talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

42 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah as if this far down the line he doesn't know what wages he would get etc. It was a nonsense report. Think this will get done, hopefully sooner rather than later 

Hopefully? 

You don't actually want the mug do you? xD

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Barkley is 60% quality and 40% hype about his potential. Good enough to play for us next season if he was at his best but will need to find another level of quality and consistency if he wants to be establishing himself at any of those teams.

Usual tactic of other clubs driving the price up so he costs Spurs much more than he should. 

Barkley can't hold down a place in Everton's team. What makes anyone think he can hold down a place at spurs, United or Chelsea? xD

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well he was hardly a mainstay and it's common knowledge Koeman isn't that fussed about him. 

If you lot get Sigs then you have seriously upgraded. 

Only two players had more minutes in the league last season. He was very much a mainstay. If Koeman wasn't arsed then he wouldn't want us to offer him a contract worth six figures a week. He's turned us down, not the other way around. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Done deal: Álvaro Morata goes to Chelsea. Both Chelsea FC and Real Madrid CF have apparently come to an agreement and the transfer is closed. 

this is rarely the case until he's holding a club shirt in an official announcement these days!

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He is proper crap mate. If I were you I'd be hoping it's just a rumour. 

In recent Real Madrid history, by a long margin, I can't think of anyone worse performance wise for them but he did improve towards the end of last season. I'll hang my neck on the line here and say that if he moves, he's going to surprise a few people in Spain this coming season. I do think a move to Chelsea under Conte and the current conditions though would have been better for him and it's a move I would have backed despite the price being off-putting. I'm tired of Moses' and Alonso's crossing and composure in the final third.

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

In recent Real Madrid history, by a long margin, I can't think of anyone worse performance wise for them but he did improve towards the end of last season. I'll hang my neck on the line here and say that if he moves, he's going to surprise a few people in Spain this coming season. I do think a move to Chelsea under Conte and the current conditions though would have been better for him and it's a move I would have backed despite the price being off-putting. I'm tired of Moses' and Alonso's crossing and composure in the final third.

Alonso is a fine crosser? Something I admire the most about him is staying wide and putting in a cross.  Moses on the other hand is terrible. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Alonso is a fine crosser? Something I admire the most about him is staying wide and putting in a cross.  Moses on the other hand is terrible. 

Moses is a typical player you find in the Premier League who's direct and plays best on instinct.

I was perhaps a little harsh on Alonso who has a decent left peg but his problem is that he has to be given the time to put the cross in, every cross has to be taken more or less like a set piece. He isn't dynamic enough to get into crossing positions and hence the quantity of crossing isn't consistent enough. Maybe we could combine Moses and Alonso? Alonso is also too safe on the ball for me (which I guess means he'll keep attacks alive and not let the attack break down) but again this adds to his problem mentioned above.

I guess it doesn't help Costa doesn't thrive on crosses into the box, Morata is perhaps better suited in that regard.

For the record, I'd be happy with both Moses and Alonso starting next season but I've always thought they are a certain level and we should be aspiring to better quality at wing back.

4 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Moses is a typical player you find in the Premier League who's direct and plays best on instinct.

I was perhaps a little harsh on Alonso who has a decent left peg but his problem is that he has to be given the time to put the cross in, every cross has to be taken more or less like a set piece. He isn't dynamic enough to get into crossing positions and hence the quantity of crossing isn't consistent enough. Maybe we could combine Moses and Alonso? Alonso is also too safe on the ball for me (which I guess means he'll keep attacks alive and not let the attack break down) but again this adds to his problem mentioned above.

I guess it doesn't help Costa doesn't thrive on crosses into the box, Morata is perhaps better suited in that regard.

For the record, I'd be happy with both Moses and Alonso starting next season but I've always thought they are a certain level and we should be aspiring to better quality at wing back.

Bertrand/Alonso and Azpilicueta/Moses as our options next season could work. 

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Maybe Liverpool?

It is Liverpool, it's been reported all day in the media. 

I said first thing this morning when I heard this news that we should fuck this off now and move on to other targets. 

They don't want to sell and that's that. 

Archived