talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

48 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why, has Bale gone all Billy Big Bollocks?

Have you watched him recently? Looks lost and doesn't really have any influence in the team. Asensio and Isco look better suited in this new 'cross to ronaldo' system. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Have you watched him recently? Looks lost and doesn't really have any influence in the team. Asensio and Isco look better suited in this new 'cross to ronaldo' system. 

Yeah I've noticed that. I thought Balon was referring to Bales attitude in general?

Bale hasn't really been acting out as much as like Cicero said he looks lost more often then not. Players like Isco, Asensio, and Modric thrive more so because the tactics of late are cross it in to Ronaldo or pass up to Benzema/Morata. Bale has definitely been trying to transition but he isn't that kind of player really, but on the other end he always runs back and defends which is good and something James doesn't do. Even Ronaldo runs back more than James.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why, has Bale gone all Billy Big Bollocks?

In Ancelotti's book he tells of how Bale would throw tantrums in training and there's one particular story of where after one training session he goes upto Ancelotti and says that he wants to play in central midfield.  Ancelotti apparently ignores him and starts to talk to his assistant where Bale doesn't even finish getting changed and calls his agent.  He then makes his agent speak to the Real Madrid president, Florentino Pérez demanding that he plays in central midfield as the player feels he will be more valuable to the team in that position.  Florentino Pérez goes to Ancelotti with this and the Italian coach tells Ancelotti that he's not going to do no such thing and that to do that would mean to change tactics halfway through the season on a player's whim.  According to Carlo Ancelotti that was the start of the bad relationship with the Real president and soon after would be told his contract wasn't to be renewed and could leave in the summer if he so wished.

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Add Lucas Vázquez to that list too on players Zidane prefers.

10 minutes ago, Dickie said:

the tactics of late are cross it in to Ronaldo

You're right that Real's tactics are cross the ball as much as possible (all types of different crosses), but it's the full-backs (Marcelo and most of all Carvajal) who've been supplying that in the tactics Zidane uses.

22 minutes ago, Dickie said:

but on the other end he always runs back and defends

That's not true at all!  Infact the ones thing Bale has always been accused of since he arrived is his lack of sacrifice where defending and recovering positions is in question.  He doesn't do it and just because there's been a moment or two, doesn't mean he does it and that's actually the main reason Zidane doesn't like him.  Cristiano doesn't like coming back either but he's been doing it more of late because rumours are that Zidane told him he'd be going in the same direction as Bale.

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

In Ancelotti's book he tells of how Bale would throw tantrums in training and there's one particular story of where after one training session he goes upto Ancelotti and says that he wants to play in central midfield.  Ancelotti apparently ignores him and starts to talk to his assistant where Bale doesn't even finish getting changed and calls his agent.  He then makes his agent speak to the Real Madrid president, Florentino Pérez demanding that he plays in central midfield as the player feels he will be more valuable to the team in that position.  Florentino Pérez goes to Ancelotti with this and the Italian coach tells Ancelotti that he's not going to do no such thing and that to do that would mean to change tactics halfway through the season on a player's whim.  According to Carlo Ancelotti that was the start of the bad relationship with the Real president and soon after would be told his contract wasn't to be renewed and could leave in the summer if he so wished.

Add Lucas Vázquez to that list too on players Zidane prefers.

You're right that Real's tactics are cross the ball as much as possible (all types of different crosses), but it's the full-backs (Marcelo and most of all Carvajal) who've been supplying that in the tactics Zidane uses.

That's not true at all!  Infact the ones thing Bale has always been accused of since he arrived is his lack of sacrifice where defending and recovering positions is in question.  He doesn't do it and just because there's been a moment or two, doesn't mean he does it and that's actually the main reason Zidane doesn't like him.  Cristiano doesn't like coming back either but he's been doing it more of late because rumours are that Zidane told him he'd be going in the same direction as Bale.

From what I saw of him this season he came back a number of times, and without a doubt more so than James by a long shot. I think Cristiano is also maturing more so the last few years when it comes to being a team player, I think he wants to be a leader as much as star now and he is stepping into that role.

Sky report that James Rodriguez is allegedly being offered to United, punters swallow it and lump money on Rodriguez joining United and now SkyBet have to suspend the betting on Rodriguez joining United, earning Sky a shed load of money in the process.

The cynic in me says something is dodgy there.

39 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Sky report that James Rodriguez is allegedly being offered to United, punters swallow it and lump money on Rodriguez joining United and now SkyBet have to suspend the betting on Rodriguez joining United, earning Sky a shed load of money in the process.

The cynic in me says something is dodgy there.

Haha, Man after my own heart

Manchester United are being linked with PSG's young Brazilian centre-back Marquinhos.  Barcelona were after him for two years but due to the ridiculous sum of money the Parisian club wanted for him they never executed the signing.  He's a very good ball playing central defender and very quick.  But due to his age is also susceptible to errors.  A good signing for the future though if it were to go through.

Mourinho sí puede fichar a Marquinhos

20 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I take it United are buying everyone in the world again then? 

Mourinho is sooo United!

Obviously these are all rumours and typical stuff you get linked to clubs that the media think or feel they're going to be buying big.  It's also not as if United haven't done it in recent years namely last summer.  Manchester City will also be linked with everyone you'll see.

Whether or not it's all true is another matter but Marquinhos is one of the central defenders most big clubs would want and can be had to be honest.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Obviously these are all rumours and typical stuff you get linked to clubs that the media think or feel they're going to be buying big.  It's also not as if United haven't done it in recent years namely last summer.  Manchester City will also be linked with everyone you'll see.

Whether or not it's all true is another matter but Marquinhos is one of the central defenders most big clubs would want and can be had to be honest.

I was just saying that Mourinho is absolutely perfect for United. Spends as much as he wants on who he wants (like he's done at nearly every club he's been at) and takes all the plaudits when it works out whilst blaming the players socks when it doesn't. 

Cant wait till he retires the horrible little man. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I was just saying that Mourinho is absolutely perfect for United. Spends as much as he wants on who he wants (like he's done at nearly every club he's been at) and takes all the plaudits when it works out whilst blaming the players socks when it doesn't. 

Cant wait till he retires the horrible little man. 

I'd like to see him coaching at international level to be honest.  There's no doubt he's a great motivator although he uses unconventional methods of the "World's against us", but it has worked in the past.  But the reason I say that I'd like to see him on the international scene is because there he can't sign anyone and is limited to national players.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'd like to see him coaching at international level to be honest.  There's no doubt he's a great motivator although he uses unconventional methods of the "World's against us", but it has worked in the past.  But the reason I say that I'd like to see him on the international scene is because there he can't sign anyone and is limited to national players.

He'd be shite. 

Im not arsed about watching England games now to be honest but if Mourinho ever became manager of our national side I wouldn't watch a single second. 

Steve Parish is hopeful Crystal Palace will sign on-loan Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho on a permanent basis, but insists the deal must work for both Premier League clubs.

Udinese goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis has been linked with a move to England, with Crystal Palace, Watford and Newcastle United all said to be interested

Crystal Palace ace James McArthur is reportedly a target for newly-promoted Brighton and Hove Albion.

7 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Steve Parish is hopeful Crystal Palace will sign on-loan Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho on a permanent basis, but insists the deal must work for both Premier League clubs.

Udinese goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis has been linked with a move to England, with Crystal Palace, Watford and Newcastle United all said to be interested

Crystal Palace ace James McArthur is reportedly a target for newly-promoted Brighton and Hove Albion.

We want £30m for Sakho and I think you lot only want to pay about £20m. We'll probably agree a fee somewhere in the middle. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Sakho's Anfield days are over, I'd say that within reason you'll accept whatever Palace will offer.

No chance mate. Klopp has been asked this question numerous times and he's been pretty hard handed. The club have insisted that he'll cost £30m and our hand has been strengthened moreso with his performances for Palace. 

We'll not get £30m but we'll definitely not sell for less than £20m. 

31 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Sakho's Anfield days are over, I'd say that within reason you'll accept whatever Palace will offer.

I have no doubt he's done at Liverpool, but I don't think Palace are the only suitors. We'll easily get the £30m we want from somewhere.

42 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I have no doubt he's done at Liverpool, but I don't think Palace are the only suitors. We'll easily get the £30m we want from somewhere.

Easily? At that price he's effectively out priced himself from joining anybody other than a Premier League club. If Palace and other clubs from this league don't want to pay thirty million for him you're not going to 'easily' get thirty million.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

£30million for Sakho? xD

I was gonna question that too.  Hey!  If Liverpool can get that for him, then why should they be stupid...  The stupid ones really are the ones paying that amount of money for mediocrity. The Premier League market is totally abnormal.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

We want £30m for Sakho and I think you lot only want to pay about £20m. We'll probably agree a fee somewhere in the middle. 

Absolute rip-off. I'd hands-down sack whichever manager wants to stump up such an absurd amount for him. Had Crystal Palace looked a lot stronger through Sakho alone I'd have understood a fair sum but £30m for one player? Couldn't see many putting that much into him and if they did they'd be the stupidest team in the league.

Archived