talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

By the sounds of it, from the people I speak to and the news I read, fair play to the UK, it seems like they are really cracking on with the vaccine and as long as it continues to be effective against new strains and whatnot, there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel. A mate of mine was saying they've started or are going to start giving them in local pharmacies as well?

Boris and the government haven't handled the pandemic well but about the only thing they've got right, for the most part, is the vaccine roll-out. By the sounds of it anyway. What's it been like for you guys over there regarding the vaccine rollout?

Here in Spain, it's very slow and the news isn't encouraging at all with the vaccine rollout and the virus in general.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

By the sounds of it, from the people I speak to and the news I read, fair play to the UK, it seems like they are really cracking on with the vaccine and as long as it continues to be effective against new strains and whatnot, there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel. A mate of mine was saying they've started or are going to start giving them in local pharmacies as well?

Boris and the government haven't handled the pandemic well but about the only thing they've got right, for the most part, is the vaccine roll-out. By the sounds of it anyway. What's it been like for you guys over there regarding the vaccine rollout?

Here in Spain, it's very slow and the news isn't encouraging at all with the vaccine rollout and the virus in general.

First dose vaccines over 4.5m done so we're smashing it by all intent and purposes. 

Worth noting it's been led by local councils and NHS trusts as opposed to government like test and trace was. Maybe that's why we're nailing it...

There's a lot of vaccination centres being installed around the whole of the UK so accessibility shouldn't and isn't a problem at the moment. Government have decided to get as many first doses out as possible before 2nd doses get done too. Hence the 4.5m first doses and only 500K second doses so far. I think they're spreading each dose by up to 10-12 weeks at the moment. Figures recently have been 300-350k vaccines per day which is incredible really. Think they're on target for 15m vaccines done by mid-Feb. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 20/01/2021 at 11:04, Carnivore Chris said:

I haven't tested positive as I haven't had any tests but I've been ill as fuck for weeks(better now, but still get pains, nausea and feel fucked when I do physical activity) and after a good check up yesterday, the doctor said I've probably had a virus. But also I've been under tremendous stress.

I didn't have any symptoms in terms of cough or high temperature(which, if I'd have contracted it, it would have been around 5 or so week ago) but I've had all the signs of "long covid". This explains the chest pains and why I thought I was having heart attacks or my lungs were dying. Also the cold sweats, chills, etc I was getting, the lack of appetite, anxiety and general feeling of being unwell. 

I don't know how I'd have caught it if so though? Probably supermarkets? 

I'd do a test but it'd be too late now anyway. Besides you can't go for one around here without a car as you can only drive in to the covid test centre. 

You can order the tests online. They send it almost the same day and send you a return package to send the results back in. 

I had a symptom last week so went to a drive in test and I was negative.

Back at work next week after what feels like an eternity on furlough.

17 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

You can order the tests online. They send it almost the same day and send you a return package to send the results back in. 

I ordered it other night and it's coming today. It'll be negative anyway as I'd have had 5 weeks or so ago if anything.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

That's good - meanwhile here in North America they are still mostly anti-vaccine. Mostly on the other side of the border from where I'm at anyways. I've talked to few pro-vaccine Americans so far, it's quite depressing. With 4000 deaths a day and breaking records for deadliest days in USA history you'd expect better. Can't counter stupid sadly.

Peru on the other hand seems to be mostly pro-vaccine. Thank god.

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

All done with the jab. Had the Pfizer vaccine at 11 this morning. Arm is aching a bit but that’s about it. I’ll report back with any side effects :bye:

If you are doing it yourself mate then you are doing it wrong.... Get the wife involved

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

I've sent it off.

Probably haven't done it properly as I couldn't rub the cotton bud on my tonsils for longer than about 5 seconds, buy did each tonsil twice. I have shit gag reflexes. If I'd gone to a walk in centre, they'd have ended up with sick all over them 😂

17 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've sent it off.

Probably haven't done it properly as I couldn't rub the cotton bud on my tonsils for longer than about 5 seconds, buy did each tonsil twice. I have shit gag reflexes. If I'd gone to a walk in centre, they'd have ended up with sick all over them 😂

xD

When I had mine done I opted to let them do it as they said it would be quicker... The one up the nose done me in, felt like he was trying to push it up into my brain... painful that was 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD

When I had mine done I opted to let them do it as they said it would be quicker... The one up the nose done me in, felt like he was trying to push it up into my brain... painful that was 

Must have had to push quite a way up then :ph34r:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD

I probably didn't push it up enough(waits for the "that's what she said" jokes....)

In fairness though, if I had it, it would have been 4+ weeks ago because I've not had Covid symptoms, and it's "long covid" what I've been suspicious of. I just don't know what's wrong with me as 3 different doctors have said 3 different things.

Maybe I'm just always going to suffer from chronic pain from now on.

I'm fucked either way. I feel like I'm recovering, then like shit again.

2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I probably didn't push it up enough(waits for the "that's what she said" jokes....)

In fairness though, if I had it, it would have been 4+ weeks ago because I've not had Covid symptoms, and it's "long covid" what I've been suspicious of. I just don't know what's wrong with me as 3 different doctors have said 3 different things.

You’d still be testing positive mate, even 4 weeks after.

14 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I was reading an article earlier in the week where they are saying that some people are having to go back in to hospital with lasting complications from having it even just the once, I think it said that most people are having repeat problems within about 140 days of being cleared as covid free... These were only for people that had been admitted to hospital on ventilators though so will assume that these are some of the worst cases and might not apply to those that had less symptoms attached to it... 

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well at least they found some in the right place.. They would have had to shove one up your arse to come close to touching your brains.. 

Caught a big one there xD 

Mj9B1z7.gif

• Haha 1

My missus had her jab two days ago - like me she had lots of antib's in her blood and has had no after effects from the injection.  I am now a week after and have had no feeling at all where it went in and no problems - both had the Pfizer and due back in early April. Don't think we were just lucky, just believe that it is no problem and all should accept it when it is available.  Who knows, by May we might be able to go out for more than just a local walk!:hh:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I was reading an article earlier in the week where they are saying that some people are having to go back in to hospital with lasting complications from having it even just the once, I think it said that most people are having repeat problems within about 140 days of being cleared as covid free... These were only for people that had been admitted to hospital on ventilators though so will assume that these are some of the worst cases and might not apply to those that had less symptoms attached to it... 

I've read about people having no main symptoms but still suffering long covid. It's a nasty virus in general and with it being new there are so many questions which can't be answered. Also lockdowns can only make people ill themselves as it's not normal. I doubt anybody is feeling 100% themselves.

My lungs and chest feel dodgy but I haven't developed a cough nor a single cold or bug since this time last last year. Also I'm not wheezy, so it could even be muscular skeletal problems, which is common among construction workers eventually. I can go for nice walks again without feeling too bad, just little pains.

Stomach isn't great either and I've had pains all over. The nausea has pretty much disappeared however(apart from in periods), as have the shivers, light headedness and cold sweats and there are no problems when it comes to eating. The appetite was awful for a week but since then I've been eating better than ever probably. 

The problem is, anxiety and stress causes all types of shit, so that doesn't help.

It actually led to panic attacks at first(which I thought was a heart attack and ended up at the hospital xD), although they have long past now. Mentally I'm alright now, well much better in this regard atleast.

I don't have a clue but if I keep slowly doing more and more exercise as I have been doing lately(long walks, a few weights, hitting a punch bag, etc), mixed with a better diet, I'll probably slowly get fitter again.

It could work in my favour in the end anyway as I've cut out added sugar, cannabis(which has been substituted with CBD and eliminates any cravings), fizzy drinks, cut out fast food and made changes to my diet. I've never been close to being obese but it can still cause alot of damage to your insides if you overdo it. The smoking needs to stop though definitely, but that's much harder to say than do, especially when you've recently stopped smoking cannabis.

Being inactive for a few months when used to not stopping is never going to make you feel great either. By "staying in to save lives" you're potentially causing alot of damage to yourself. The problem is, how else do you tackle a pandemic? Whatever you do, you're on the losing side I suppose.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've read about people having no main symptoms but still suffering long covid. It's a nasty virus in general and with it being new there are so many questions which can't be answered. Also lockdowns can only make people ill themselves as it's not normal. I doubt anybody is feeling 100% themselves.

My lungs and chest feel dodgy but I haven't developed a cough nor a single cold or bug since this time last last year. Also I'm not wheezy, so it could even be muscular skeletal problems, which is common among construction workers eventually. I can go for nice walks again without feeling too bad, just little pains.

Stomach isn't great either and I've had pains all over. The nausea has pretty much disappeared however, as have the shivers, light headedness and cold sweats and there are no problems when it comes to eating. The appetite was awful for a week but since then I've been eating better than ever probably. 

The problem is, anxiety and stress causes all types of shit, so that doesn't help.

It actually led to panic attacks at first(which I thought was a heart attack and ended up at the hospital xD), although they have long past now. Mentally I'm alright now.

I don't have a clue but if I keep slowly doing more and more exercise as I have been doing lately(long walks, a few weights, hitting a punch bag, etc), mixed with a better diet, I'll probably slowly get fitter again.

It could work in my favour in the end anyway as I've cut out added sugar, cannabis(which has been substituted with CBD and eliminates any cravings), fizzy drinks, cut out fast food and made changes to my diet. I've never been close to being obese but it can still cause alot of damage to your insides if you overdo it.

Being inactive for a few months when used to not stopping is never going to make you feel great either. By "staying in to save lives" you're potentially causing alot of damage to yourself. The problem is, how else do you tackle a pandemic? Whatever you do, you're on the losing side I suppose.

I will be honest and say that the whole thing has felt like it's taken it's toll a bit on me.. Normally I have a fairly upbeat outlook in general even if things are going a bit tits but admit I have not been at my best at times at all and the whole thing has just got everyone down in general and I have been lucky to be able to keep on working throughout the whole thing as well which lot's of other people have been unable to do.. so bugger knows how I would be feeling with little to no money coming in and not many job opportunities knocking about either.. 

I don't think anyone can underestimate the toll it takes on your health, mental wellbeing and physical state... 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I will be honest and say that the whole thing has felt like it's taken it's toll a bit on me.. Normally I have a fairly upbeat outlook in general even if things are going a bit tits but admit I have not been at my best at times at all and the whole thing has just got everyone down in general and I have been lucky to be able to keep on working throughout the whole thing as well which lot's of other people have been unable to do.. so bugger knows how I would be feeling with little to no money coming in and not many job opportunities knocking about either.. 

I don't think anyone can underestimate the toll it takes on your health, mental wellbeing and physical state... 

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. Don’t even feel like anyone has had the opportunity to meet my little man either. He’s 6 months in a couple of weeks and hardly met any strangers.

• Upvote 1