• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

football forums

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

He's not 'crying' about it. Just probably finds it funny you have to randomly mention it at various opportunities.

He 100% is crying about it.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt on your second point though.

Just now, Stan said:

I saw one as well (no idea if it was the same one?)

3 cops have a guy restrained on the floor behind some kind of concrete block/pillar/monument. One cop has his knee on the guy's head for a few seconds then moves it off/towards his back.

Then, and this is what surprised me the most, another cop comes in next to the cop above, and starts hammering knees to the guys midriff/chest. The guy surely must have sustained some broken ribs or damage there. It must have been about 6 or 7 full-power knees in to the guy. And you had another cop holding the guy's leg down.

It saddens and scares me that all some cops have in their mind is the USE THE POWER USE THE FORCE USE ALL YOUR STRENGTH mode. No other kind of level. Just 0 to 100 within seconds and use all force necessary despite the circumstances. 

That sounds different to the video I saw with the other cop coming in and beating on the restrained man. That clip sounds worse. Tbh if you go around the internet right now you're seeing so many of these videos coming out from over the weekend and this week and the evidence of police just using severely excessive strength. I'm seeing more San Diego ones because I'm seeing a lot of shit from accounts around me on Twitter.

I think it's a great shame for America, that the police are allowed to be so aggressive with the public. Especially when not all of these protests are the protests erupting into looting and there's so many instances of peaceful protesting turned violent by police escalation to the fact that there are protestors telling them not to be violent.

28 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

You can't be bothered to look because you know you're spreading absolute shite. Right, I'm not doing this again or this will become the 2nd this week. Find it or I won't reply.

No I can't be bothered because it's an internet forum that I come on for fun and i can't be bothered to spend half hour trying to prove a point.  I know I've seen you arguing with people on here since teso has gone. Maybe not in the last couple of weeks but you definitely have. 

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Maybe not in the last couple of weeks

Congrats on proving my point.

We all go through rough patches. I just chose not to leave during them and it could affect me sometimes. Doesn't mean I'm naturally born to argue. Right after Teso left I was in a shitty mood for a couple weeks so I got into arguments with everyone. In the last 2 months I haven't gotten into any feuds besides the one today.

God damn.

46 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Teso is gone and you are still getting into arguements all the time.

@Gunnersauraus I'm going to drop it here, this is really a pointless discussion. In fact next time you reply I'll just take it to PM's and try to solve it there.

But please don't spread false info as you did say this.

@Inti Brian what I said is you have had arguements since teso has gone. Which you have. You said it was only for a few weeks after he went. I don't believe that I think it was more recent than that. But I did admit it might not have been in the last couple of weeks. No contradiction there at all

8 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

We know you don’t because if you read the rest of my posts you can see I was being perfectly reasonable and that I am not against the protests in the USA in any way.

Yeah but mate you used the phrase all lives matter. That is the typical retort from white people to the black lives matter movement and is synonymous with profound ignorance and lack of empathy with the issues of the African American community.

At face value it's a true statement, and black lives matter is a corollary of all lives matter. But it's typically used in place of "nobody has it easy guys so just shut the fuck up".

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah but mate you used the phrase all lives matter. That is the typical retort from white people to the black lives matter movement and is synonymous with profound ignorance and lack of empathy with the issues of the African American community.

At face value it's a true statement, and black lives matter is a corollary of all lives matter. But it's typically used in place of "nobody has it easy guys so just shut the fuck up".

I did, that post was worded terribly, and anyone should know I messed up in the wording of it if they saw my next post where I said it was a bit beyond that at this point.

3 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

He 100% is crying about it.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt on your second point though.

Wrong again, mate. 

He's having a laugh at the immaturity of it all, and the fact that you constantly needing, and telling everyone, the use of the ignore button. xD

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

Wrong again, mate. 

He's having a laugh at the immaturity of it all, and the fact that you constantly needing, and telling everyone, the use of the ignore button. xD

Believe what you want to. I personally couldn’t care about your agenda.

The irony of you and Tommy calling anyone immature. It’s laughable.

Just for anyone just seeing this, I just resolved the whole issue with staff and I apologized for getting heated. I DO NOT want this to become a habit again. 

I'm posting this because I don't want this to keep escalating. And because the last 2 posts haven't been hidden (yet). I think the thread shouldn't be derailed anymore. Let's help a brother out keeping this thread clean from here on.

Has anyone checked out Amazon books? The top charts in adults and kids books are mostly books on civil rights and race (for adults), and compassion and empathy (kids). I'm not positive about the adult books, but I tried to buy some books for my daughter about race and empathy, and they are all sold out. 

I can't help but take that as a positive sign that the younger generations are becoming more and more aware. 

I just looked at the deaths of the protests. 16+ so far in about a week.

Chile in about 3-4 months of protesting has had only 31 deaths. I know the population density and general population in the USA is much higher, but this still says something to me. Because those protests in Chile were terrible.

The whole David Dorn fiasco is just sad.

• Administrator

This is sad to read. 

So much is fucked up when a person of colour, protesting for a person of colour dying at the hands of police, gets shot at while they're injured  even though the police said to other protestors (who they also shoot at) to bring him to them to get medical help. And then a medic is shot at as well in the process. Insane. 

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That sounds different to the video I saw with the other cop coming in and beating on the restrained man. That clip sounds worse. Tbh if you go around the internet right now you're seeing so many of these videos coming out from over the weekend and this week and the evidence of police just using severely excessive strength. I'm seeing more San Diego ones because I'm seeing a lot of shit from accounts around me on Twitter.

I think it's a great shame for America, that the police are allowed to be so aggressive with the public. Especially when not all of these protests are the protests erupting into looting and there's so many instances of peaceful protesting turned violent by police escalation to the fact that there are protestors telling them not to be violent.

Found it. 

They have no awareness. Mentally or societally.

On 03/06/2020 at 02:00, Azeem said:

That pause...

To be fair, he took time to think about his answer and acknowledged that racism exists in Canada too. His answer was excellent as a result. 

Trudeau is never going to criticize Trump because he doesn't want to strain the already strained relationship with the USA, which has a huge history since independence for both. Trump is the "big man" in this since USA is basically the older brother. So it's not worth him making comments on dickface Donald for the long term future.

It pisses me off that it takes a black man being murdered in a  foreign country for Australians to protest, when Aboriginals have been dying in police custody for years. Are we as a nation fucking Phil's bald head or something?

Spineless creeps, shit for brain pigs that are more concerned about a foreign nation that what is happening to their home and compatriots. 

Archived