talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

I'm watching the All or Nothing documentary and tbh I think Arteta has come out of it quite well, especially with Aubamenyang. Clearly there was more to it than just arriving late back from (France?), but you could tell his character when he tried to force the move by arriving in Barcelona without permission.

Been paying attention to Arsenal and the transfer policy quite closely the past couple of years and it's improve drastically from the window they brought Odegaard on loan, you can tell they are building a squad and a culture that will keep them close to the top 4 and in it rather than away from it. There maybe a day where the club feel Arteta can't take them forward any further but it's certainly not coming yet, the players really seem to buy into him.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm watching the All or Nothing documentary and tbh I think Arteta has come out of it quite well, especially with Aubamenyang. Clearly there was more to it than just arriving late back from (France?), but you could tell his character when he tried to force the move by arriving in Barcelona without permission.

Been paying attention to Arsenal and the transfer policy quite closely the past couple of years and it's improve drastically from the window they brought Odegaard on loan, you can tell they are building a squad and a culture that will keep them close to the top 4 and in it rather than away from it. There maybe a day where the club feel Arteta can't take them forward any further but it's certainly not coming yet, the players really seem to buy into him.

They do seem to be on an upward trajectory now, and it revolves getting their recruitment done properly. Although Ramsdale had his errors on Saturday, he seems to have sorted himself out properly. Their defence appears solid now that they've given Saliba a chance to partner Gabriel. If Tomiyasu and Tierney can stay fit, they have good full-backs, with Zinchenko able to deputise.

Midfield will probably get worked on next (Tielemans?) but the attacking players they have are really exciting - Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, Jesus, Smith-Rowe. Vieira is a talent I'm looking forward to seeing how he adjusts to PL football. Not seen anything of Marquinhos but at 19 he must have potential if Arsenal have got him?

They seem to have a structure to their recruitment and actually signing players they've needed, as opposed to just for the sake of it. Jesus could turn out to be one of the signings of the season. 

Getting back into the top 4 I imagine is the aim for Arteta. Wouldn't surprise me if they won FA Cup again or League Cup.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/09/2022 at 14:33, Danny said:

Tony Adams, Ashley Cole and....Jack Wilshere xD

The way they're trying to big up Arsenal's academy to levels beyond what it is is funny to watch

One of the best in England and one we're rightly proud of. Being proud of your academy isn't for every club though...

4 hours ago, 6666 said:

One of the best in England and one we're rightly proud of. Being proud of your academy isn't for every club though...

It is regularly outperformed by clubs with significantly smaller budgets and population. The latest England squad had the same amount of academy alumni from Arsenal as it did Hereford United.

Seven players from Chelsea (wtf). Three from Sheffield, two from Man City, they were the only teams with more than one it seems.

Edited by Spike

10 hours ago, 6666 said:

There’s pride and then there’s half pretending you’re Ajax because you’ve produced a couple mid Prem quality players xD

But also not every club has the luxury of spending 100s of millions to sit in the Europa League.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

There’s pride and then there’s half pretending you’re Ajax because you’ve produced a couple mid Prem quality players xD

But also not every club has the luxury of spending 100s of millions to sit in the Europa League.

You just seem touchy about Brentford's situation and that's funny. Never seen someone upset about a team spotlighting their academy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Barcelona are looking at Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, 40, as a potential replacement for their Spanish manager Xavi Hernandez, 42. (Sport)

Here's interesting. Would he or wouldn't he?

I think it would be quite bad if he did. I've said loads of times there isn't much loyalty in football. However the club stuck by him and a lot of clubs would have sacked him. Also the pressure of managing Barcelona would be much greater than at arsenal. He wouldn't be given much time. Thats if the story is even true

6 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think it would be quite bad if he did. I've said loads of times there isn't much loyalty in football. However the club stuck by him and a lot of clubs would have sacked him. Also the pressure of managing Barcelona would be much greater than at arsenal. He wouldn't be given much time. Thats if the story is even true

BBC Gossip column. I'm not sure he's ready for Barca.

• 2 weeks later...