talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

Started off with a crazy headache, the type where you feel a lot of pressure behind the eyes. After that calmed down, my knees started aching. Then after that, it was the back of my calves that feel like they're gonna explode, feeling tired and not wanting to eat anything because I think I'll throw up and I can't really taste much anyway.

What an experience, hopefully tomorrow is better.

18 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Started off with a crazy headache, the type where you feel a lot of pressure behind the eyes. After that calmed down, my knees started aching. Then after that, it was the back of my calves that feel like they're gonna explode, feeling tired and not wanting to eat anything because I think I'll throw up and I can't really taste much anyway.

What an experience, hopefully tomorrow is better.

Have you tested positive?

If kids are failed by anything, if they've lost something substantial, it's down to a lack of creative thinking in the education sector hierarchy and education policy. There's so many creative solutions to negate the situation that can be considered. More than just open the schools, close the schools, wear a mask, cancel exams. 

First time around the lack of creativity could be forgiven. This time? Don't think so. You've had months to prepare. Months of bad decisions like full class sizes.

• Upvote 4

• Administrator

This is promising to hear about a 'life-saving' drug for COVID

These new life-saving Covid drugs, tocilizumab and sarilumab, may be hard to pronounce but they are easy to give.

And the NHS already has stocks of them, meaning the sickest patients can receive doses immediately, to save hundreds more lives.

This treatment breakthrough couldn't come soon enough.

There are more than 30,000 Covid patients in hospitals around the UK - far more than during the peak of last April. In trials, it has been found the new drugs cut deaths by a quarter, saving around one extra life for every 12 people treated.

They also speed up recovery and reduce the length of time that critically-ill patients need to spend in intensive care by about a week

Good news that the vaccines seem to work on the South African strain pretty effectively. A good chance at some point that it will evolve to get past it but apparently the vaccines should be able to be tweaked to combat this. Bit like how the Flu vaccine changes every year.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

• Administrator

Should be told to have it or fuck off :what:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/patients-rejected-pfizer-vaccine-to-wait-for-english-jab-says-doctor-39942072.html

A high-profile doctor has said patients turned down the chance to have the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine, saying they would “wait for the English one”.

Paul Williams, former Labour MP for Stockton South, said it shows the consequences of nationalism, given they are delaying having a jab at the height of the pandemic.

The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was made available to patients at the start of December, while the Oxford/AstraZeneca version was authorised on December 30.

Dr Williams was a GP before turning to politics, continued to see patients while he was an MP to maintain a link with them, and, since being voted out in 2019, has worked on the NHS’s fight against Covid-19.

Writing on Twitter, he said: “Some local patients have turned down an offer this weekend of getting a Covid vaccine when they found out it was the Pfizer one. ‘I’ll wait for the English one’.

“People at risk of death in the depths of a pandemic. A lesson that Nationalism has consequences.”

He clarified that those patients will be given the Oxford vaccine later – but time might be against them

Dr Williams told the PA news agency: “They will stay on the priority list.

“(The) Oxford (vaccine is) not yet here, but when it is it will be offered to them.

“Sometimes patients need a bit of time to make up their mind about these things, but time isn’t on our side here!”

Dr Williams was made an OBE in the New Year Honours list for his services to Parliament and healthcare.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Wasn't the 'English' vaccine the one that was created by Germans and Turkish immigrants among others? Honestly.

No, I don't think so? The Pfizer vaccine is created by BioNTech, a German biotech company which was founded by Turkish immigrants. The Oxford one has mostly British scientists behind it. 

So I read yesterday that people that come into the uk are only now having to have mandatory covid tests? Why has it taken so long? I'm pretty certain other countries have been doing this for months and I'm pretty certain the world health organisation recommended this months ago? Is this just Boris being incompetent or is it a bit more complicated than that?

@Steve Bruce Almighty gonna tag you as you always seem to have a more detailed understanding of these things.

• Subscriber

Still waiting for notification for my jab as I think I am in category 3 as the most valuable with my COPD, Asthma & Heart Failure condition, I don't mind it if it's in my arm, I don't fancy a doctor or nurse telling me to drop my pants and give the jab in my hairy bum. O.o  

• Haha 1

On 06/01/2021 at 20:11, 6666 said:

Home test kit is coming tomorrow. Mostly likely it'll be positive. 

Do you have any medical conditions that will affect it? Even if you dont you have to be alone for two weeks which is hard. I've got a lot of articles which give help with isolation. PM me if you are struggling mate. I know we don't always get along but I can see you are a nice guy and wouldn't want anyone to be alone 

44 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So I read yesterday that people that come into the uk are only now having to have mandatory covid tests? Why has it taken so long? I'm pretty certain other countries have been doing this for months and I'm pretty certain the world health organisation recommended this months ago? Is this just Boris being incompetent or is it a bit more complicated than that?

@Steve Bruce Almighty gonna tag you as you always seem to have a more detailed understanding of these things.

I don't know why it's taken so long because surely it's one of the first things that should be happening when a global pandemic is in full swing. After the horse has bolted springs to mind.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Still waiting for notification for my jab as I think I am in category 3 as the most valuable with my COPD, Asthma & Heart Failure condition, I don't mind it if it's in my arm, I don't fancy a doctor or nurse telling me to drop my pants and give the jab in my hairy bum. O.o  

I think for people over a certain age they can't do it in the arm so there's only one other place for it. Enjoy! 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Don't think there's the choice mate. 

I can remember when I had an accident in my army days and ended up in the hospital, there was this army nurse that I did not get on with and she kept giving me jabs in my bum all the time and I ended up not being able to sleep on my back as my bum was so sore so I had to ask the doctor to tell her to do the jabs in my are which he did and she was not happy about that. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

I can remember when I had an accident in my army days and ended up in the hospital, there was this army nurse that I did not get on with and she kept giving me jabs in my bum all the time and I ended up not being able to sleep on my back as my bum was so sore so I had to ask the doctor to tell her to do the jabs in my are which he did and she was not happy about that. 

She pegged you mate 

After having a good run at our place people seem to be dropping like flies across all shifts now... They have tried to isolate staff into bubbles but if one person gets it they are losing everyone within that bubble... 1st day back on shift today and we are 5 more people down from our last shift... 

15 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Dont think we can know for sure but they probably preferred to put testing resource elsewhere and are doing it now because of the South African strain. The number of people entering the UK at the different times of the pandemic has reportedly been fluctuating from 10,000 to 50,000 per day.