doctors who managed the oubreak in Wuhan as well as 30 tonnes of medical equipment and supplies to Italy too.

So Wuhan is slowly returning to normal? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

So Wuhan is slowly returning to normal? 

Yes; they already closed all 16 temporary makeshift hospitals in Wuhan. Businesses and public transportation start resuming slowly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Now the Canadian government is thinking of closing everything meaning I could potentially be stuck here if it's closed before next Wednesday.

It took Trudeau's wife to get sick for them to wake up. The regular civilian's life has no value. It's only when a big name gets in trouble that they fucking take action.

• Subscriber

The theme of Western governments being like "let's not get carried away, this isn't necessary yet" turning into "okay actually we definitely need to do that" in the space of about 24 hours continues.

I still think we should jump forward a few steps instead of waiting for things to get as bad as Italy and Spain before we put into place the same measures as Italy and Spain.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Have a watch it sets out the policy. iTN news  literally condensed it down to “you’ll lose loved ones”

Oh that one. Yeah I heard about that. Didn't see it but have read about it. Think it was a shit and weak thing to say. Not really very supportive but then again this government hasn't ever really shown that so I wasn't too surprised :what: