talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Lacazette is much better than Giroud xD

Steep fee but can't be surprised these days. Clubs can basically slap a huge price tag on a player and with the money floating around in the game you're bound to get one idiotic club paying it. 

Why can't he get in the France team ahead of Giroud then?

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How is he a downgrade?

Giroud starts over him every time for France. Wouldn't say downgrade but I wouldn't class him as an upgrade. We will have to see how he does though, I do think the fee is very steep though.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I don't know xD. I don't agree that Giroud should be in the national team. 

8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

That is solely down to the National managers opinion. He may feel Giroud fits his style/system better! 

One mans opinion doesn't mean it's gospel. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That is solely down to the National managers opinion. He may feel Giroud fits his style/system better! 

One mans opinion doesn't mean it's gospel. 

Giroud probably does fit the system better, but that's because he's got more about his game. Lacazette's a good finisher and nothing else and I just don't think that's enough at this level.

30 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

That is why France never won the Euros.

No mate, Ronaldo is why France lost that game :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Giroud probably does fit the system better, but that's because he's got more about his game. Lacazette's a good finisher and nothing else and I just don't think that's enough at this level.

No mate, Ronaldo is why France lost that game :ph34r:

He's got much more to his game than finishing. He's very direct, has good pace and his work rate is top notch. A much better fit for Arsenal's system than Giroud in my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's got much more to his game than finishing. He's very direct, has good pace and his work rate is top notch. A much better fit for Arsenal's system than Giroud in my opinion. 

All strikers are direct and I don't think he's that quick at all for his position. We've had this conversation before xD

The other thing is that he won't fare well being a cog like Giroud does. So you have to ask whether he's good enough to be the main man (not for me) and whether this means Sanchez is off.

People saying Lacazette isn't better than Giroud are wrong and people saying Giroud doesn't belong in the French national team are also wrong. Two different types of ignorance being shown.

Giroud starts for France and does well for France because he fits their system better, he's also a better fit as a striking partner for Griezmann. That's what it's mainly about, systems and tactics. Glad I could help you all out but I remember saying something similar about paying attention to how France play when people thought Martial was going to start for France at the Euros... People never learn. :coffee:

11 hours ago, 6666 said:

People saying Lacazette isn't better than Giroud are wrong and people saying Giroud doesn't belong in the French national team are also wrong. Two different types of ignorance being shown.

Giroud starts for France and does well for France because he fits their system better, he's also a better fit as a striking partner for Griezmann. That's what it's mainly about, systems and tactics. Glad I could help you all out but I remember saying something similar about paying attention to how France play when people thought Martial was going to start for France at the Euros... People never learn. :coffee:

Not sure I buy into the whole he doesn't fit their system. Mbappe has similar qualities and he has gone straight into their first team squad. Does Lacazette even get into their international squads? 

3 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Not sure I buy into the whole he doesn't fit their system. Mbappe has similar qualities and he has gone straight into their first team squad. Does Lacazette even get into their international squads? 

What do you mean you don't buy into it? Do you think he's not a regular starter because he does fit their system better than Giroud but they thought it'd be more fun to go against that? xD Lacazette and Giroud are two totally different types of strikers, of course it's down to what you need when it comes to who you play.

And Mbappe and Lacazette aren't the exact same type of player either, it's like saying Martial and Sturridge are the same type of player. If we are to say they're the same type of player then I guess Lacazette is just better as he scored more goals than Mbappe last season. B|

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

What do you mean you don't buy into it? Do you think he's not a regular starter because he does fit their system better than Giroud but they thought it'd be more fun to go against that? xD Lacazette and Giroud are two totally different types of strikers, of course it's down to what you need when it comes to who you play.

And Mbappe and Lacazette aren't the exact same type of player either, it's like saying Martial and Sturridge are the same type of player. If we are to say they're the same type of player then I guess Lacazette is just better as he scored more goals than Mbappe last season. B|

I said they had similar qualities as in they are both small and pacy, at no point did is say they were the same. I'm only querying why Mbappe can get into the team when he isn't a 6"4 target man? Surely he wouldnt fit their system?

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I'm only querying why Mbappe can get into the team when he isn't a 6"4 target man? Surely he wouldnt fit their system?

The starting duo currently is Giroud and Griezmann. Mbappe is mainly used as either a rotation for Griezmann or he plays on the wing cutting in. He's not an undisputed starter over Giroud. The point that you're attempting to make makes no sense either when the discussion is about Giroud v. Lacazette for France.

It's like you accepted that I was right but didn't want to admit it so made it about Mbappe v. Lacazette while pretending it somehow makes a point about Giroud v. Lacazette which it doesn't.

That is an embarrassment. Again just another example of how you don't need to know what you're doing in football, you just need to know the right people. No real experience in developing players, let alone youth players, and they give him the top job at a Cat 1 Academy. Joke.

Academy manager?

WHY?

This club is an embarrassment. Arsenal have absolutely no idea how to enter the structure of a modern football club.

Just concentrate on making money for god sake! Leave football for clubs dedicated to football. 

Nah, I don't buy it that he wouldn't know anything. A person doesn't play a sport their entire life and not pick on some coaching techniques through osmosis. Would I throw him into that position? Nope but a lower position would've been fine. Coaching the U16s defence or something in that manner.