talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

We've had a £20 mil bid rejected for Tom Cairney.

I do rate him but there's no way I'd be going a penny over that for him. There's bound to be better value for money options out there.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, FOYM said:

Better not be.

If the 13m buy out clause is true I wouldn't mind him to be honest. We lack depth and he'd be a decent squad filler. Would send out the wrong signals if he was our first proper signing of the summer though.

Apparently some Prem clubs are after Jota, West Ham and Everton mentioned but I don't know how realistic. 12 goals in 23 games for us last season, being touted at around £8m (apparently) due to only having one year left on his contract.

Too good for the Championship but I'd love to keep him even if we do lose him next Summer.

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

Apparently some Prem clubs are after Jota, West Ham and Everton mentioned but I don't know how realistic. 12 goals in 23 games for us last season, being touted at around £8m (apparently) due to only having one year left on his contract.

Too good for the Championship but I'd love to keep him even if we do lose him next Summer.

First I've heard of this. Wouldn't mind it but I heard that he would go back to either Spain or Portugal if he was to leave the Bees.

2 hours ago, Large said:

First I've heard of this. Wouldn't mind it but I heard that he would go back to either Spain or Portugal if he was to leave the Bees.

Just something said on a fans forum, but Everton were the main link.

• Subscriber

Everton are considering a move for Paul Pogba's brother Florentin. The Premier League side are hoping to strengthen their defence and the Saint-Etienne man is a possible target. However, they will face competition from last season's Bundesliga runners-up RB Leipzig. (Jeune Afrique)

I've seen him play twice against United last season and both times he stunk. 

More talk tonight about Sandro and Klaassen close to joining as well as still wanting Keane and Sigurdsson. 

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Did a decent job for City, don't think this would be a terrible move as he would clearly be a reserve keeper. Only thing is if big nose gets injured we would be totally fucked.

I don't see it like that. Caballero did fairly well on his part having City's laughable defensive line try and protect him.  Decent penalty saver as well. 

Just now, Cicero said:

I don't see it like that. Caballero did fairly well on his part having City's laughable defensive line try and protect him.  Decent penalty saver as well. 

He did do well, but could you see him playing for half a season as a starter? He probably could do an ok job, but big nose can now rest and know he won't be dropped. That is what worries me the most.

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

He did do well, but could you see him playing for half a season as a starter? He probably could do an ok job, but big nose can now rest and know he won't be dropped. That is what worries me the most.

Caballero replaced Bravo, after everyone was wanking over how good he would be. Pretty sure  if he earned the trust in Pep, he'll earn it in Conte. Hypothetically speaking if Courtois decides to let every single shot in like he did in the 2015/16 season. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Caballero replaced Bravo, after everyone was wanking over how good he would be. Pretty sure Caballero if he earned the trust in Pep, he'll earn it in Conte. Hypothetically speaking if Courtois decides to let every single shot in like he did in the 2015/16 season. 

Exactly, when we are winning and on a good roll he is very good. However when we are shit he keeps conceding them with ease, at times i think he just don't give a shit. To remember that he actually replaced Cech is beyond laughable.

20 hours ago, Danny said:

Newcastle linked too.

Decent player, haven't seen a lot of him but he's hardly a name that inspires excitement.

• Subscriber

Some up to date odds - these are all for players where Sky Bet have a transfer elsewhere down as more likely than the player staying put. Only those to/from Premier League clubs as well.

John Terry to Bournemouth (5/4) [same odds on him to join Aston Villa]

Alexis Sanchez to Man City (8/11)

Diego Costa to AC Milan (5/4)

Wayne Rooney to Any Chinese Club (8/11)

Zlatan Ibrahimovich to Any MLS Club (8/15)

Virgil Van Dijk to Liverpool (Evens)

Joe Hart to West Ham (7/4)

Aaron Mooy to Huddersfield (2/5)

Adnan Januzaj to Real Sociedad (5/4)

Alvaro Morata to Man Utd (1/12)

Andrew Robertson to Burnley (4/5)

Benjamin Mendy to Man City (8/11)

Charlie Taylor to West Brom (4/9)

Dusan Tadic to Liverpool (5/6) [same odds to stay at Southampton]

Fabian Delph to West Brom (7/4)

Fabinho to Man Utd (1/6)

Gael Clichy to Fenerbahce (Evens)

Gylfi Sigurdsson to Everton (4/6)

Harry Maguire to Leicester (1/6)

Iker Casillas to Liverpool (5/4)

Ivan Perisic to Man Utd (1/2)

James Rodriguez to Chelsea (3/1)

Jordan Pickford to Everton (1/20)

Kelechi Iheanacho to West Ham (4/7)

Kyle Walker to Man City (1/4)

Lucas Perez to Sevilla (5/4)

Michael Keane to Everton (4/7)

Mohamed Salah to Liverpool (1/5)

Nolito to Sevilla (4/9)

Riyad Mahrez to Arsenal (11/10)

Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea (1/6)

Ryan Bertrand to Man City (1/5)

Sandro Ramirez to Everton (4/9)

Thomas Lemar to Tottenham (10/11)

Tiemoue Bakayoko (1/8)

Any not on the list (e.g. Ross Barkley) means that the bookies have them staying at their club as the most likely outcome by the end of the transfer window.

No real news coming from us the last few days since the Van Dijk fuck up. I bet the club are intentionally being quieter now and not leaking daft shit to the media. It does us no good at all. That being said...I would like to see a signing happen by the end of the week. Can't be Tadic either cause him and Solanke as our first signings of the summer would be disheartening for what is to come. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dan said:

Maguire to Leicester 1/6 :|

Fucking hell. That's a goer then. I'm happy with that.

I'd treat it with a bit of caution. Transfer odds quite often go massively odds on when the club is favourite to sign a player, think Griezmann to United or Van Dijk to Liverpool.

Archived