talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

When we're about to sign Dragovic as well, OK he isn't van Dijk but surely he's an improvement for you?

Drinkwater I'd still rather see stay but if Silva comes then it softens the blow significantly. Mahrez is the real big one here. There's no way we'll replace him.

Even if he's not an improvement on Lovren, he'd be a good signing. We need depth and quality. We've got two injury prone starters in Matip and Lovren, then it's Klavan, then 20 year old Joe Gomez (who I don't think has ever played CB for the senior team, could be wrong) and that's it. I don't want to sound hysterical, but there's really no excuse for not signing a centre back this summer.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Fucking left it didn't I. Now 1/6.

It was the smart thing to do, it was a big risk with us already bidding for him  a few days ago and other clubs sniffing around him too  ..only a mug punter would of had a nibble at that, you would of got lucky this time but taking huge risks doesn't pay off in the long run

Thomas Lemar turned down a potential move to Arsenal because of his desire to join Liverpool, according to French newspaper L’Equipe.

Lemar was one of the most coveted players throughout Europe heading into Thursday’s deadline day, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Barcelona all considering moves for the winger.

Monaco were adamant for most of the summer that they did not wish to lose yet another first-team player, but the Ligue Un side accepted a £90million offer from Arsenal in the afternoon.

Shortly after, the Gunners pulled out of the deal as they felt it was too late to conclude it, although other reports claim Lemar rejected them.

French newspaper L’Equipe believe they know why, as they report that Liverpool’s interest swayed Lemar’s thinking.

The Reds considered making a late move for the winger, but eventually decided against it after signing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal.

But L’Equipe say that Lemar ‘only has eyes for Liverpool’, and that the Reds could make a move in future transfer windows.

14 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Please, please, please play Yaya Toure at centre back against us

Optimistic, i like it!  ...but first you will struggle to get a touch of the ball and when you do, you will hardly get out your own half so i don't think it will matter who plays CB that day tbh ;)

BREAKING NEWS

Diego Costa has been named in Chelsea's 25-man Premier League squad.

Premier League clubs had a 4pm deadline today to submit a squad list containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the ‘Home Grown Player” criteria.

The reminder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown.

14 minutes ago, True Blue said:

BREAKING NEWS

Diego Costa has been named in Chelsea's 25-man Premier League squad.

Premier League clubs had a 4pm deadline today to submit a squad list containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the ‘Home Grown Player” criteria.

The reminder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown.

CL squad is also announced tonight. Brace yourself. 

18 hours ago, True Blue said:

The league list already out? Where did we find 25 men?

Seems we've only registered 20, with Costa included.

As expected, he's left out of the CL squad. Not risking including him as he would be ineligible for Atletico, thus the price being driven down. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived